Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Post North City Delivery office - Disgusting!

Options
  • 18-06-2005 1:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭

I don't know if anyone else will agree with me but, I've just had the misfortune of having to collect a parcel from An Post's "North City Delivery Office" at Churchfield (Just beside the big eircom building).

In all my life I've never seen a more disgusting, run down badly maintained mess of an industrial estate/business park.

The entire approach was strewn with washing machines, fridges, bits of scrap metal, there was a scrap yard of some sort near by with rusty metal appliances etc spilling over onto the pavement.

I don't know what's going on up there but someone urgently needs to clean it up!

I don't mean to go on a rant about the place and I know that parts of the Churchfield area need a bit of public funding and a spruce up, but this particular little business park was just beyond belief.

It was so bad that I'm going to do my best to ensure that any future packages get delivered by TNT, DHL or someone other than An Post!

Also, to make matters worse, there were no directions on the little card they put in the door and even after phoning them it was almost impossible to find the place.

The old Eglinton Street sorting office pick-up point at the end of the southlink was a palace in comparison!

Just wondering if anyone agrees ? or did I just visit it on a very bad day?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭CHUCKLEZ

Actually, you visited it on a quiet day!!!

Was there no caravans at all in your view when you were on the road? :O

;-)

I have to pass that every morning, imagine how i feel!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

There were one or two... not exactly hundreds or anything..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭CHUCKLEZ

u Didnt carry on up that so right around the corner there is loads more parked up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Bogger77

If you'd read the card fully, you'd see that you can get them to deliver it to another address, nexst time you can just get them to deliver the package to your work.
    Problem solved.

Your rant should really be titled "Churchfield a disgrace", it's not up to an Post to clean up after the caravan dewellers. How was the actual inside of the sorting office?
    They probably moved from the old office because people complaining about parking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

The old sorting office is gone for An Post's own operational reasons. It was replaced by the Cork Mails Centre on Little Island which handles all of the mail for a large chunk of Ireland.

The North City Delivery Office is just in an absolutely stupid location though. That office covers a large area of the city, the entire northside including a lot of business addresses just north of the Lee. It's a hard to find, hard to get to office in a very scary industrial estate.

I know it's not up to An Post to clean the area up, but they should make some alternative arrangements until it has been cleaned up for the sake of their staff and customers.

The interior of the office itself is clean and modern but I would quite litterally be worried about collecting mail or packages from it.

To make matters worse, there are PO boxes up there which businesses would have to collect mail from regularly.

Perhaps they could have found an alternative location there are plenty of other places they could have considered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

Take some pictures, post them online and we'll all link to them with the phrase "Cork City of Culture". Googleshame them.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭irishcrazyhorse

can anyone tell me exactly where this place is??the an post site doesnt even have it listed?
    All my collection slip tells me is that it is in an post, churchfield?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

Move to the south side, nice clean area and pleasant An Post staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭irishcrazyhorse

anyone tell me where this place is on the northside?need to head there first thing in the morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

It's up at the old Harringtons bakery behind upc and next to eircom and lidl, Just look out for the eircom mast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭sean_84

anyone tell me where this place is on the northside?need to head there first thing in the morning

Don't know if you've been already, but it's at the location marked in this map: http://www.bing.com/maps/?v=2&cp=51.911281078111706~-8.491772890181266&lvl=17&sty=h&sp=Point.snjrmtg8s2hm_AnPost

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 sprattica

sean_84 wrote: »
    Don't know if you've been already, but it's at the location marked in this map: http://www.bing.com/maps/?v=2&cp=51.911281078111706~-8.491772890181266&lvl=17&sty=h&sp=Point.snjrmtg8s2hm_AnPost

It just helped me anyway thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭colblimp

I had to go up there to collect a parcel before Christmas and it was a nightmare to find the entrance to the Ind Est - the signage is appalling! At least I won't have the same problem if I have to go again.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Lollymcd

OP, be warned, I ordered from a website who uses DHL to deliver and The item was actually deliveered byAn Post! Not sure if this happens regularly but it'd be a shame to pay extra for DHL and end up going out to this place anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭DannyD

What time are they open from ? 7am ?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Cyril Squirrel

The opening times are on the card you received, I think it is 0700 to 1300. A bit awkward IMO:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

The opening times are on the card you received, I think it is 0700 to 1300. A bit awkward IMO:)

Completely impractical and designed to suit the staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Completely impractical and designed to suit the staff.

that's public service for ya :rolleyes:
    anyway, this thread is 4 years old...yawn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Lollymcd wrote: »
    OP, be warned, I ordered from a website who uses DHL to deliver and The item was actually deliveered byAn Post! Not sure if this happens regularly but it'd be a shame to pay extra for DHL and end up going out to this place anyway!

Was it from Germany?

Advertisement