Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching from Meteor PAYG to Bill? Roaming?

Options
  • 17-06-2005 11:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭

I switched from Vodafone Billpay to Meteor PAYG about a year ago for the main reason to reduce my mobile bill. This it has done, though obviously I use my phone a lot less now than I used to do. I suspect this is mainly because it a PAYG and not because its meteor, since no one I know has a meteor phone.

My spend is about 25 a month on PAYG I'm wondering it I would Bill pay give me better value for money or do you reckon I'll just end up driving my bill up as I used to?

My experience of Meteors coverage has been mixed. When I first got it I had lot of problems with coverage around Dublin City Center and no coverage when in parts of Silgo. Lately I haven't noticed any problems though I've not been in the city center or even out of Dublin that much. I was wondering what people experience of roaming, with Meteor either PAYG or Bill pay has been.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Slice

For 25 euro rental with billpay meteor will give you 75 mins and 75 text per month, this is alot more than any other network.

Roaming as billpay is easy and cheap. You may need to make an advance payment of 100 euro initially which will go against your next bill but after that it's just a case of selecting the cheapest network once you arrive in the country you're roaming in.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

It's 60e as far as I know for Meteor bill pay roaming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

RachG wrote:
    It's 60e as far as I know for Meteor bill pay roaming.

I know its 60 on PAYG. I was told it nothing on Billpay as they already have your cc details. I think I'll swtich to bill pay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Mobile Sense

I recently switched to Meteor Business, its the best move I have done, its cut my bills in half, the care from my account manager is excellent..( I think he was with Vodafone before) coverage is perfect no better than the other two and overall a very positive and good service.. One thin Meteor offer is real savings no hidden extras

I switched from Vodafone Billpay to Meteor PAYG about a year ago for the main reason to reduce my mobile bill. This it has done, though obviously I use my phone a lot less now than I used to do. I suspect this is mainly because it a PAYG and not because its meteor, since no one I know has a meteor phone.

My spend is about 25 a month on PAYG I'm wondering it I would Bill pay give me better value for money or do you reckon I'll just end up driving my bill up as I used to?

My experience of Meteors coverage has been mixed. When I first got it I had lot of problems with coverage around Dublin City Center and no coverage when in parts of Silgo. Lately I haven't noticed any problems though I've not been in the city center or even out of Dublin that much. I was wondering what people experience of roaming, with Meteor either PAYG or Bill pay has been.

Advertisement