Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gold chocobo in VII

Options
  • 18-06-2005 1:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭

You know after you kill ruby in VII and after a bit a rig-a-ma-roll you get a gold chocobo? Its a crappy chocobo for racing and you really require a gold chocobo in order to beat ruby in the first place, is there anything special about this chocobo?

I recall hearing about someother different coloured chocobo but has anything figured out anything about it or is it just another bit of Square being too lazy to come up with a good prize?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭acri

Have you got Knights Of The Round?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

I was talking that after you beat ruby, you get a seemingly useless gold chocobo and I was wondering does it have some secret use or power.

The only use I could find for the Gold Chocobo was to get The Knights Of The Round summon in a cave at the north-eastern point of the map. All other areas of the map can be accessed via a green, blue or black chocobo.

I was driving at the point that you most likely needed a gold chocobo to get knights and defeat ruby in the first place and by beating ruby you get another one which appears to have no purpose seeing as you've already got anything you need a gold chocobo for.

Well then no, no your newly aquired gold chocobo has no special features different to that of any other gold chocobo. Just as a matter of interest, how did you beat Ruby? It's the only beast I couldnt defeat. Purely down to bad ****ing luck in my opinion.

• Advertisement

Ruby is tricky enough, go into the fight with two of your folk dead, wait till he sticks his arms in the ground, revive said characters and W- summon hades and knights till he's dead.

I tried that, coupled with Mime. Actually, I never tried Hades. Once this cursed leaving certs over, I'm in for a summer of FF. K, thanks.

Hades is very handy because he freezes ruby thus making him nice and easy to kill. If you haven't got W-Summon from the battle arena I suggest you get it, makes the fight so much less frustrating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭7thSeal

Make sure to equip HP absorb to Knights Of The Round aswell

7thSeal wrote:
    Make sure to equip HP absorb to Knights Of The Round aswell

Ah, the amount of times that has saved me. Phoenix with Final Attack has proved itself most useful at times.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭7thSeal

I found for this fight it's easier if you don't revive the other characters and just keep using mime

Your man is so strong you sort of need every trick in the book, on the regular occasion that he capped the whole party insta-revive was most handy.

Mime is the key to that fight it would seem. Pity about the crap prize though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

3 final attacks all mastered all linked with 3 mastered phoenix's, 3 mastered knights of the round, W-summon and mime, and the battle is piss easy, excuse my phrase.

AlcoholicA wrote:
    3 final attacks all mastered all linked with 3 mastered phoenix's, 3 mastered knights of the round, W-summon and mime, and the battle is piss easy, excuse my phrase.

3 mastered KOTR, /shudder.

Do you not use W-Summon Hades/KOTR for the fight? I always thought that made things alot eesier.

grimloch wrote:
    3 mastered KOTR, /shudder.

Do you not use W-Summon Hades/KOTR for the fight? I always thought that made things alot eesier.

yeah i used hades too, he stops him for a bit, its also good to use hades on the claws too. I mastered all the materia using double or triple growth weapons :)

I did too but it took a shockingly long time, not nearly as long as the whole stat maxing rig-a-ma-roll in X but a fair while just sauntering around the Gelnika hoping you'd fight the flower guy instead of the horse guy.

It's amazing how many hours people are willing to put in to beat a 20 - 30 minute boss, 230-ish hours into X and still haven't beaten Penance....

grimloch wrote:
    I did too but it took a shockingly long time, not nearly as long as the whole stat maxing rig-a-ma-roll in X but a fair while just sauntering around the Gelnika hoping you'd fight the flower guy instead of the horse guy.

It's amazing how many hours people are willing to put in to beat a 20 - 30 minute boss, 230-ish hours into X and still haven't beaten Penance....

I still havent played X..... X-2 put me off, but Im told X is worth it.

I shall test this for myself soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Kio

AlcoholicA wrote:
    I still havent played X..... X-2 put me off, but Im told X is worth it.

I shall test this for myself soon.

it is wow by-the-by hey alco

Advertisement