Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Blueface have expanded Irish Geographic Numbers

• 17-06-2005 5:04pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭

The new supported ranges are:
    021 Cork
    026 Macroom
    041 Ardee
    061 Limerick
    071 Sligo
    090 Roscommon

Obviously this is good news for people in these area's, I'm in Waterford so I'm happy already as I'm covered. :)

Also according to their site they'll be adding the following in July 05:
    040 Arklow
    043 Longford
    045 Kildare
    0506 Tullamore
    053 Wexford
    065 Ennis
    074 Donegal
    094 Castlebar
    098 Westport

Nice to see so many places being covered, I'm sure even more people will now make the move to a VoIP service.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 839 ✭✭✭zap

Arklow is actually 0402 - if I am a resident of Arklow but live in dub mon-fri for college can i take ana rklow num or do i have to take 01?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

I would imagine you could take either. Mail Aaron to find out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 389 ✭✭Ba_barbaraAnne

Blueface certainly seem to be on the ball! I rang them at the end of May to ask them when they would have 098 numbers as we are getting broadband in the area this summer and want VOiP. They were very helpful and said that they would see about getting our code added to their list as soon as possible - and they've done it even before we've got connection - well done Blueface!

They are offering UK numbers now. Details on webiste.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭themessiah

Guys excuse my ignorance or stupity but it says on blue face - no line rental never pay line rental again - broadband phone . Which is great and should save a fortune , how do you get broadband without having an Eircom Line?????

Does that mean I have to move to Irish Broadband or Ripwave or what you call it.

Thanks

• Advertisement

IBB, NTL. You don't need an active phone line for DSL Eircom just enforce it. BTIreland give data only lines to some business customers, they don' pay line rental on them either.

NTL & Blueface is a winner. Far better than €ircon.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

paulm17781 wrote:
    They are offering UK numbers now. Details on webiste.

My first thoughts when I saw 056 were "wtf thats the area code for Kilkenny" but now I see its the UK's answer to 076, I really got to pay attention in future :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭causal

LOL, and I bet there's gonna be a lot of pissed off people in KillKenny getting wrong numbers as Irish people dial English 056 numbers (sans 00-44) :D

causal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭Sandals

Is it possible to keep your own 051 number when i switch from eircom to blueface??
    (sorry if this is irelevant to this thread)

Yes, mail Blueface for more details.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Sandals wrote:
    Is it possible to keep your own 051 number when i switch from eircom to blueface??
    (sorry if this is irelevant to this thread)

Yep
    http://www.blueface.ie/support/faq.aspx#numberporting
    The site has a timeframe and all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 839 ✭✭✭zap

it is possible to keep your num but if you need that num to get dsl then it's not.

Advertisement