Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 'net connections, how should i use as 1?

Options
  • 17-06-2005 2:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭

Hi,

A mate of mine has a 2 meg BT DSL connection and is getting a 2/3 month trial off Eircom for the craic or some reason

There's 4 computers in total in the house, and i'm wondering how i could do this for him without manually pointing each one at a certain gateway. Can only think of crazidly load balancing with a router i'll 'borrow' from work.

If there's any handy way to use both as 1 it'd be cool

C

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭tomk

I'm assuming here that te two services are on two physically separate lines - if not, you'll only be able to use one at a time.

Load balancing is the general solution - nothing crazy about that. If you can get hold of a box that does it, go ahead. If it was me, I'd be doing something along these lines with a handful of NICs and an old PC.

Advertisement