Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dial up affect your house alarm?

Options
  • 17-06-2005 2:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭

I leave my dial up connection online during the night to download stuff but I was wondering, if my house was broken into and the alarm went off, would the alarm company know since the phone line is jammed by the internet?
    Would my connection be cut off?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭laoisfan

as far as i know (but i could be wrong) the house alarm has the ability to interrupt a call if the alarm goes off and it has to report to the monitors (eircom i presume). remember you isp connection is just a call much the same as you make a voice call, this is a data call, but a call none the less!!

hope this helps.

assuming it is eircom you are with (same with me) their should be something in the documenation for the house alarm about this.
    --laoisfan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭stag39

hi joeyd,

the in-coming phone cable has to go to the alarm first and then to any phone points in order to seize the phone line thereby cancelling any phone calls .. the alarm company would have made sure this was the case, if they followed alarm installation regulations so have no fear the boys in blue will come to check up and if u have an alarm connected smoke detector the fire brigade will come to put out the fire...check with ur alarm company in anycase..

hope u are more clearer..

stag39

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Prezatch

Ok, cheers for the replies

Advertisement