Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mc Carthy to grap Clinton Morrison ??

• 18-06-2005 10:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭

Just heard on the news that Sunderland are trying snap up Clinton Morrison. Well I think it would be a good move for Clinton, players always have tons of confidence under mc carthy. I think its just what Morrison needs

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

good move for clinto to get first team football, but id be worried about sunderland going straight back down next year...

Id love to see everton sign clinto.. good player to have on your team..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

yeah i think he is a good player but he has gone downhill recently with the problem being lack of first team football. so sunderland would be a good move but if sunderland were to go down, it would be bad news for the irish team.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Mick did not seem to rate Morrison when he was Ireland manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,982 ✭✭✭Big Ears

How many strikers do Sunderland have now ? , I know thev've realised Stuart but they must have at least 5 in contention for a first team start .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭sleepwalker

heh i predicted this months ago! typical mccarthy signing, he would be good for sunderland though and he has zero future at birmingham

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

i saw sunderland twice this year and elliot was on the bench the two times i saw them.how many games did he start this year? will he be starting next year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

i saw sunderland twice this year and elliot was on the bench the two times i saw them.how many games did he start this year? will he be starting next year?
    He got dropped at the start of April and any of the last 6 games. He started most other games since he broke into the team though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Kyle
    Stead
    Elliot
    Morrison

Only 2 can play all young enough to expect to be 1st choice.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,011 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

Stead and Morrison out of that lot for me. The only problem is that there isn't a proven Premiership striker in there. ALthough having said that, Stead is a class player imo and may turn into one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

You havent seen Elliot play then! Twice the player Stead is, hes better than Morrison too. As for Kyle, hes a long ball man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭tetsujin1979

Right now, I'm taking any link between Sunderland and any Irish player with a pinch of salt. Since they have been promoted, they are obviously going to be looking to improve the team and it's just sheer lazy journalism to link Sunderland with Irish players because of Mick McCarthy. Over the past few weeks they've been linked with Paddy Kenny, Robbie Keane, Rory Delap, and now Clinton. There will be more before the new season starts, but until I see any one of them paraded at the Stadium of Light in the Sunderland strip I will refuse to believe the transfer links.
    dub13 wrote:
    Mick did not seem to rate Morrison when he was Ireland manager.
    He gave Clinton his international debut, brought him to the World Cup a year later, and the only reason he didn't play is because Mick believed Duffer and Robbie were a better strike partnership. Which they aren't. Connolly came on against Spain because he had been performing well in training, I remember hearing he scored 5 in one of the practice games.

Draupnir wrote:
    You havent seen Elliot play then! Twice the player Stead is, hes better than Morrison too. As for Kyle, hes a long ball man.

I do like Elliot as a player and think he could do a good job for Sunderland but I would go with Stead personally. Mick might still surprise us all and get Adriano to the Stadium of Light! Adriano and Kyle, I can see it now.

KdjaC wrote:
    Kyle
    Stead
    Elliot
    Morrison

Only 2 can play all young enough to expect to be 1st choice.

kdjac

Not to forget a certain former Waterford player is trying to get in there .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Stead and Kyle would be the top 2 choices, with Elliot as a sub. They need the big lad up front if they intend to try and stay up.
    Morrision will not be bought by Sunderland, it sjust cause he is Irish and isn't getting his game, thus he is linked with Mick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

In all fairness, Stead wasnt exactly great for Blackburn after his first 8 matches when he was very good. So I dont have much faith in him. Be interesting to see how it goes though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Well he was quality when they were fighting from relegation, and since thats what Sunderland will be doing, I figure he'll be good again

wait a minute........what does grap mean ? , maybe he isn't interested in signing him at all :eek: .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

Is Kyle not out for a good while and has even said he may not play again?

Looks like he will miss at least the start of the season with his hip injury

For more, HERE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Mcarthy has signed a few players, alot from championship. Kelvin davis from ipswich was a great buy.

A decent defender and they will have a good chance of staying up.

• Advertisement
Advertisement