Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New cross-hairs

Options
  • 17-06-2005 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭

Have a rifle which hasn't been used in years. When looked through the scope I realised the crosshairs were not exactly vertical and horizontal, actually far from it, almost diagonal. So I unscrewed the eyepiece and tried to straighten the crosshairs, resulting in me breaking one arm of it.

Anyone know if I can order a new crosshairs? Where to do it?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

Erm................... not sure if you meant that the whole scope had rotated in its mounts, or if the the reticle had rotated inside the scope, but unless the scope is a particularly fancy/expensive one, I'd guess that it's now FUBAR. :(
    Sorry.

Reticles CAN be replaced, but it's only really cost effective in very expensive scopes.

Depending on what you want to do, riflescopes run from €40-50 (or less) up to four figure sums, so unless your damaged scope cost in the high hundreds or more, a new one might be the best option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭Flattop 15

Think you kind of screwed that one friend. :( .
    The crosshairs are usually very fine wires ,that are magnified onto the glass or somthing like that.Unless it is a very expensive brand like Zeiss or somthing up in the huge money bracket,where the reticles are engraved into the glass,[and where your problem wouldnt happen ]you are proably better off buying a new scope.Unless it is a major brand you could send it back to whereever for repair.But because you opened it,you might have invalidated the warrenty.
    Wish i could be more helpful on that one. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭Ammoman

Peter B wrote:
    Have a rifle which hasn't been used in years. When looked through the scope I realised the crosshairs were not exactly vertical and horizontal, actually far from it, almost diagonal. So I unscrewed the eyepiece and tried to straighten the crosshairs, resulting in me breaking one arm of it.

Anyone know if I can order a new crosshairs? Where to do it?

Thanks in advance

Sorry mate , your scope is kaput ! go and buy another one , Scopes are not designed to be repaired by lay people , they require special tools etc , and a Scope smith . :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭jaycee

Anyone know if I can order a new crosshairs?

Yep..:

They will be included with your new scope.. That one is Busted.. :(

Advertisement