Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

German Aftermath

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭:Keith:

I'm pretty sure that it said it was old baking powder and that it was out of date as opposed to being poisen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

One of the most wideranging and yet manageable Higher Level papers ever. Most of the topics people thought might come up did appear. That does not always happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭*Roisin*

Oh my god thought it was lovely but my friend has a horror story.

He was only looking to pass the paper today, he's not very good at german, but was just looking to pass so he could get into Uni. But for the listening he answered all the questions....in german! All the english ones. Only realised after. He was just so worked up going in he didn't even think. He doesn't get any marks for that right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭<Jonny>

I think he might get half marks.

On the written paper, if you answer in the wrong language you get half marks. (for the comprehension at least)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Nidge

*Roisin* wrote:
    Oh my god thought it was lovely but my friend has a horror story.

He was only looking to pass the paper today, he's not very good at german, but was just looking to pass so he could get into Uni. But for the listening he answered all the questions....in german! All the english ones. Only realised after. He was just so worked up going in he didn't even think. He doesn't get any marks for that right?

If he got them right in german he will get half marks for each right answer, i answered a page in german cos i forgot and couldn't believe how much of it was meant to be in english, i went back and scribbled out all the german and translated, but yeah unless he did terribly in the rest of the paper half marks should be fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭*Roisin*

Ah that's not so bad then, still poo, but better than we thought. My teacher seemed to think he was getting nothing.

The other posters are right, *Roisin*. If what he wrote was correct, he will receive half marks. In fact he may receive full marks for some answers, i.e. the ones in parts 2 and 3 where you have to pick out examples of the language used and where you have to put down details to support your choice, because German quotations are acceptable for full marks there.
    So, all is not lost! smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭*marie*

Hey Shamrok, just want to say thanks again for all the notes you gave us and for all the help and advice for german you've given us these past few months! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 441 ✭✭colin300

Funniest thing happened this morning. Our exam hall is split in two one group face one way and the other the other way. It came to the examiners giving out the papers and the vast majority dropped to pass apart from about 10 that stayed at honours or maybe less.

What happened only didn't they run out of pass papers. I thought it was pretty funny. Luckily I wasn't the person that had to wait on them to photocopy it. :D

*marie* wrote:
    Hey Shamrok, just want to say thanks again for all the notes you gave us and for all the help and advice for german you've given us these past few months! :)
    No problem. Glad to see most of the topics came up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭Cherry_Pie

Yep! Ur a star!!!!! I used your smoking ban stuff in my letter! Woo hoo! :D

For anyone interested, I have posted the solutions to the H.L. aural here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭Cherry_Pie

OMG!! THANKS! I did really well in that!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭randomfella

Danke schoen!

i got 90% of that. Fingers crossed on the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭*marie*

Yes! Feeling more confident now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭baby*cham*bell

wooo! only got about 4 small things wrong in tha listening!!! yaayyy!!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Got quite a bit of that. Cant believe I got the "What does he do to prepare in the morning" thing - I could of just guessed it lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Nidge

*Roisin* wrote:
    Ah that's not so bad then, still poo, but better than we thought. My teacher seemed to think he was getting nothing.

How could a teacher not know that rule..how reassuring his teacher says "oh well you get nothing for that" sounds like fecking anne robinson.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭Sandals

Shamrok wrote:
    For anyone interested, I have posted the solutions to the H.L. aural here.

yo when are you going to post solutions for the whole paper,i check it twice a day and it still says shortly!

Advertisement