Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PSP import from Lik-Sang Question...

• 18-06-2005 12:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I'm on the verge of ordering a PSP from these guys as they are selling them at a very good price. Im just wondering what everyones experiences with them are regarding speed of delivery, import taxes, customer care etc...

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

99% defo your gonna get stung for import Duty, which can delay the delivery. dont forget most delivery companies charge a handling fee for collecting the Duty. so it could be over €100 duty..... apart from that the delivery is fast.

sean.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

I saw these sites mentioned on another forum, the first one is in the uk so no customs and the second one is in canada but supposedly a lot of ppl didnt have to pay any duty.

www.electricbirdland.co.uk (300 euros i think with free p+p)

www.videogamesplus.ca ( about 260 including p+p)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Franky Boy

I just ordered my psp last wednesday and it hasn't arrived yet but I ordered the value pack and wipeout pure from liksang......it cost me altogether €300.
    The import duty isn't counted in that but I think it's another eh......€63!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭Stoichkov

vg+ is pretty good. I ordered a value pack, lumines and wipeout pure for a little under 320euro. It took four days and I paid no customs.

When you make your order you can add a comment asking to mark it as only being worth $20. On the invoice my package was labbled as a "toy game" with a value of $20.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

That sounds quite promising stoichkov. I'll do a bit more research before ordering as I have to save as much as I can.

Thanks

• Advertisement

has anyone ordered games on their own from lik sang? do they get done for import tax and how long do they take to arrive.

ordered a PSP from lik sang with a sleeve and usb cable for €270ish. If this gets caught how much will I have to pay would you say? Might try that other site for a couple of games. dont know which one to get though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭dancin

Haven't ordered anything big like a PSP from Lik-Sang. But...

They have a European branch in germany. Anything I've ever ordered from them is only available from Hong Kong, but when it arrived it had a german postmark on it.

Now the items were not huge (40 - 50 euro's). But I think I've ordered 6 times and every time it comes in from Germany. Looks like they may ship to germany (sort of like Internal Mail) and then post it from there so it looks like it's origin is in the EU.

ok, thanks for the help. i really hope i dont get stung for the import duty. ordered a game from cdwow too (wipeout). ordered it last night so i would want to have around €70 on me from tomorrow on - god this is getting pricey. if a delivery guy came, would he wait while i go to an atm 2 mins away? depends on the individual i suppose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Ive had no problems ordering games from lik-sang. All the games I have ordered form them have only been about 40euro so they are below the import tax [which i think is 45 or 50 euro, cant quite remember]

They ship them in bulk from Hong Kong to Germany from where they post them I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Ronan

you could always try ebay. I managed to get the value pack for 235 euro new from the UK, so avoided any import tax. Just need to pick up some games on there now!!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Lik-Sang have announced free worldwide delivery for PSPs and DS'

Advertisement