Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Insurance question

Options
  • 17-06-2005 3:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi,

Quick question regarding renewing insurance....
    About a year ago I was involved in an accident, the other party was 100% to blame so there were no claims made against my policy. I claimed from their policy to have my car fixed.
    Question is, if I get a quote from another insurance company they usually ask have I been involved in any accidents regardless of blame in the last 5 years.
    If I answer yes will it make any difference to the quote?

I have my NCD for the past 4 years from hibernian.

Thanks,
    Neil.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

Thats a good question, I always thought that when they asked you that they meant, "were you the cause of any accidents".

The next time you ring them or that, ask for clarification on the matter, or say no. Do insurance companies really need another excuse. Insurance is a joke. Europeans just laugh at us. We drive low spec expensive cars, with the extra burden of high insurance to contend with, JOKE!!.

Do insurnance companies have a critia for setting prices, i feel that they make it up so that they are covered when it comes to preparing accounts so that they dont make a lost for the year. I dont know....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Well,
    I am not entirely sure. I think my policy asked, 'have you had any claims against you?'
    I was in the same situation 3 years ago. I havn't mentioned on any renewal since, and also I have switched insurance company in the meantime.

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭a_ominous

@prospect, not stalking you honest!

I had a collision about 10 years ago. Was driving down the Naas road at 9pm in heavy snow, probably doing about 40mph. I spun out of control after hitting the brakes as a car was sideways in the overtaking lane. I hit a car on the hard shoulder. There were no injuries, but I did declare the accident on subsequent forms and gave details of the incident as well to cover myself. I think there is a 6 year limit on insurance claims to allow time for medical assessments to be done when someone is injured. I did have to talk to the guy I hit to ask him to tell his insurer to close the case. He didn't actally make a claim AFAIK against me as he had been in an accident himself just minutes before.
    There were 20-30 accidents in as many minutes that night and saw Albert Reynolds being given a lift along the way later as his car had spun off too. Garda driver I presume, not Albert himself.

Advertisement