Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung e720, gprs/mms refused o2

• 18-06-2005 9:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭

tried on both prepay and contract o2 sim cards. all wap 2 settings correct and verified by o2 (all other settings tried just in case). this phone was bought sim free and even a second level o2 techie person cannot understand why the error message is "connection refused by the remote host". Am trying to get a vodafone sim but due to weak reception they're not too common where I live. This is a fab phone so if anyone could help me out I'd be delighted.
    PS: Sorry if I've omitted any details.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭skearon

vampyre wrote:
    tried on both prepay and contract o2 sim cards. all wap 2 settings correct and verified by o2 (all other settings tried just in case). this phone was bought sim free and even a second level o2 techie person cannot understand why the error message is "connection refused by the remote host". Am trying to get a vodafone sim but due to weak reception they're not too common where I live. This is a fab phone so if anyone could help me out I'd be delighted.
    PS: Sorry if I've omitted any details.

Try a factory reset on the phone and then re-enter the settings?

Does this happen for both WAP and MMS ?

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭vampyre

tried the full reset early in the day, forgot to mention that sorry. All profiles deleted and o2 set up from scratch. Yes both mms/gprs. o2 are mystified by the specific nature of the message which is no help to me lol. Refrained from committing murder having gotten a vodafone sim, set profile etc (yawn yawn) and then the idiot tells me there's no credit on it.

mms is fine on vodafone. Vodafone live not supported (which in fairness they told me while refusing me any help) but I'm relayed to what I assume is the old version of that service.
    If anyone has any wild guess about why the o2 service is being stroppy I'd be interested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

How come Vodafone Live doesnt work?

because they elected not to support this handset. that's what i was told and that's more or less the message i got on connection. But presumably if they decide to flog the handset this will all change

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

I sent them an email today asking if they plan to support it in the future. Still no loss really if they dont.

O2 answered me earlier this week. According to them my phone may have technology unsupported by or conflicting with their network so they opt to block it. I'm neither convinced nor impressed by this but hey! I presume people roaming here from the UK (where this phone is selling big on o2) will be delighted not to have mms too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭digitally-yours

never believe anyone unless ur sure ur self all these call center things suck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 gkelly

hi....need help!! my wife recently bought a samsung E530 on e bay. everything works fine except except WAP/GPRS (and MMS) with an O2 ireland prepaid sim. i've got settings from another O2 phone as well as settings from this site...but none of them work. i kept getting a message saying 'connection is refused by remote host'. any ideas???? :confused:

Advertisement