Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I cant get over her

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭AllMessedUp

yeah its tough, its bin a month for me now. We did everything together. NOw its gone, after 4 years all gone. Just havta face each day as it comes, time is a healer its true!!!!!! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭In_the_sea

Yes heartbroken, I agree there fair dues to ya! Its a difficult thing to cope with but it deserves a medal when u have a positive attitude about it! I think if you are prone to optimism you always will be. you were feeling low, and angry in yourself that's why you were so upset. Its natural, it's part of mixed up feelings. You can be quiet confused and think fuzzily when you are upset but you gotta stop and take time out for a while and think on the road to success. Remember that positive thinking does improve health and quality of life! I have noticed that when rejection and troubled breakups take place in my life my whole world turns upside down and I feel like the way you do and I start gettin ill, sick, colds etc. You really, to survive and keep up with world, keep positive otherwise the world is flying past you and no1 gives a f*ck.!! keep up the faith :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,280 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Any relationship expert will tell you that you should love your partner more than you need them. Being dependent on each other isn't healthy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭Alpha505

Avy wrote:
    Alpha 505, it takes HALF the time of the relationship. My god man, you'd have people taking drastic measures nationwide if it was double the time of the relationship. And at that, half is far too long.

I think it VERY much depends on the person, each case is different.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I know it depends on each person Alpha 505; it took me longer than half to get over my ex, but it was you that said it took twice as long and that can be a very scary statement for most who are trying to leave their love behind. No? The fact that there are so many posts to this thread suggests that there is no 'rule' to it at all, I was merely reiterating common 'knowledge' on the situation.

And Sleepy, how exactly can you love someone and not 'need' them? Im not saying throw your life out the window and fall graciously at their feet, but surely the reason it takes so long to get over people, is because you 'needed' them. If it was just a matter of the love ending, which happens in many cases, mine included, then wouldn't the whole process be over? You do become dependent on someone when youre with them. Dependent on their love, their opinion, their presence. Am I the only one who thinks this?

I do agree that there is an unhealthy dependence level that you can get to, but surely some has to exist, because if not, do you truely give yourself to that person. I for one, would not want to be with someone who was so independent that they were able to leave after X years without a worry.

I take that statement back, I didnt mean that for all it took twice as long, but for some it can. For some even longer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Farls

I'd have to agree with Avy here on the needing/love someone part. I think that the two go hand in hand. I recently broke up with g/f so i dunno about the "how long it takes to get over them" bit, I was with her for almost 4 years and I can see it taking a right while, if ever. It all depends on the person really, I would like to be able to move on but I don't want too at the same time. Strange feeling.

But I think that needing and loving is part of a relationship, if it wasn't then I don't really see the point, I mean if you love someone then your going to need them to be there to love you back for the relationship to work etc.

Farlz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭Dizzyblabla

Alpha505 wrote:
    I take that statement back, I didnt mean that for all it took twice as long, but for some it can. For some even longer.

That would mean I have almost another whole year to get over my ex... oh, no, wait... I'm soo over it!
    The best motto is onwards and upwards, imagine that you were only settling for what was easy with the ex, and you can always do better...

That would mean I have almost another whole year to get over my ex... oh, no, wait... I'm soo over it!
    The best motto is onwards and upwards, imagine that you were only settling for what was easy with the ex, and you can always do better...

I dont mean to be condenscending but from your sig I gather that you're quite young. How long were you in this reletionship you're already over? For some the pain never really goes away Dizzyblabla. I dont mean to come across as judgmental btw.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Alpha505 wrote:
    I dont mean to be condenscending but from your sig I gather that you're quite young.
    Her DOB is in her profile. That's what we technically call "jumping to conclusions". For some people the pain never goes away, for some it does. Life's odd like that.

I prefer "pragmatism" to "onwards and upwards". The latter is totally corny. But then so is DB. :)

adam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,966 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Alpha505 wrote:
    I dont mean to be condenscending but from your sig I gather that you're quite young.
    26 is quite young?

I jumped to conclusions. Apologies to Dizzyblabla

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

I think you need one of the following albums:

-Kind of Blue - Miles Davis
    -A Love Supreme - John Coltrane
    -Straight, No Chaser - Thelonious Monk
    -Go! - Dexter Gordon

I've looked through my collection for you with thought, and my search returned these albums. This music will relieve you of your worries, they got me through a (what I thought to be) difficult time in my life, although I'm still young and I know nuthin.

Listen to the passion in the playing of these musicians, and understand all is not lost. I fully recommend it. :cool:

I love music so I think I'll give them a listen

I loved her more tho'

:(

Daddio wrote:
    I think you need one of the following albums:

-Kind of Blue - Miles Davis
    -A Love Supreme - John Coltrane
    -Straight, No Chaser - Thelonious Monk
    -Go! - Dexter Gordon

Slightly OT - are they all Jazz/Blues Daddio?

Yup, but theyre damn good. A Love Supreme was inspired by Coltrane's spiritual reawakening. It's optimistic, energetic, and full of depth. I'd want to listen to it if I was in heartbroken2's situation, maybe it's worth a try? It'd cheer me right up.
    Davis' sound maybe a bit more moody, atmospheric. Excellent album's though.
    They could be a new diversion for you. Who knows?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 DontKnowMuch

heartbroken2 :

I've been recently dumped by this girl. I really loved her.Now i know that she didn´t care that much about me. I know she´s with somebody else now.And it hurts like hell. Because i just cant stop thinking about her.I have been through tough times. Can't sleep, eat less...can´t concentrate on other things...i'm a total mess.I'm not half the man i used to be. When i hear her name, or see someone that looks like her, my heart freezes. I think " God, i want her back ! ".
    When i go to sleep, i am thinking about her. I see her in my dreams. I wake up and I am thinking about her. Jezz !!! I can´t stand this anymore. This is no way for me to live. I cannot waste my life like this. She no longer wants me. I have to deal with it. But it´s so hard....
    I am taking it one day at a time.There´s no other option. My days are a rollercoaster of emotions. Sometimes I am able to focus on other stuff, but then it hits me like a rocket. And I fall apart....God, I love that girl.
    So you see....you and I are in the same boat. Millions of people have gone through this kind of situations before. And millions will. They survived. And so will we. But knowing this doesn´t make it any easier.....We just have to hang on. I believe that it will get easier as time goes by.
    I will not make the mistake of thinking that we will get back together.I cannot live with illusions. She walked away....she turned her back on me.
    I have to let her go.Let the caged bird fly....i am trying so hard to do it.Believe me. But sometimes, I just feel like crying.
    How it´s going to be from now ? God knows. But i am fighting hard to have my normal life back. At this moment, it hurts like hell.I have a hole in my soul.
    But somebody up there will help me mend my broken heart :) Because i am doing all i can to get over this.

Because tomorrow, the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭DAEDULUS

from what ive heard of Thelonious Monk i cant imagine it being very good in his situation :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Aislinn

heartbroken2 :

I've been recently dumped by this girl. I really loved her.Now i know that she didn´t care that much about me. I know she´s with somebody else now.And it hurts like hell. Because i just cant stop thinking about her.I have been through tough times. Can't sleep, eat less...can´t concentrate on other things...i'm a total mess.I'm not half the man i used to be. When i hear her name, or see someone that looks like her, my heart freezes. I think " God, i want her back ! ".
    When i go to sleep, i am thinking about her. I see her in my dreams. I wake up and I am thinking about her. Jezz !!! I can´t stand this anymore. This is no way for me to live. I cannot waste my life like this. She no longer wants me. I have to deal with it. But it´s so hard....
    I am taking it one day at a time.There´s no other option. My days are a rollercoaster of emotions. Sometimes I am able to focus on other stuff, but then it hits me like a rocket. And I fall apart....God, I love that girl.
    So you see....you and I are in the same boat. Millions of people have gone through this kind of situations before. And millions will. They survived. And so will we. But knowing this doesn´t make it any easier.....We just have to hang on. I believe that it will get easier as time goes by.
    I will not make the mistake of thinking that we will get back together.I cannot live with illusions. She walked away....she turned her back on me.
    I have to let her go.Let the caged bird fly....i am trying so hard to do it.Believe me. But sometimes, I just feel like crying.
    How it´s going to be from now ? God knows. But i am fighting hard to have my normal life back. At this moment, it hurts like hell.I have a hole in my soul.
    But somebody up there will help me mend my broken heart :) Because i am doing all i can to get over this.

Because tomorrow, the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?

Hello there...I hope that I am not intruding here, because I'm a (gulp) GIRL.....
    But I just have to tell all the men in this thread that all of you have given me great hope for my own pitiful self....It is really touching to see how all of you have shared openly, your own breakups, etc. I am really impressed with you and I have to say to you that if all of you are as wonderful as all that you have written, none of you will be single for long, and the girl who gets you is lucky, lucky, lucky!!!! I would give anything for a man to feel about me the way you have expressed....My guy just didn't love me in the first place. I would trade all my success, all my money, all my belongings, (except the dog) to find a man like you who would feel this way about me...

God bless all of you for sharing....Men are not so different from women after all, and we are all human and we are all lonely, hurting, disillusioned...May God bless each of you with the woman of your dreams and may you be happy ever more...
    Love,
    Your sister in hope!
    <grin>

• Advertisement

Daddio: I had a listen to John Coltrane and it wasnt really my thing ........ I like words! ;) I'll maybe try it again later.

Daddio: I had a listen to John Coltrane and it wasnt really my thing ........ I like words! ;) I'll maybe try it again later.

Ah well, i guess it's not to everyone's liking. If you can, give him a chance, his music is actually incredibly beautiful, and after hearing him my life will never be the same again. If I ever feel let down or anything his music would have me feeling optimistic and energetic again, and pick me right up!!!

Music! It's the way to go, and if Coltrane doesn't do it for you, search new genres until you find what you love. Seriously now!

Sometimes the unorthodox methods can work. You might need a new direction in life, a new hobby or something (Apologies if that's a cliché at this stage.) Try new things out, you could find something that you love and is seriously worth doing. Get out there and try new things!!! Start with Jazz! And an instrument!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Muineach

well in my case i was madly in love set date etc. then things went pear shaped bady, very very badly. I was still thinkin about her years later, there were women in between one nighters etc. but i didnt get over her till i found another girl i really liked, nothing happend with her but it got me over the ex. Now I can look back at the good times not the bad times, I know that doesnt help but it can just take time.
    Muin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Foofoo

Its been nine months and the tears are still there for my ex girlfriend. I dont know WHY Im letting this get to me so much but I do know that the pain just wont go away. Ive tried drinking her away, shagging her away and, with mates, laughing her away but she's still there in my thoughts, first thing when I wake up and at least once every hour. Its f^cking torture and I dont know how much more I can take before I go insane.

I need practical ideas and some insight from men who have been there before like this. We both brought the reletionship to an end and said we'd stay friends, when friends didnt work we decided we both had to cut off all contact. It seemed to make sense at the time but now I have this huge gap in my life and I couldnt give a f^ck about most things lately. Please tell me it gets easier.
    that's really sad heartbreak has no cure but time. maybe try again or else start leaving her in de past. you will destroy your head otherwise. Promise tho it gets easier. this is from a woman know u wanted male advice

Muineach wrote:
    well in my case i was madly in love set date etc. then things went pear shaped bady, very very badly. I was still thinkin about her years later, there were women in between one nighters etc. but i didnt get over her till i found another girl i really liked, nothing happend with her but it got me over the ex

I dont think this kind of "rebound" thing is healthy in the long run, someone usually comes out hurt. Then again there's the 10% where its a mutual thing and both people are just lonely.

PS; Aislinn: what are you doing later?

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Angry_Man

When I broke up with my gf, we agreed that we both wanted to stay friends. Everything was fine for months, but my feelings for her never really diminished. As a result, when she eventually slept with someone else it hurt, a lot.

The hardest thing was trying not to show how much I'd been hurt, because she still loves me as a friend, and she'd feel so guilty if she knew I felt this way. But I worry that if she knew, it would jeopardise our friendship.

I hope that with a bit more time I'll move on properly. But for the moment, to the OP, I know how much it sucks to pine for someone you can't have.

• Advertisement

Angry_Man wrote:
    When I broke up with my gf, we agreed that we both wanted to stay friends. Everything was fine for months, but my feelings for her never really diminished. As a result, when she eventually slept with someone else it hurt, a lot.

The hardest thing was trying not to show how much I'd been hurt, because she still loves me as a friend, and she'd feel so guilty if she knew I felt this way. But I worry that if she knew, it would jeopardise our friendship.

I hope that with a bit more time I'll move on properly. But for the moment, to the OP, I know how much it sucks to pine for someone you can't have.

Time is fundamental to get over a person. But you only forget your ex when you find a new person, somebody that you love. Only one great love can make you forget another one.
    But going through a breakup from someone we love is one of the hardest things that can happen to anybody.It´s a journey through hell. I don´t want to sound dramatic, but it´s an excruciating pain that just doesn´t go away.
    I know that someday i will overcome this. I just want this pain to go away. This isn´t living, this is surviving.
    OP, i would like to know how you´ve been doing, regarding the breakup. Seems to me, are situations are very similar. This week has been very tough to me...Feeling down....

This is all so reletive. If you're 18 and you break up with a girl who broke your love cherry then it could take 7 years to get over it. Then you could be 5 years with someone from 25 to 30 and get over them in 3 months. It very much depends on how strong you are in the heart and head.

But you only forget your ex when you find a new person, somebody that you love. Only one great love can make you forget another one.

I disagree. Thats like putting a band-aid on a bullet wound.

Wow, Alpha 505, Im majorly impressed. "Band aid on a bullet wound", is that from something or did ya make that up. Wow, describes it perfectly; almost poetic.

Alpha505 wrote:
    I disagree. Thats like putting a band-aid on a bullet wound.

The first step towards recover, is to accept the loss. This is the must difficult part. You have to accept what has happened. If you can cope with this,then you can start to heal your broken heart. And you know that you are totally recovered when you can think of your former lover with another person and that doesn´t bother you. Of course that this can take many,many time to achieve.Meanwhile,your life do goes on. You still have to go to work, to school, whatever...and if you have accepted the loss, you know that you have to let your ex go. He or she doesn´t want to be with you anymore. I know it hurts like hell ( i´ve been dumped and i was totally inlove with her), but if you stay stuck in a lost love, you are doomed. And I mean it.This is very,very serious.I still think about her all the time, but as time goes by, I realize that she doesn´t give a **** about me. She moved on, and so will I.But with baby steps....
    And I know that as soon I finish this chapter of my life,I am ready to open a new one. And I will find someone new and she will love me in the same proportion as I love her.Not more,not less.That´s all I ask.
    For all of you that have a broken heart: we will get over all of this. We were happy long before we met our ex´s. What happened between you and your ex is history.IT WILL NOT COME BACK. EVER. If he/she told you that they don´t want to be with you anymore, let him/her go.Leave it behind. Go on with your life.

Plz stay in touch and let us know how your are hanging in there.

Best wishes

• Advertisement

Avy wrote:
    Wow, Alpha 505, Im majorly impressed. "Band aid on a bullet wound", is that from something or did ya make that up. Wow, describes it perfectly; almost poetic.

I made it up. I dont think one love should cover up another.

Seriously tho, jazz.

OP, i would like to know how you´ve been doing, regarding the breakup. Seems to me, are situations are very similar. This week has been very tough to me...Feeling down....
    Feel like sh*t. Im looking at http://www.trailfinders.ie/ as I type. I cant see myself getting over her here no matter how much my mates tell me I will. Ive been texting a few different girls but havent yet had the balls to go on a proper date. I just dont see the point.

She had a spark, looks, personality, a laugh, a drive, a sense of humour and so much more that Im not even going to bother looking for in another girl anytime soon.

Again Im not looking for sympathy here but the fact that a few others are going through similar hell is a catharsis of sorts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Macbeth

Thanks for more insights.

I was the one who finished it moreso than her but in the end we both did, if that makes sense. I realise that another girl will get her out of my head but it was only temporarily last time I tried it. The last few girls have nearly been called her name by accident and when I wake up beside someone else I feel like crying there and then once the reality and hangover sets in.

Should I be worried about the imaginary conversations or fantasys of us getting back together in my head or is this part of the break-up process? I wouldnt mind but Ive been here before twice after long term reletionships came to an end but for some reason I got over them much quicker. This is hell on earth.

WHATEVER YOU DO, DON'T GET INVOLVED WITH ANYONE ELSE,-casual(ties) or deep. This means no flirting, or sleeping together. Trust me, I've really been there, and kipping with another woman is just opening up another even uglier can of worms (you'll just feel as guilty as ???? and you'll be using someone just to ease your pain. If you've got to lock yourself away for a bit, then fair enough. At least you'll have the time and privacy to bawl your eyes out in private, and tell everyone just to leave you alone for a bit. Plus the fact that you'll have time to reflect on what went wrong and prep for the next serious relationship.

Macbeth wrote:
    WHATEVER YOU DO, DON'T GET INVOLVED WITH ANYONE ELSE,-casual(ties) or deep. This means no flirting, or sleeping together. Trust me, I've really been there, and kipping with another woman is just opening up another even uglier can of worms (you'll just feel as guilty as ???? and you'll be using someone just to ease your pain. If you've got to lock yourself away for a bit, then fair enough. At least you'll have the time and privacy to bawl your eyes out in private, and tell everyone just to leave you alone for a bit. Plus the fact that you'll have time to reflect on what went wrong and prep for the next serious relationship.

I thought this a very strange reply...you dont HAVE to be in a serious relationship you know...and if your not...then you dont HAVE to be preparing for one!

Lifes about fun...have some.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭quad_red

want to just repeat what a lot of other people have said but I think I understand. Broke up with my a girl I went out with for 4+ years the Feb before last. It was on and off and for a few months after then we got back together for a few weeks. She then went travelling, quickly got bored of speaking to me and ceased making an effort (despite going all out to still talk to my friends which made it worse).

I COULDN'T understand how someone I loved so, someone with whom I shared so much, could treat me so dismissively. The coup de grace came when I accidentally got a letter detailing how she was f*cking guys in Oz. Broke my heart. Totally. I didn't know what to do. My life had been her and all my plans for the future were with her.

And it took months to figure out that she wasn't the person I thought she was. She couldn't have been. HEARTBROKEN, do not idolise this woman. That's, I think, what I was doing. And so I moved on. And I shagged around me and changed my life. You've got to pick yourself up man. You need to regain your confidence and yourself. It took me a long time to move on.

And maybe I'm lucky in that I was in aided in this by the girl herself. By an increasing recognition of what sort of person she really was.

And I met some amazing girls along the way. Beautiful smart illuminating girls that thought me so much even though I was never meant to be with them for very long. And this led me to someone who I think I am supposed to be with for a while. Someone who reminds me of what fun life is.

But it DEFINITELY does get easier with time. And you'll know you're pretty much over it when you don't even take the time to ask 'am I over it?' any more.

To the OP ; if it was true love you will never really be truly over her, I think they stay in our systems in some small way forever :'(

quad_red wrote:

I COULDN'T understand how someone I loved so, someone with whom I shared so much, could treat me so dismissively. The coup de grace came when I accidentally got a letter detailing how she was f*cking guys in Oz. Broke my heart. Totally. I didn't know what to do. My life had been her and all my plans for the future were with her.

I once read an email sent by an ex to her mate in which she was talking about still loving her other ex and not one mention of me despite been with me nearly 2 years at that stage, that broke my heart too. Women are SO much better at the decietful stuff than us its scary :'(

quad_red wrote:
    want to just repeat what a lot of other people have said but I think I understand. Broke up with my a girl I went out with for 4+ years the Feb before last. It was on and off and for a few months after then we got back together for a few weeks. She then went travelling, quickly got bored of speaking to me and ceased making an effort (despite going all out to still talk to my friends which made it worse).

And it took months to figure out that she wasn't the person I thought she was. She couldn't have been. HEARTBROKEN, do not idolise this woman. That's, I think, what I was doing. And so I moved on. And I shagged around me and changed my life. You've got to pick yourself up man. You need to regain your confidence and yourself. It took me a long time to move on.

And maybe I'm lucky in that I was in aided in this by the girl herself. By an increasing recognition of what sort of person she really was.

And I met some amazing girls along the way. Beautiful smart illuminating girls that thought me so much even though I was never meant to be with them for very long. And this led me to someone who I think I am supposed to be with for a while. Someone who reminds me of what fun life is.

But it DEFINITELY does get easier with time. And you'll know you're pretty much over it when you don't even take the time to ask 'am I over it?' any more.

I think this is one of the best posts about this subject.
    One of the most dangerous things one can do when gets dumped is to idolise the ex. I know it because i am doing that all the time.How can your forget someone when you keep telling yourself she´s the most beautiful girl on earth, completely flawless ? :confused: She´s not.No one is.

I think this is one of the best posts about this subject.
    One of the most dangerous things one can do when gets dumped is to idolise the ex. I know it because i am doing that all the time.How can your forget someone when you keep telling yourself she´s the most beautiful girl on earth, completely flawless ? :confused: She´s not.No one is.

Welcome to dumpsville...for some reason this is what happens the dumpee a lot. I'm going through the same thing at the moment everythings a comparison to her and it feels like nothing will ever be as good...just have to soldier on...a lot of its in the mind...or so i'm being told :(

• Advertisement

Farls wrote:
    Welcome to dumpsville...for some reason this is what happens the dumpee a lot. I'm going through the same thing at the moment everythings a comparison to her and it feels like nothing will ever be as good...just have to soldier on...a lot of its in the mind...or so i'm being told :(

Its the "pedestal effect", we seem to put ex's we still miss on them and look at our times with them through rose-tinted glasses. The key, I think, is to accept them into our life history, neither loving nor hating them and most importantly learn from our mistakes.

Remember those times she was a moody b*tch, farted in bed, refused to make any social suggestions, picked fights out of thin air, went from nicey nice to insane in the space of 5 minutes, didnt get her round in for 3 hours, took an opposite stance of whatever you wanted to do to "test" you and LOOP it in your head over and over and over again ;o)

alpha5055 wrote:
    Remember those times she was a moody b*tch, farted in bed, refused to make any social suggestions, picked fights out of thin air, went from nicey nice to insane in the space of 5 minutes, didnt get her round in for 3 hours, took an opposite stance of whatever you wanted to do to "test" you and LOOP it in your head over and over and over again ;o)

Dunno if doing that even helps mate, when your in this frame of mind you cant even remember the bad things about her...and if you can they seem so insignificant now. What i'm focusing on now is me...míse mé féin.

The ex text me there and we got talkin and she is happy on her own she says, and i'm happy also i think...its still very hard to think single when your out though after so long, but apart from that i'm not doing too bad.

