Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

German Aftermath

Options
  • 17-06-2005 1:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭

I was very surprised with the paper. Personally I thought the comprehensions were alot easier than previous years. What do you think?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭<Jonny>

Very easy paper.

DISGUSTED with myself for misjudging the time and ending up not finishing the letter. It was such a great letter and I just didn't get it finished. DAMN.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭sarahg_angel69

dropped to pass this morn...wuda failed if i did the honours!!!!! ah well....i got an A id say anyway!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

dropped to pass this morn...wuda failed if i did the honours!!!!! ah well....i got an A id say anyway!!!
    exact same as me.

thank god i use german ebay sometimes, as a listen question came up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭sarahg_angel69

hahaha ebay....was she really trying to sell her daughter???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Shyster

lol yeah, apparantly that did happen?! i was delira witht the paper, comprehensions were very understand-able, was it baking powder or flour or what?!
    FINITOOOOOOO!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I did pass german, loved it! Thought the aural was slightly tough. Got that eBay question wrong - lol honestly. Of all questions. Ah well! A daughter eh? lol. Cool cool!

Only ONE more to go - Construction Studies. Hope all did well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭randomfella

****ing backpelver ??? i thought it was tablets for back pain relief

i'll never live that one down. THat and 2 small mistakes on the grammar were the only 'mistakes' i made. I reckon i'm cutting it tight for the A1. LIstening was easy to score marks on but there were plenty of details in there that u had to get. Can believe i'm finished my leaving cert. What an anti-climax. Feel like i should be studying!!

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭:Keith:

Baking powder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Shyster

i know, what do we do now? suppose Home and Away's a good place to start....

thanks keith, wrote púdar and plúr anyway so should be ok

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭the smiley one

was there not also a packet of biscuits "kuchen"??! If there wasn't dammit dammit dammit!!!

:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭defiantshrimp

:Keith: wrote:
    Baking powder.

Feck! I said "baking ingredient"! How on earth would the brand of baking powder change the taste of bread.... Anyway. I thought it was a very nice paper, didn’t like the Auessrung Zum Thema that much but it wasn't horrible. The aural was a bit tougher than previous years, or so i thought. In all I'm quite happy with it

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I do pass and it was awalk in the park, listeng comp was a bit iffy but id say a or b

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭thegloriousend

Feck! I said "baking ingredient"! How on earth would the brand of baking powder change the taste of bread.... Anyway

It Wasn't Baking Powder, It turned out to be poision in the end! The feicin cat dropped dead.

the baking powder had gone off past its sell by date, and thats why the cat died wasn't it?

Stupid story nonetheless

liked the one on the blind restuarant. I'd heard about it previously and it helped me understand it better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭the smiley one

FECK IT!!! argh so mad at mysefl!!! was wonderin why he used "biscuits" to bake stuff......

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭7thSeal

didn't like the "ausrung ..."
    Great letter though

I think this "Sophie" person had wanted to kill Herbert cause he moved in with some new gal. - It was tradition to bake the cake whenever u moved in with a new person. Cat died in the end - so powder was poison. So becasue of her "curiosity she killed the cat"! - get it? :D And saved the dudes life.

yea, the curiosity killed the cat was the title

Always helps to read the title.

GOd i actually didn't realise that was the plot. BUt sometimes u don't need to know with German.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭andrew163

That was great :D.... think I did fairly well on it. Wrote the longest letter I've ever written... think I got everything in.

Stupid backenpulver... I thought it meant back rashers at first... then she put it into the cats milk... but that didn't make much sense so made a rough guess at "baking powder"....

What was that bit on the listening about the clown, the 15 year old and the nurse? :confused: I didn't get that at all... I just heard Krankenschwester.... wrote down that he made the nurse disappear.....

He hit the nurse in the arm suddenly.

i dunno ploetzlich was in there and so was krankenschwester. NOt the easiest listening i've heard. But the news was easier than usual.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭<Jonny>

I was so dumb no to pick up on backpulver. Damnit, i said it was cakes or something stupid like that. I knew what it was. Damn. I hate this.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭*marie*

I knew pulver was powder and at first i was like "Back powder?!!" but then it finally dawned on me! For the tape i wrote that he suddenly caught a nurse in his arms or something. And what was that bit about the newspaper and the glass of water?

I can't get over how easy the written part was, definitely the easiest one I've ever seen. And the letter! I mean, one of the questions was do you like hamburgers!And another was like the orals, where would you like to fly to-like Junior Cert german. Even the harder questions in the letter were quite general and easy to get your opinion in.
    Do you think this will mean they'll mark it harder?

Yea, i went into obesity etc. HEalth etc...

For flighing i asked could i go with them. Talked about my fear of flying. Were i'd been.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Shyster wrote:
    lol yeah, apparantly that did happen?! i was delira witht the paper, comprehensions were very understand-able, was it baking powder or flour or what?!
    FINITOOOOOOO!!!

I think it was Anthrax

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

<Jonny> wrote:
    I was so dumb no to pick up on backpulver. Damnit, i said it was cakes or something stupid like that. I knew what it was. Damn. I hate this.

I refered to "ingrediants" the entire way through the comprehension

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭Bright Smile

I thought the comprehensions were lovely but called the baking powder biscuits! and then i couldnt spell biscuits even, ill be surprised if thats legible! Ah...letter and ausserung were both lovely i thought and the grammer could have been way worse.
    Very surprised at the difficulty of 2 q's in the first part of the aural but the rest was very manageable! I feel like im finished but i still have one left!
    *slaps herself in face and mutters "study study study"*

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭*marie*

Yeah, all my friends were finished today and the weather's so nice and....sigh.
    DAMN YOU, ECONOMICS!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 jennifer

Lovely paper...comprehensions were so nice and i'm sure for those who said "ingrediants" instead of baking powder throughout will get the marks as their comprehension of the text would have been as accurate. Was surprised to see disabilities there after the special olymics coming up in the letter last year but it was general enough. Pity EU didn't come up..had loads learnt. Basically bluffed throughout but hoping for my A :D Ich hoffe, dass jeder damit sich freut.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭defiantshrimp

It Wasn't Baking Powder, It turned out to be poision in the end! The feicin cat dropped dead.

I know the baking powder was poison, but why would someone mail someone baking powder?! It makes no sense! Well obviously other than to poison them...

• Advertisement

I know the baking powder was poison, but why would someone mail someone baking powder?! It makes no sense! Well obviously other than to poison them...
    - The so called "baking powder" was mailed to Herbert as he had someone new living with him. If u read the text it said - it was tradition to bake a cake when someone new moved in. This 'Sophie' person was obviously jealous of the new girl living with Herbert.

Advertisement