Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish independent exam diary?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭Richard_Fonzie

Students who do honours English and intend to study journalism in DCU or DIT the following October. These are the ones who actually know their modes of language and how to be short and sweet, but concise and relevant.
    Damn, maybe I should think of a different career choice :p.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

heh... to be honest i hadn't thought about him in that much depth.. His attitude just pissed me off and i felt like venting =). I don't really have much experience with private school attitudes vs public schools...

But do continue.. hmm..i've been getting very sarky and mean on boards..i should eat more ice cream...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Beau

upmeath wrote:
    It's a school like no other though, as regards its students and their smugness, I'm sure Beau will agree?
    I don`t know. I don`t think you can generalise a whole school! I only know a few from there and they seem alright like
    upmeath wrote:
    Dunshaughlin have no reason to be snobby

Actually they have this year, they did win the All Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭upmeath

Beau wrote:
    I don`t know. I don`t think you can generalise a whole school! I only know a few from there and they seem alright like
    Okay, we both have different experiences so... I know a lot of spoilt skater brats&punks all of whom have decided to adopt American as the first language of the People's Independent Republic of Dunshaughlin. There's no need to talk like you're on The OC because you wear a Ramones t-shirt and you're from Meath, sorry folks...
    Beau wrote:
    Actually they have this year, they did win the All Ireland.
    Under 16 basketball? Yeah but did Mels, Joeys, Pats or Michaels ever think they were the cream of the crop in society because daddy drove a Merc on country roads or because they happened to be good at football, soccer or hurling?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 the any key

well i haven't read the indo but i don't see why the guy in the times is getting such a hard time he didn't say anything controversial???? :confused: (and no i am not him)

• Advertisement

I haven't read the times guy...But i wasn't complaining about the guy in the indo for being "contraversial". I was complaining cos he's a dick.. there's a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭upmeath

Haha, yeah... in fairness, if you want controversial journalism don't read the exam diary, read Diarmuid Doyle in the Sunday Trib... pope batterings, rte bashings, he's the antichrist, but a great journalist. I admire him. Not so popular with alot of the readers because of his views. Who knows, maybe Mr McG will go on to similar fame and fortune despite his failure to win popularity among his peers at this early stage in his career... I'm actually going to give him a second chance this week! But the first signs of a pompous ignorant git, as many of you claim he has been acting since I gave up reading on day two, will lose the Indo their money forevermore...not even for Sudoku will I buy their paper!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Beau

upmeath wrote:
    Under 16 basketball?

Nah it was Gaelic. They`re in a grouping lower than Pats though.
    upmeath wrote:
    Yeah but did Mels, Joeys, Pats or Michaels ever think they were the cream of the crop in society because daddy drove a Merc on country roads or because they happened to be good at football, soccer or hurling?

hehe! Well here in Pats we certainly don`t think we are the cream of society because we know we are pure boggers/scumbags. However we do think we are pure class at gaelic (3/4 All Ireland in 6 yrs or something), thats why I think the guys screwed it up this year, they thought they`d walk all over everyone.

Note: Was`nt on the gaelic team, im a rugger bugger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Shinny-dee

passive wrote:
    Actually it was tongue in cheek and not something i actually believe.. (although i am tested by girls talking about attractive politicians like they talk about actors)

but, regardless of whether or not i meant what i said, you're an annoying airhead. Do continue your good work making the rest of us look better. and for gods sake you have a whole keyboard.. stop texting it in. And NO. If it was a stupid girl writing the article and she was pretentious and annoying i would most certainly NOT say "i'll put up with her stupid and anger inducing journalism because i find her physically attractive" (or "lol, ill listen 2 her cos shes a ride")

I'll leave it at that... i'm off to go keep women oppressed (i've got 3 of them on a treadmill powering my house)

(edit: and no, there's nothing wrong with saying someones good looking... in moderation. Being Shallow and talking about someone's appearance/image like it's an important or decisive factor in whether or not the person is interesting, worth listening to, a good human being etc is the bull**** that pisses me off and yes, i think girls are guilty of it on a wider scale than guys.)

okay...i think the fact that i read the paper and actually know some stuff like suffragette movement proves im not an airhead. it was actually originally ment as a joke i agree with you the guy is a faggott. also what has the way i type got to do with anything? ( btw im trying to write properly so as not too annoy you further.) im not being shallow i was just commenting the guy is good looking. i actually never judge people on looks which because you dont know me you didnt know and if you are one of those nice people like myself who believs in giving everyone a shot regardless of looks, intelligence etc you wouldn have called me an "annoying airhead" so your edit is EXTREMELY hypocritical. and no lads are way more guilty than girls and i am basing this on personal expierience guys tend to base there opinions of girls on their bodies(i do realise girls do that too)but also on the size of their chest and i think most people c would agree.

bdw: what politicians are hot? ive yet to see one.....oh look at that i know things about politics god i am soo blonde i tried to buy curtains for my computer you know(didnt need em cos of all the tip-x i had on the screen though)

edit:your not exactly "passive" are you?

the agressive is implied =).

anyway "airhead" has nothing whatsoever to do with looks... it means what it says. A head of air... i didn't bring your hair colour into question either. I apologise for being snappy..must be all this leaving certness...

• Advertisement

yes but i think i proved im not an airhead. snappy isnt the word i think rude and misjudger(quite sure thats not a word but you get the general idea) are the words. wait till its over its fun times!
    thinkin of changin my name to empowered woman watcha think!!by the way im actually a brunette the blonde thing was sarcasm(lowest but funniest form of wit)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭randomfella

Shinny-dee wrote:
    guys tend to base there opinions of girls on their bodies(i do realise girls do that too)but also on the size of their chest and i think most people c would agree.

Am i reading into this much or did u just say that only C size tits will do? because i know plenty of serious birds without tits as big as C. Meh maybe its cos i'm more of an ass man, who knows? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭trishemurphy

or maybe she means when you are c it's all a guy sees and thats true

by the way as big as c it's not that big

or maybe she means when you are c it's all a guy sees and thats true
    unfortunately that was a typo but it was the general meaning passive was saying how girls base opinion on looks more than guys and i disagree an i think chest size is the perfect example. thank you trishe point proven and im sure most girls have had a similar expierience!! randomfella in agreement not ALL lads are like that just the majority and thanks gor sharing about the ass thing more of a height thing pour moi!!oh lordy will (the majority of)u guys ever learn!! ;)

tbh i think alot of guys are very shallow i know alot of guys going out with girls that are complete bimbos just because they're goodlooking and sometimes tbh i don't even see what they see they could be rank just with a good figure you know

preaching to the choir. a friend of mine asked a girl to the grad and told her actually said "will you go to my grad your hot and i want someone hot for my pictures" these two hate HATE each other and dont talk.......

need i go on?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Shinny-dee wrote:
    bdw: what politicians are hot? ive yet to see one.....oh look at that i know things about politics god i am soo blonde i tried to buy curtains for my computer you know(didnt need em cos of all the tip-x i had on the screen though)

Politics is simply showbiz for ugly people, as the saying goes.

Stop bickering children, everybody is shallow to some degree - you're all undermining your own arguments with sentimental bilgewater like this: "who believs in giving everyone a shot regardless of looks, intelligence etc". What a load of bull - especially as several sentences earlier you decided to define the guy as a '****' based on an ARTICLE. An ARTICLE. You haven't even met him - yet you're willing to state an opinion on him as a whole. Mmm, 'giving everybody a chance'... honestly, children in Gary Glitter's house get better chances...

no no thats quite sufficient really we could go on about this all night but i'm sure the guys would kick up a fuss(can' handle the truth) btw did she go with she's a complete fool if she did

• Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

a friend of mine asked a girl to the grad and told her actually said "will you go to my grad your hot and i want someone hot for my pictures" these two hate HATE each other and dont talk.......

I could just turn that around by switching the genders and it would be talking about two people I know. It's a two-way street dearie.

• Advertisement

point taken i do realise ive just judged journalist guy(whats his name)on what he's written and gave out to passive for doing the same thing!sincerest apologies to him...seriously whats his name?but i think being a journalist leaves you open to that kind of criticism and if your going to open the can of worms on juding people like him you dont know, your getting into the whole how can we judge celebrities/politicians and other public figures on the perception we get of them from the media...blah blah blah. but yes ok that was very hypocritical-gary glitter?interesting comparison.... :confused:

yes she is going but its a grad wouldnt you??
    and yes im sure girls do it too........im not why wud u think that?? :cool:]
    and yes lads are full of sh!t they will promise you the world if they think they'll get something i.e. sex in return and im nearly positive most girls dont QED

Shinny-dee wrote:
    randomfella in agreement not ALL lads are like that just the majority and thanks gor sharing about the ass thing more of a height thing pour moi!!oh lordy will (the majority of)u guys ever learn!! ;)

NO i couldn't hack somebody with a bad personality that goes without saying for the majority. Personally at my youthful age its still looks/personality is 50/50. YEa 6 2'' myself. Wanna hook up? :rolleyes: Maybe u meant height as in small people u prefer, i dunno!

6 foot would love too
    exactly what i ment cant be with somone shorter than me shallow i dont care it hurts my kneck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    how far out west is out west galway(city/connemara)/mayo(clew bay area) and this could happen??

Yeah there must be some sort of process here. I've got a www.hotornot.com picture. Its a year old at this stage. Tempted 2post but scared of losing anonymity! :o

Yeah there must be some sort of process here. I've got a www.hotornot.com picture. Its a year old at this stage. Tempted 2post but scared of losing anonymity! :o

is this your picture cos its two girls...........emm dont swing that way!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭Richard_Fonzie

df1990-262.gif

Shinny-dee wrote:
    is this your picture cos its two girls...........emm dont swing that way!!!

what? i didn't get that.

df1990-262.gif

say what now?????????

im a girl.........thought that was obvious from the suffragettes crap etc....wen i clicked on d link got 2 girls.....

no!!! the www.hotornot.com website have u never heard of it? THousands of people submit their photos. You rate the person and then another picture comes up. You can specify what gender and age u wana rate. THought everyone knew about this.

Im a fella, hence the name: randomfella!!

• Advertisement

go on link us to your picture what anonymity we'll track you somehow

Advertisement