Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mailing List

• 17-06-2005 11:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,817 ✭✭✭✭

I'm going to try and arrange a small mailing list.

I know there are only a few of the GalwayLAN attendees who actually read this board or check room101.org regularly, but I'm fairly sure most people who sign-up chek their email fairly regularly.

Providing I get it setup with automated subscription/unsubscription and access control, everyone will be told how to get on it.
    Any planned LAN events will be first announced through the mailing list, before the event is posted on room101 for sign-up.
    That way ye all know when it's starting and it's up to ye to sign up.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

Cool man though don't use the room101 mailing list thing that site is b0rked :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,817 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Yeah, hence why I want to create our own.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭Robert

Sounds Good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

grand, where will we enter our emails? Will this be at the next lan, on galwaylan site, combination, or other?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

shneeeep

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

emails can be entered on the sign in sheets and also through registration via other mediums.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Gangsta

Sounds like a good idea. Keep us posted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

i support this idea, post count ++

I'd just like to register my support for this idea.

I have email addresses for the following (taken from www.room101.org), post here or pm myself if you want to update ur email address. Email addresses will not be used often; only for galwaylan pre signup (email comes out to you 1 day before the signup begins on www.room101.org) and a post email; details & post mortom on the lan.
    Also if you want to be added to the mailing list let me know.

jd69
    ARGINITE
    Azza
    Duo
    Timeout
    RuFFty
    ED
    CombatCow
    cloudminer
    gangsta
    chroNix
    Goku
    Asok
    DarcShadoe
    RazielDoomgate
    Burner
    Caliden
    Quetzal
    Doodee
    eldiablo
    emac
    excentric
    Pretor
    Felix
    gftheripper
    jah
    Marclar
    Zekiel
    leeroybrown
    Hawkes
    s0l
    ebon
    Paddy
    mikill
    mistakill
    Captain Fantastic
    myutwo33
    $yc0
    Apocalypse
    nosmo
    >>IR>
    PPC
    pyrogenx
    Radix
    Neuro
    robbo
    Falcon
    Sniipe
    Cina
    BFB Ev!L Av@TaR!!
    Syxpak
    tadhg
    the_bullman
    Toxick
    DocToc
    Blue-Wing
    Anima!
    SiN
    Revo (No email)

of these the following have the same email addys:
    DarcShadoe
    RazielDoomgate
    Captain Fantastic
    myutwo33

• Advertisement

Rory, http://www.google.ie/search?q=free+mailing+list

I'll take a look at them this evening, try and see if they're any good or just spam vehicles.

A friend of mine may be able to sort us out.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Done, please don't post ur email addys here, PM me. That way u won't get spam from someone else lurking in the dark. Syxpak, I have time now, I'll look at that mailer proggy u've got going now.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

thanks,i think i can handle the mysterious spammer in the mist ;)

LMAO, looks like u've been foiled
    <quote> Last edited by SyxPak : Today at 13:00. </quote>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭ARGINITE

What abuse of mod powers:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

I am shocked and appalled that I'm not on that list. I mean, I've only ever missed 2 Galway lans, and for both of them I've been out of the country. VETERAN OVER HERE MATES.

Sniipe wrote:
    LMAO, looks like u've been foiled
    <quote> Last edited by SyxPak : Today at 13:00. </quote>
    heh that evil abusive genius....how will i advertise for a date on here without my addy in plain view?fobia,do me the honours?

fobia,do me the honours?

Certainly.

*Removes pants*

I mean...what?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I've just shifted all my lists over to an updated Mailman installation, you're welcome to use that if you wish.

Now, how the hell did I get here, and how do I get out?

adam

• Advertisement

I'll fire you a PM later, twould be very low traffic, one-way.

hehe, soz drake; I just grabbed from the last attended list. PM me ur details, I'll add them to the sheet.

Sniipe wrote:
    grand, where will we enter our emails? Will this be at the next lan, on galwaylan site, combination, or other?

I'm away in Dublin till wed evening, but I might well have some serious headway made on the galwaylan.net website by then.
    Testing Drupal on my own website, just need to clear up some issues regarding PHP and the vhosts config.

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

I am shocked and appalled that I'm not on that list.

Same here, although I have only been to around three LANS total... Damn work.
    I'll throw one of ye my email in mIRC.

Thumbs up lads.

Drake and RopeDrink, throw me the emails in a PM.

Drake and RopeDrink, throw me the emails in a PM. I have difficulty with IRC at work in MS

vti_sin@hotmail.com
    and
    darc_art_of_the_shadoe@hotmail.com

if u guys want to throw me ur proper email address then that would be dandy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Darc Shadoe

for the previos galway lan, i created accounts for mu friends in dublin to sign them on, basically coz they are too stupid and lazy... mostly the later.
    hence 3 accounts have my e-mail address. me, RazielDoomgate and DemoMan
    sadly, demo man is an alcoholic now so he wont be joining us on further ventures till he can stay moderatly sober ;D
    i dont know raziels e-mail to pm you it, he's having trouble with boards or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Evd-Burner

Whats the crack darren,u created mine while i didnt have the internet but i soon changed the password and email so its all good now....

Barry has gotten worse now he does worse **** then just drink.....

Hes doomed,and his ma just lets him btw...

• Advertisement
Advertisement