Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

S.E k700i or V3

Options
  • 18-06-2005 11:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭

Hi Guys
    I am planning on getting one of these phones.
    Could you give some opinions on which is better?
    I had an old v60 which was nasty to text on and never any sony ericssons.
    I text loads and want that to be easy.Love the look of the black v3.Not so sure about the k7001.But any and all thoughts welcome :D

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I guess it's a form vs function thing. I've never been all that fond of Motorola's phones, in terms of operation. The V3 is a stunning looking phone though, and maybe, just maybe Motorola have improved their UI - someone here will probably know.

On the other hand, I'm a big fan of SE's user interface, and I've found any of the SE phones I've had to be top notch in this regard. I think the K700 isn't the nicest looking phone though - indeed, in terms of looks I'd prefer the K500 than the K700 (on looks only though). So, in my view it's a choice between good looks and good functioning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

Came across a post somewhere recently regarding the v3 and somebody said they hated the feel of it when texting, that the metal keypad was too "clicky".

The k700i is a great phone, but from a texting point of view, I found the buttons all a bit too close together, so going on what buffybot said, its really down to what your priority will be, looks or functionality. If its functionality, I'd look elsewhere, but for a combination of both, the v3 I spose?

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭tylerdylan

Tks so much for advice.
    I think I will look at others.I seen the k700i yesterday and its very
    'plasticky' and until I knew more about the texting on the v3.....
    So again tks.I will keep looking.
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 20,121 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

try the SE k750i new version of the k700i much nicer again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

If you have big fingers you'll have trouble typing quickly on the SE; it's also a little slow sometimes (especially if GPRS and/or Bluetooth are running at the time). Nice otherwise tho. Haven't used the other one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭richieg

I bought a V3 recently as a 2nd phone coz my main 1 is a nokia 6630. I wanted something small and handy. I bought it RTG on Vodafone. Coming froim Nokia I find the UI fine. It took a little while to get used to where everything was but after an hour or so its grand. I have no problem texting, the keypad presses feel more positive and the keys are suprisingly big. Battery life is good as is the backlit keypad. This was my first Moto phone and I amvery happy with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

This weekend my dad decided i needed a new phone :D , so we went in search and i ended up getting the K700i. The phone i think is very good! Firstly on looks this thing is a thing of beauty, feel like wearing it around my neck :).
    It also has so many functions. First day i got it, took a bunch of photos's of some friends that where visiting. That evening i put them on my pc, and printed them, all so simple, and the quality i though was very good. I like that u can change the resolution of the photos, all the way up to 640x480.
    The supplyied earphones are very nice aswell. I my self have not noticed a weka battery but then i probably dont use mine as often as say a buisness man :p . If the keypad is not touched for a few seconds it completely switches off the screen which is handy and would save the battery a lot. 1 touch and the screen pops us again.
    Panoramic effect is very cool, it allows u to take 3 photos that sort of merge to create a panoramic veiw, very cool.
    Well all in all im very stoked with this phone and would reccomend it to any1, job well done :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

I like the look of the V3 myself. But lots of reviews complain about the software and the GUI. richieg seems happy with it, so maybe they fixed a lot of the issues. Who knows?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,121 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

no they havent, if u dont mind motorola ui its fine, if you do its the very same as the rest of em, sucky :D

Advertisement