Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Foreign Resident Drivers

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭camarobill

IDMUD wrote:
    My residence yes, but what about my car? I might have brought it in a few days ago.

And you have to be a citizen of the country the vehicle is registered in, so for example I couldn't take out a polish insurance on my car just because they might have the cheapest rates.
    the point is buls..t,if ur in ireland u have no f..king right to screw the system,dont give a f..k where ur from.theres no one comeing over here from eastern europe,for a f..k..g holiday.its gone to the stage that ever second car u c has eastern europen plates.i can tell u i know of plenty of cars here for more than three years still on lt plates.pay ur jews or f..koff back to ur own country and rob that :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Is there a number to ring to shop these chaps to the revenue?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Ratchet

camarobill wrote:
    the point is buls..t,if ur in ireland u have no f..king right to screw the system,dont give a f..k where ur from.theres no one comeing over here from eastern europe,for a f..k..g holiday.its gone to the stage that ever second car u c has eastern europen plates.i can tell u i know of plenty of cars here for more than three years still on lt plates.pay ur jews or f..koff back to ur own country and rob that :D

i love this arguments and Muppets like you.

Get this to your little brains

Customs cant really get them for VRT as most of these guys owned cars more then 6 months(in own country) before they came here which means they are technically VRT exempt.

Hear me?

So just cut the crap with this one year driving limit as doesn’t really exist and the only thing garda/customs could possibly do is get them to re register the car(Irish plates) but they will have to prove that driver has permanent residency in the state, which will hardly happen

so there is hardly any system controlling this , so how they can scum it?

But I would argue everybody should pay road tax which should be build in to petrol price.

Ratchet wrote:
    i love this arguments and Muppets like you.

Get this to your little brains

Customs cant really get them for VRT as most of these guys owned cars more then 6 months(in own country) before they came here which means they are technically VRT exempt.

Hear me?

So just cut the crap with this one year driving limit as doesn’t really exist and the only thing garda/customs could possibly do is get them to re register the car(Irish plates) but they will have to prove that driver has permanent residency in the state, which will hardly happen

so there is hardly any system controlling this , so how they can scum it?

But I would argue everybody should pay road tax which should be build in to petrol price.
    ur the muppet :D muppet,u where doing well till u contradicted urself at the end of ur half ash statment :p i love dogooders like u,the cars in the police station where robbed cars from eastern europe,never mind no tax or insurance,regardless of the law,its wrong.

camarobill wrote:
    ur the muppet :D muppet,u where doing well till u contradicted urself at the end of ur half ash statment :p i love dogooders like u,the cars in the police station where robbed cars from eastern europe,never mind no tax or insurance,regardless of the law,its wrong.

keep taking pink tablets. not talking about some robbed cars and don't really care if they are stolen.

VRT and road tax are two separate issues. so don't count VRT money which can't be collected. Just saying that you can't do most of this guys for VRT thx to the system and don't think you can do them for no road tax as they do not have Irish plate.

sorry but i just can't see this happening as hardly we control our domestic situation with our own Irish plated cars driven by local cool dudes in funny hats.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭IDMUD

MojoMaker wrote:
    Just to clarify Ernie, transient EU workers are entitled to keep their private transport on original out-of-country plates for up to one year while living here, and thus are not required to pay VRT. You are require to have valid insurance cover, which IDMUD appears to have.

So give the guy a break, assuming he's within his first year he's doing nothing wrong.

Quoted for fact, get it in your heads you racist ****s.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Ernie Ball

IDMUD wrote:

Uh, where do you see any racism in what I said?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭Besprechen

dont go down the racist route now folks, lets keep it civil! out of interest IDMUD how long have you worked/payed income tax in Ireland?

IDMUD wrote:
    the usual b...s..t racist card,thats whats wrong here say any f..king thing about foreign people and ur a racist.nobody here is a racist :o pack that crap in :mad:

IDMUD wrote:

oh come on, this foreign resident phenomenon is genuine concern of some people and some of them may be bit resistant to the extra knowledge but
    dispute the fact that you have some valid points you f3ck3d it up with your stupid

racist crap

maybe you should say

because I is from Sweedennnnn? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

I don't think he was calling you racist. He was quoting you in support of his position.

I think he was calling the master speller racist.

MrP

MrPudding wrote:
    I don't think he was calling you racist. He was quoting you in support of his position.

I think he was calling the master speller racist.

MrP

i know that, but in any occasion there is no need for it , even the real racists love it when they are called by the name :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Just to add some flavour to the discussion:

For me it actually worked out a lot cheaper to register my Camper in IRL.

Back in Germany, due to the tax being based on emissions, my old Diesel cost me nearly 1000 Euros in road tax and another 300 insurance. Insurance is the same here ...road tax is 79 Euro :D

Lots of these old Eastern Eu reg cars would also be better of registered here (they have a similar tax system in most of these countries)...if the driver isn't in his early twenties any more.

And if you owned the car for a while VRT really isn't the issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Subject matter played out, thread locked.

camarobill, IDMUD on a warning. Any more bad tempered posts and you're out of here.

Mike.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement