Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should i be paying bank charges

Options
  • 17-06-2005 5:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,030 ✭✭✭✭

Just a quick question, as far as i am aware AIB should not be charging me fees.

Basically they have only started charging me quarterly fees the past 6 months or so, once i noticed it i rang 24hr banking who told me to ring my branch, i did and they said they would get back to me, 2 weeks later and nada

Anyway i was in UCD for 4 years and Smurfit for 1, then i took my place in a big 4 accounting practice where i have an ACA training contract for three years (im half way thro)

To the best of my knowledge i am still classed as a student and therefore should not pay bank fees, am i correct?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,558 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

My branch (and maybe all of them) went through their accounts about 18 months ago and 'upgraded' the student accounts of those who had graduated to graduate accounts (how they knew who had finished I don't know). Rather slyly they didn't tell me and I couldn't get money from the ATM (old a/c was Cashsave, new was current). The graduate a/cs have 18 months free banking which recently ran out! Got charged my first fees the other day. I suspect this is what happened to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭0utshined

AFAIK, once you've graduated and are working full time you're no longer classed as a student even though you may still be studying for a further qualification. Like Padraig says you would have been classed as a graduate for 18 months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

just open an account with permanent tsb they donot charge any fees if you loadge money on a regular basis. i have an account there and donot pay fees.:D

Advertisement