Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

leaving cert papers!!!!!

Options
  • 17-06-2005 6:04pm

the leaving cert business honour papers was leaked before the exam in my school!four girls in my class who i hate somehow got their hands on it!should i squeal on them?

Comments

If you're 100% sure that it's true, then yes. I would anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭*Angel*

How did you find out? If they were bragging about it, that's just plain stupid!

yeah i borrowed one of their business papers!as i looked at papers a loose one fell out!i picked it up and saw abq question!she snapped papers out of my hands when she seen what she was looking at!it was exact same abq question as in the test i did on wednesday morning!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭stevoxbx

Is it really worth the hassel though? If you really hate them i suppose it cud be

but what if she took your place in college because she got a1 in business?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭newgrange

It's too late now. It would be your word against theirs.

However, I'm sure the SEC would be interested in how such a thing could have happened. Papers are held in Garda stations beforehand, and in sealed packages inside locked metal boxes in the school. If they got the papers before the exam, someone somewhere is covering up for them, or worse still (from the SEC's point of view) someone along the trusted chain (drafters, setters, printers, proofers etc.) has broken the trust. That would be a really big deal to the SEC.

*********Edit*********
    I just re-read things. You mean you saw ONE question and on the strength of that thought they had the whole paper, or you saw that they had a complete paper?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

Even if it was the same question, anything untoward would be almost impossible to prove.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Groovychick

Go on tell on them!!!! it serves them right! Just wondering, would their whole leaving cert be void if they were caught though? They will probably hate you for the rest of their lives if it is, are you sure you want that on your conscience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭jacksie

they beat the system! praise them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 rose**

tell on them if they got a1s its darn right not fair on the rest of us

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Go on tell on them!!!! it serves them right! Just wondering, would their whole leaving cert be void if they were caught though? They will probably hate you for the rest of their lives if it is, are you sure you want that on your conscience.
    caught cheating in your leaving cert is drastic, your exams are void and you cannot sit another state exam. That means you can't get a full drivers license.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Nidge

Cremo wrote:
    caught cheating in your leaving cert is drastic, your exams are void and you cannot sit another state exam. That means you can get a full drivers license.

surely you mean can't?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Nidge wrote:
    surely you mean can't?
    hey english was over nearly two weeks ago :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Don't tell on them, ok so they might get an A1 where it wasn't deserved, but it isn't worth ruining their lives over it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Stevek101

Basically if these two yokes make me have to resit this exam and because of you telling. I won't be happy. In fact its probably too late now.

Why did you post this on the internet?! Seriously It was an easy paper.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Bah, how in the name of god could they have? If you where reading there paper - was it AFTER the exam? Cause.. in our school your allowed take home a copy of the exam at the end.. So how do you know its just not a copy she got?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Stevek101

Sully04 wrote:
    Bah, how in the name of god could they have? If you where reading there paper - was it AFTER the exam? Cause.. in our school your allowed take home a copy of the exam at the end.. So how do you know its just not a copy she got?

After seeing your post and thinking it was a bit silly I reread it all... She had the supposed ABQ after the test just like everyone else...

Ugh people can be so stupid and paranoid can't they? The_Dazzler get over it and move on to something more important in life. If you done bad and want to avenge it on these poors girls don't.

Go buy an ice cream

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

But why would she ask to look at the papers after the exam...i think she means she read the abq before the test......surely she's not stupid enough to read it afterwards think it was leaked...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

lots of people asked for the spare copies of the exams once the time was up in my centre since you have to handup the whole paper in business and they wanted to go through it with their friends,probly what happened here if im reading it right....

paranoia mayhaps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭randomfella

One word springs to mind - Blackmail

But i doubt they had the actual ABQ

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Gileadi wrote:
    lots of people asked for the spare copies of the exams once the time was up in my centre since you have to handup the whole paper in business and they wanted to go through it with their friends,probly what happened here if im reading it right....

paranoia mayhaps

Exactly.

What would you want - to rat this person out and get her in such serious problems? Failing the whole leaving cert just for the sake of a few points? Not only will she hate ya, but others will to. Its just low, I really think you should get over it. And I do believe its false alligations.

She got a spare from the examiner at the end, and read it outside.

You presumed she had it before the exam starts which I highly doubt as its in the Cops station, locked. If you got a friend in the cop station to open the case, u will realise its sealed. If its opened and the examiner gets it - its been leaked, exam possibly cancelled.

If she arrived in school that morning, the examiner isnt allowed open it untill a few moments before the exam starts. Examiner opens the locked box, gets the sealed scripts, requests it to be signed by 2 witnesses confirming its sealed and then gets them ready to hand out. If its the case when they were opened she got a hold of it - then those 2/3 mins wont do much. Iv never heard anyone learn a LOT in the space of a few moments. Even if she did somehow get it and managed to learn something in the 2/3 moments its not going to have a huge influence on the exam - its a bit late like? And others will see it..

So ya, your theroy is out :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

One word springs to mind - Blackmail

But i doubt they had the actual ABQ

I like his style :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭Richard_Fonzie

Yes, blackmail the pants off of them.

Advertisement