Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox360 hidden function

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

the_syco wrote:
    It does... on selected "popular" games. The only drawback: you have to rebuy the games, as its made for a different chip!
    We have been through this before on another thread. You will not need to pay for them again. The Xbox360 will be emulating the Xbox so you just put your discs in and play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭gamer

probably some form of copy protection system.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

The hidden function will be more graphics. What else can the games industry think of?

we'll see when the revolution comes out. Nintendo are the still the only ones to actually come up with new ideas

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

actually Dermo, that's a good point, maybe the 360 hidden feature is "whatever Nintendo do"!!
    I can't really figure what it could be... if it was something crazy like the ability to play PC games (a la the Phantom) that would be amazing but it's not going to happen. Maybe they'll release some new Software update that allows you to hook up a USB/Wireless mouse and keyboard along with some 360 web-browser.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭SonicDoom2005

Okay, what it will actually do is go around your house watering the plants while you are out....then when you come home you'll be able to take it to bed for some hot uncensored action between the sheets....then it will turn itself on and allow you to play games with it under the blanket in the dark..... ah yes.... but talking of innovation people, you do know you can turn the xbox 360 on without even going near the console? perfect for those lazy afternoons..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

That woulds be nice indeed, I might get one if I could play the likes of halo on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

I heard it was a new controller that cost €250.
    Think their calling it the 'Wireless battery operated vagina'

Self explantory really....

They've had alot of interest from the pr0n websites around the world wanting to go further into gaming after M$ let this out of the bag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭RotalicaV

I hope its something VR related.. last time i used a vr machine was about 10 years ago, it wasn't that bad at the time. It'd be interesting to see how things have come along in that area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭SonicDoom2005

yes vr isn't too bad....apart from the splitting headaches, blurred vision, paranoia and general disorientation when you come out of it....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Citizen_Erased

I cant believe how overcranked you are all getting about it , the jokes are funny but seriously , forget vr , forget any graphical innovations or anything like that. If there are goin to be major innovations as such they will not spring out of nowhere on a console. It will just be some pathetic thing that will not enhance the gaming experience whatsoever , and yes I do occasionally get tired of pessimistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

As it won’t be unveiled until a year after the launch, it of course means every Xbox hacker was just placed on high alert, and anyone with an internet connection will probably be able to find out how to access them by the following Valentines Day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭GaMMoN

I found out what it is after a year when PS3 and Revolution is out it automatically grows legs and goes around breaking everything in your room that has got to with Sony or Nintendo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭savemejebus

In my opinion what it is is standard microsoft marketing strategy. For years now microsoft have kept their market share in the face of new and "revolutionary" :D products by announcing that their version of this product will be superior, and out a few months after the original. In this way people who would have originally bought the competing product can be swayed into waiting for the "better" ms version.

As a result the original product doesn't sell well, the company is fogotten/goes out of business and microsoft release a sub standard MS version which will sell by the bucketload.

So IMO this "hidden function" announcement is basically MS saying

"Why buy a Nintendo revolution with its fancy new controller system when the MS version will be out soon enough and will be better. wink wink"

In my opinion what it is is standard microsoft marketing strategy. For years now microsoft have kept their market share in the face of new and "revolutionary" :D products by announcing that their version of this product will be superior, and out a few months after the original. In this way people who would have originally bought the competing product can be swayed into waiting for the "better" ms version.
    This is the strategy for all of the consoles. Sony have there "cg quality graphics" and Nintendo have revolutionary controller.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

GaMMoN wrote:
    I found out what it is after a year when PS3 and Revolution is out it automatically grows legs and goes around breaking everything in your room that has got to with Sony or Nintendo.

yep, i read gamecentral too....

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

'tis pretty obvious what it's going to be really, the worlds first console based security update :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Prior Of Taize

Its going to be f*cking sh!te.....am i close???

Its going to be f*cking sh!te.....am i close???
    Thats a feature they are going to implement after a year :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

it uses the highly acclaimed "emotion" engine.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Glipmac

GaMMoN wrote:
    It was announced by Bill Gates that Xbox360 will have a hidden function, does anyone have any ideas what it might be?

I'd say it is Xbox Live and it can only be unlocked a year after its launch.

you purchace it and about a month later it says you need to by a "whatever" which costs you twice as much as the 360 originaly, once you have brought this your computer comes a live and turns in to the evil Xbot 360 and when you go to bed and destorys all your other consoles that arn't microsoft!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Gilgamesh

maybe they will bring out a bottle opener upgrade for the gamepads so you don't have to look for one anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

evad_lhorg wrote:
    it uses the highly acclaimed "emotion" engine.
    it cries when you cry :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Citizen_Erased

Maybe it will be like the latter playstations and just break after the 30 day warranty has expired - true conspiracy that

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Could this possibly be it ? ;
    Microsoft to Make Xbox 360 Connectable with Rival Machines

06/16/2005, 23:09 [Jiji Press English News Service]

Tokyo, June 16 (Jiji Press)--Microsoft Corp. of the United States has developed technology to allow its next-generation home-use video game console, Xbox 360, to be connected online with portable game machines of rival firms, Jiji Press learned Thursday.

Users of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.'s PlayStation Portable and Nintendo Co.'s Nintendo DS will thus be able connect their machines with Xbox 360 and play games of Xbox 360 over the Internet, Microsoft officials said.

Microsoft appears to have already started sounding out SCE and Nintendo on possible collaboration on the matter. Xbox 360 is slated to be released in Japan by the end of this year.

All three companies plan to equip their next-generation game consoles with advanced Internet connection functions.

Of the three, only Microsoft has yet to release a portable game machine, and the company is apparently hoping to overcome this weakness by making Xbox 360 connectable with the two rival firms' portable machines.

Microsoft is also considering making Xbox 360 connectable with Apple Computer Inc.'s iPod portable digital music player.

Or is this already known?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Glipmac

Gilgamesh wrote:
    maybe they will bring out a bottle opener upgrade for the gamepads so you don't have to look for one anymore

then it has to have a built in fridge

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

the 30 day warranty

On that note, (the 30-day warranty, not any allegations) this might be of interest...

Small Claims Court rules against Smyth’s in case of broken down “PlayStation”

Judgement, and Director of Consumer Affairs opinion, goes against what consumers are often faced with when complaining to many shops about broken down consoles.

http://gamestoaster.typepad.com/games_toaster/2005/06/post_2.html

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

GaRtH_V wrote:
    Could this possibly be it ? ;

Or is this already known?

so what does that mean? You can connect to the internet using the DS, or does it actually made use of any functions?!?

As for the ipod, they've said that it can sync with digital music players and cameras through the USB port, I assume ipods would be included there.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

it's a jackle, jackle. it's a jackle, jackle jackle??? jackle jackle jackle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

danniemcq wrote:
    it's a jackle, jackle. it's a jackle, jackle jackle??? jackle jackle jackle
    Excellent! :D

Advertisement