Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

can any one help with huge prob???

• 17-06-2005 7:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭

i recently bought a asus ati radeon 9200se 128 graphics card and was working fine.
    for soem reason i had to re install it, cant remember why but anyway..after that i accidently uninstalled the primary onboard graphics display driver.

when i rebooted. it boots up windows but when it gets to the desktop the screen goes blank(can hear sounds) .

i have tried basically everthing i can think of. I took out the graphics card, when i have monitor plugged into either of them it still does not work. same problem.

i cant boot into safe mode either. the screen freezes while its loading the drivers. same safe mode with command prompt

last known configuration does not work either. desktop is still blank.

i have a windows xp installation cd. and even when i try to boot that to reinstall windows it does not work.

is there any way of making a boot cd to re-set up windows?

or has anyone got any ideas on this. cause im driven cracked trying to figure it out..

thanks if ya help.....r even go to the bother of reading all of that

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 327 ✭✭Bebop

" i have a windows xp installation cd. and even when i try to boot that to reinstall windows it does not work"

what happens when you try to boot from the CD?
    from the sound of it you have lost your display driver, this should only be a problem when Windows loads its drivers at the end of the boot sequence, up to that it uses a basic VGA driver

you should be able to boot from the XP CD and reinstall or repair the OS,
    the basic default VGA driver used during boot up and installation is compatable with most Video cards, check your BIOS settings to make sure you can boot from a CD first, I would also go with the default BIOS values in case you have altered the display settings
    If none of the above works take the video card out and replace it with an older or known good card, fix windows and try again.

Advertisement