Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Right analog curling?

Options
  • 18-06-2005 11:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭

So I realised the other day that the right analogue actually does something useful besides the Marseille, but I'm not sure how it works.
    How exacty does the curling work? I mean, if I push left is the kicker (we'll say he's right footed) hitting it with the outside of his boot? Or the inside?
    And what's the best way to combine this with the arrows and the shoulder buttons?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Curling with the right analogue stick isn't possible.

In fact contrary to what some people believe, manually curling shots passes etc... isn't really possible from open play.
    The way PES/ WE works is that the amount of curl and technique used to shoot is all down to your players positioning, running, space etc...
    I've had this discussion with people before who have watched replays and swore they made the ball react they way it did, problem is, the amount of people that play this game religiously (and every version of it) have never mentioned anywhere how they have found manual curling to be possible from open play, and not to be self promoting, but I've played every version since PES1 (and WE from WE6FE) and I'd like to think I know of all the possibilites available to the player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

dar83 wrote:

In fact contrary to what some people believe, manually curling shots passes etc... isn't really possible from open play.
    The way PES/ WE works is that the amount of curl and technique used to shoot is all down to your players positioning, running, space etc...
    I've had this discussion with people before who have watched replays and swore they made the ball react they way it did, problem is, the amount of people that play this game religiously (and every version of it) have never mentioned anywhere how they have found manual curling to be possible from open play, and not to be self promoting, but I've played every version since PES1 (and WE from WE6FE) and I'd like to think I know of all the possibilites available to the player.
    way to burst my bubble, i shot and used right analogue to direct it and could have sworn i put the curl on it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

dar83 wrote:

is that Dar from gamefaqs?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,187 ✭✭✭kensutz

The right analogue stick does nothing to add curl to the ball. Some people say to press R2 and add direction but it's down to how you approach the ball and the curling ability of the player and I too have been playing both PES and WE versions since it's incarnation

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

dar83 wrote:

I'd have to agree. Having played every iteration since since ISS PES I have never been able to curle the ball from open play. Free kicks and corners are your only opportunity to do this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

TimAy wrote:
    is that Dar from gamefaqs?

It is. I've decided to not go there anymore though. :)

I've only gone there in the last year or so just to piss people off, and even thats worn thin, so I'm gonna focus my time wasting in other places. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

yeah.its fairly crap tbh. OMGTEHGOD!1!one
    the good days are gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭scuba steve

You can curl the ball using the directional pad on xbox anyway but dont know about ps2

Advertisement