Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Bravery

• 17-06-2005 8:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone hear these guys yet?

The Bravery

They're supporting U2 on the Monday in Croker. Am actually quite enjoying their album.. sort of an more electronic version of The Killers... i'm probably losing you all at this stage! :D

Anyways, i recommend it!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

"sometimes.........."

Yeah they're pretty gud methinks! Dunno now whether to go to U2 as they are supporting them (as are Ash) or sell the tickets to my bro. hmmmm... Did already promise the tickets to my bro..but... hmmm..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 361 ✭✭Redegg

its all beginning to sound the same to me. the killers got there before them so nobody really cares about them. they are manufactured right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

ho ho...the killers got there before them

hahaa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

They seem more concerned with their haircuts than their music. Give it two years and they'll be as relevant as S.M.A.S.H.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭Strokesa

Redegg wrote:
    its all beginning to sound the same to me. the killers got there before them so nobody really cares about them. they are manufactured right?

They deny that they are but.....yeah im pretty sure theyre manufactured, they have to be!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭skregs

i like Honest Mistake. very catchy song

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭dross

what the ****.

jesus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

bazH wrote:

hahaa
    Yeah. Got "where" exactly? The Bravery are alright - couple of catchy tunes, but they aren't exactly going to be the next Zepplin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭11811

album is only so-so,few catchy numbers on it alright!!Singer thinks hes Morrissey tho!

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭skregs

bazH wrote:

and the 80's got there before them

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭eskimo

In the grand scheme of things, every new band that has an ounce of credibility will just keep us listening to music, period. Basically, it doesn't matter how good or bad you think they are. They'll come, release an album or two, entertain the public, and then disappear. Just like the Killers, Franz, Kaisers, Bloc Party... all these new indies are serving the same purpose.

Personally, re: the Bravery, I like listening to them, but they're nothing new.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Didnt someone say that the are 'The poor mans Killers'... well they are okay, nothing much to add, im stuck on 'Six Parts Seven'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

theyre an image, not a band. and not a particulalrly good image at that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Mr Rivers

From popbitch.com
    >> Bravery via Bribery <<
    Danger: product contains manufactured pop

The Bravery are the latest New York music press
    darling but in the industry in the States
    they are regarded somewhat differently.
    They're known to all as "The Bribery", as the
    band was as manufactured as N Sync, put
    together by Polydor on the back of the
    success of The Killers.

(As we've reported before Sam, the singer, was
    a blond dreadlocked Ska performer, until the
    stylist sorted him out with a quiff and
    rock star clothes.)

I still like them tho! Catchy Album, wont be around long tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭Strokesa

I heard that they're coming to ireland on nov. 25th. But im not sure if its true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

they are so very very mundane.

Mundane mundanery you might say...

...but you would be risking getting strange looks off people who wonder if you're about to unload a round or two from the 9mm semi automatic that you are stroking so feverishly, all the while wondering if you should have eaten one more prune this morning and it all would be ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

The Wankery

Advertisement