Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wysiwyg .php editor?

Options
  • 17-06-2005 6:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭

Im trying to set up oscommerce as many of you know. Id love to get a hold of some kind of wysiwyg php editor. Cause if im editing it in notepad i keep deleting a ' or a > and thats it knackered then and i have to restore. Id love to be able to open up the page with all the images , something similar to frontpage format or something. where i can edit the text and images then save and FTP up to replace the original file..
    Anyone know if this is possible??

gar

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭FreeHost

Dreamweaver is an excellent editor for all code.

If your looking for an open source one, you could use NVU, you can download it for a Windows or Linux OS.

However, the php files in OS Commerce will not open up with text and images similar to a html page, what you will see is pieces of code calling the text from the database and the images from a central folder.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I don't know. It might be possible to get a IDE, which will debug as you go along, pointing out any errors in your code. The problem is in the code execution - it would have to keep "refreshing" the preview pane to re-execute the PHP code.

TBH, your best bet is to create a testing server on your own machine that mirrors the setup on your webserver. Then you test and verify all your code before uploading it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

^^ What he said ^^

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭leftofcentre

Check out: http://www.blumentals.net/rapidphp/

I use the html version and its amazing. Support ftp, page preview and a billion other things.

Try the free trial, and see what you think. I use this and dreamweaver.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭talos

you can try phpeclipse . Not wysiwyg, but has a preview.

• Advertisement
Advertisement