Like I still feel we'd be happier together but that has to be mutual to work and its not. So no point in stewing over it. If you just leave things be eventually it gets better...maybe i can say this easier because me and her are friends still but im know that her being with someone else would bring me straight back to square one. This is why you have to go out now, not in search of someone but for a good a time...and if you meet someone along the way then all the better.

I can understand the above is a lot easier said than done though...i still have not managed to move on in that sense but every week takes me a step closer.

Chin up

To anyone in this situation >>>>>>>>>> travel tbh

That was a bit short earlier ;

Only travel to get someone out of your system if ur sure its want you wanted to do anyway. Dont go to China cos its as far away from her if ur not going to like the experience.

Some say its "running away from your pronlems" and maybe it is.

Also, dont let her know your going. A friend of mine went to Boston only for his ex to come over, be with men on front of him and break his heart in a whole different time zone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭jimmidy_cricket

Sean23, whats "tbh"? I don't know if a girls opinion will help heartbroken2 but here it is anyway: I was going out with a guy for 3years, 11months and 15 days when I broke his heart, it hurt so much to break it off with him but any way without going into it I thought I was protecting him and saving him from myself..blagh blagh blagh...anyway(we also decided to remain friends, then it was too hard to do that and then we said feck it we'd make the most of each other while I was still in the country), after I did the deed 2 months later I booked a flight for oz tried to save a pile a cash, didn't so got a loan out for the trip, I travelled solo which let me assure you wasn't easy but ye know what?...sometimes you have to go through the depths of hell so you can appreciate the good and yeah it could be looked upon as running away but it sure as s6it was the right thing for me to do and maybe I was running to something rather that running away, anway, everything happens for a reason, if your meant to be you's will be and lay off the drink cuz now i'm back and was prob gonna get back with him but he's doin coke now so I won't be goin near him, I hate drugs with a passion. Well any way my advice, go see your credit union, go to your local usit office, get your ass outta this country (especially before winter comes cuz you'll be even more depressed then!) and enjoy life, you've only got one!

tbh = to be honest

So you went travelling to Oz alone and then thought about getting back with him??? Wouldnt it have made sense to go to Oz together?

sean23 wrote:
    A friend of mine went to Boston only for his ex to come over, be with men on front of him and break his heart in a whole different time zone.

What a colossal witch!!!

Thank god I'm past the stage of caring. Saying that, since we broke up, I've never seen her be with anyone else. Don't think I'd care that much though. A world away.

Am I the only one that wakes up in the morning completely heartbroken ?
    It´s the worst part of the day....I wake up and BANG .....it hits me every single time... She´s not with me anymore...She doesn´t love me anymore...She´s with some other guy....This is hell !! Sometimes, the punishement doesn´t seem to fit the crime ! Do I deserve this ? I am goig to be 100% honest : yes, i´ve commited a few mistakes.There were times when I zigged when I should have zagged. But the bottom line is : I put my heart in her hands. She threw it against the wall and flushed it down the toilet. Have you any idea how much it hurts ? :(
    Well, this is going to be a long,long day....

• Advertisement

Am I the only one that wakes up in the morning completely heartbroken ?
    It´s the worst part of the day....I wake up and BANG .....it hits me every single time... She´s not with me anymore...She doesn´t love me anymore...She´s with some other guy....This is hell !! Sometimes, the punishement doesn´t seem to fit the crime ! Do I deserve this ? I am goig to be 100% honest : yes, i´ve commited a few mistakes.There were times when I zigged when I should have zagged. But the bottom line is : I put my heart in her hands. She threw it against the wall and flushed it down the toilet. Have you any idea how much it hurts ? :(
    Well, this is going to be a long,long day....

Of course people here realise what you're going through. And there is no secret that takes all the pain away. What you need to do is get on with life. Make a determined effort to do new things and enjoy yourself. THAT is how you'll get over it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement