Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PLEASE explain....

Options
  • 17-06-2005 6:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/chi-0506170074jun17,1,2571964.story?coll=chi-newsnationworld-hed

"Iranian vote undemocratic"

How on Earth can America, the country whose president wasnt elected DEMOCRATICALLY call another countries vote undemocratic.
    I am sick of hearing American political figures slander other countries election processes or election results--SORT OUT YOUR OWN FIRST.

It may be the country within whcih democracy took shape(France in as a close second, or maybe even the magna carta can be considered as the base for democracy in England) but it is complete hypocrasy that any American who apporves of Bush in power, especially Bush himself, can talk about other Elections in far off countries.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

record, change, please :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Yeah man, get off the stage! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

you already understand why and going on about it in a forum where everybody already knows why too is rather trite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭Quantum

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/chi-0506170074jun17,1,2571964.story?coll=chi-newsnationworld-hed

"Iranian vote undemocratic"

How on Earth can America, the country whose president wasnt elected DEMOCRATICALLY call another countries vote undemocratic.
    Clue.

Because Iran is not a democracy.

QED.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Irishstabber

Ohhh look someone can be sarcastic. Very Good. Now can you touch your nose? Thats great.

Besides that wasnt the question. How can they call anyone undemocratic was the question. It dont matter if the country is undemocratic its still hypocrasy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭KnowItAll

I am sick of hearing American political figures slander other countries election processes or election results--SORT OUT YOUR OWN FIRST.
    Please, don't compare America with Iran. If you had a choice, where would you live America or Iran?

Im not comparing..I know Iran's 'republic' is bs but I dont think America has the right to condemn it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Simply for amusement:
    article wrote:
    In a statement distributed by the White House, Bush said, "Today, Iran is ruled by men who suppress liberty at home and spread terror across the world. Power is in the hands of an unelected few who have retained power through an electoral process that ignores the basic requirements of democracy."
    elcitra wrote:
    In a statement distributed by the Black House, Shrub said, "Today, America is ruled by men who suppress liberty at home and spread terror across the world. Power is in the hands of an unelected few who have retained power through an electoral process that ignores the basic requirements of democracy."

I guess the bit about "unelected few" is technically incorrect, but it satisfies me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭Quantum

Ohhh look someone can be sarcastic. Very Good. Now can you touch your nose? Thats great.

Besides that wasnt the question. How can they call anyone undemocratic was the question. It dont matter if the country is undemocratic its still hypocrasy.
    No it isn't - it's accurate.

The US is a million times more democratic. The fact that it is also flawed, in ways that I also don't like, makes no difference.

Thats good to hear. Off course its more democrat, I just think its extremely ironic that Bush be saying something like that...over and over again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

The thing that makes me laugh is that just because America is a democracy everywhere else has to be. Isnt that in itself undemocratic.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Thread is as Talking Heads would say on the road to nowhere.

Closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement