Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shadow Skill

Options
  • 18-06-2005 12:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

Someone recommended shadow skill to dbz fans and I feel I must warn the world that it is the worst manga I have ever seen! There is no story; it starts off with a scene that feels like it should lead back to at the end but it never does, then there's an intro and two almost completely seperate stories involving the characters. I am also still unsure why many characters refer to Ella herself as shadow skill when it's merely the martial art she uses

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Raziel

Yeah, I think the trailer on the Manga DVDs makes out that it's really acclaimed. I don't go in for fighting anime stuff, not interested, seems a bit too childish! Although it could be argued that the subject matter of a lot of anime stuff is pretty juvenile, of course!! :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

ah, it's alrigiht..

it's alot better than dbz anyway, that's not too difficult but it should be noted.

I think there's a series as well as that dvd movie that manga released, which would probably explain the lack of.. well.. story in the Ova, if there is a series then that was prob developed there leaving plenty of room for violence, strange magic and ... violence.

It's a very, very, very VERY mindless anime.. but it's fun, and amusing and like I said.. better than dbz.

*powers up*

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Why on earth are there so many dbz fans here?

I must resolve this mystery soon, along with my ongoing investigation into the whereabouts of Carmen Sandiago.

Mordeth: I don't know about more entertaing than DBZ, we flicked through a "DBZ:GT" movie at an eirtakumeet a few months back and I have never watched anything so ridiculously terrible.
    I assure you, had I been drinking milk, my nostrils would have been buttered.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

dunno why i love dbz i really shouldnt but i just do,so damn much!
    ah *hugs brolly*

oh yeah, dbz is entertaining. I wouldn't argue with that.. but it's still ****e :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

but he is more powerful than anything you have ever seen lol what will happen next gasp!
    sure i know thats bollox i still just love it,quite entertaining and was the first anime i watched

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

I used to be on the whole against-Dragon Ball Z bandwagon, judging it by its terrible English dub on the telly and the whole general opposition towards it.

However, I recently started watching the series in its Japanese uncut form, and I have to say that it's much much better than what I had it thought out to be.

Granted, the animation is really showing its age and the sound is a little crusty, but so far the story is keeping me on the edge of my seat. It's better than passable.

the edge of your seat?

25 minutes of power ups, threats and bull****, 4 minutes of bull****ing about what the bad guys plan might be, 20 seconds of fighting and then a 30 seecond voiceover about "whats coming in the next episode"

if the entire series was condensed to maybe 1/15th it's size, it'd be pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Ah yeah, it's a fighting anime.

What do you expect?

I haven't seen the entire series, so yeah, it probably gets repetitive. I'm not expecting the deepest anime ever, but honestly, I'm surprised so far.

20 second fights lol,they last a tad longer ;)
    but man did powering up take a while!
    'i'm more powerful than anything you can imagine'
    now watch as power up for 4 nay 10 episodes :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement