Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Qualification

Options
  • 17-06-2005 9:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭

I'm just wondering what the deal is with your qualification. Do your results get averaged and from this average they award you a merit, distinction or pass? What percentage do you need to be awarded what? Is it really important while looking for a job whether you've a distinction or a merit or whatever? Do employers look at these things?

I've tried looking with google but not much information

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

You get a 2.2, 2.1, or a first..... and yes, your results are averaged.

John

• Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Nukem

Have to specify results in interview if asked but not in CV(pass/honours but not 1.1/1.2..etc...only if asked specifically)and if you have 6 months experience they wont ask i have been told by many an employer. Experience is worth its weight in gold.Have two friends just finshed exams in their Degrees and both had full time contracts before their results due to good work expeince in the past.

Nukem

Advertisement