Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia 6230 or 6230i

Options
  • 18-06-2005 12:28am
    Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,312 ✭✭✭✭

I'm just about to change my phone and I reckon I'm going to go with the 6230. Are there any good reasons why I should shell out the extra cash for a 6230i? I know the camera quality is better, but I'm not overly pushed about having a camera on my phone in the first place and I have an mp3 player so I don't need the extra capacity on the 6230i.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

better screen too apparently. better this and better that. google both and do a comparison.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 gireland

absolutly no argument... the 6230i!!! why would you select a defunked model ala the 6230!!!

same size phone, just amazingly better everything. screen, d-pad, it does 3D games.
    Don't even consider the 6230, the 6230i is the only choice!!!

or in other words... what he said. Might go in to look at one tomorrow.. it's high time I left vodafone for greener pastures

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭deckie27

Well I've had 6230 since last september vodafone and a 1gig memory card ( don't mind the recommended sizes)
    Looking at upgrading to 6230i next month probally with meteor just testing reception at de mo where i work and live. The handset is mucho better if it doesn't crash every second day like is little sister
    My thoughts at that all networks have there weaker spots but it reallly only matters if u spend a lot of time in the weak spotess

Dec

Edit *Grammer*

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭geecee

I have been waiting for o2 to bring out the 6230i for the last 1.5 months... each time I ask in the stores i'm told that it will be out "in the next 7-10" days...

I called customer care to ask them on Friday and they said that they hadn't even started testing the 6230i so it will be several Months! before it is released on their network!

It will probably have been superceeded by then!
    I have to say I'm pretty unimpressed with the current o2 range... What good is it waiting 2 years for an upgrade only to find that the upgrades offered are complete sh1te...

How useless are o2?

• Advertisement

Id say at least if not more useless than vodafone

• Registered Users Posts: 45,964 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

none of the networks are great for phones. Meteor will not be doin the k750i at all (or so they have told me) and o2 will not have it for a few months (said thy have only started testing). damn their hides

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Thumper Long

i have used both and am currently on the 6230i, even just the multifunction button alone is worth the extra never mind the new menu etc, its a far nicer phone to use even though they look fairly identical

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,312 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

In the end the decision was out of my hands. I was switching from Vodafone to O2, and as geecee already pointed out, O2 don't do the 6230i. Thanks all the same for your input everyone.

the 6230 is a lovely phone too.. a guy in work got one cos he busted his last phone and I was surprised how nice a phone it actually is. main thing that struck me is that the menus are incredibly fast.

• Advertisement
Advertisement