Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Inertoto first round, Bohs v Gent

• 18-06-2005 2:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭

The first of the European adventures. A little over a month ago I'd have given Bohs no chance, in fact I would have been worried about them keeping the score down, but they've turned things around very nicely for them and they're now looking like a good team again. With the fitness advantage over Gent, they're the bookies favourites afaik. A good score today, espically one with a clean sheet, and they should be okay, but Gent, despite their fitness disadvantage, are a good side so it wont be easy. If they win this and the next round, which is likely to be against Czech opposition, Valencia await :eek:

It's in Dalymount Park tonight, kick off is 7:45 I think but I'm open to correction on that one. The intertoto has produced some good performances from Irish sides over the past few seasons, espically last one, so hopefully it's more of the same tonight.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Kickoff is 7.00 afaik. Is any radio stations covering it? The good thing about Cork in Europe is you know they are going to be on some radio station but the Dublin teams rarely are.

You can get [URL=http://www.vcbet.com/remotebetslip/betslip_add.jsp?PriceId=2079587700&OppId=666780400&EventId=61322600&MeetingId=4580100&OID=2220]7/4[/URL] on Bohs with Victor Chandler. I'll have a bit of that. The Ghent players are barely back in training, never mind match sharp, so Bohs should win this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Bohs to lose 3-0.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I hope Bohs can win this one, I'll probably be heading down anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,982 ✭✭✭Big Ears

scoring draw , good look to Bohs .

By the way, Bohs website www.bohemians.ie says the match is at 7pm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

Id head down if I wasnt skint. Terrible shame this isnt on telly in fairness. Poxy RTE. Get my TV licence money and spend it on Fair bleeding City.

Gent are only back in training since Thursday. I can't believe the odds on Bohs, i'll be putting big stakes on them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

thursday of this week? crazy!

id llove to get a 10 on Bohs.

eirebhoy wrote:
    Gent are only back in training since Thursday. I can't believe the odds on Bohs, i'll be putting big stakes on them.

:eek: :eek: :eek: , guess they don't think thev've any chance of making the Uefa Cup from it and must be treating it as a friendly .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭thejollyrodger

I think bohs can get a result tonight. they are playing well

• Advertisement

Currently 1-0 to Bohs, about 20 minutes left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Bohs 1 Gent 0

Well done Bohs good rsult to take away.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Didn't manage to make it over, but delighted with the result, well played Bohs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

I'm a very happy chappy. TBH I didn't really feel we could win this one and was hoping we just kept them out (for away goals reasons.) 1-0 is still the slenderest of leads but I finally we believe we have a chance now.

Who knows, if we somehow get though after next Sat we might even draw Dep.LaCoruna or Hamburg! That'd be sweet :)

good result for Bohs I hope they go through .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

The clean sheet is the best part of the result, score one over there and that should be that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Pigman II wrote:
    I'm a very happy chappy. TBH I didn't really feel we could win this one and was hoping we just kept them out (for away goals reasons.) 1-0 is still the slenderest of leads but I finally we believe we have a chance now.

Who knows, if we somehow get though after next Sat we might even draw Dep.LaCoruna or Hamburg! That'd be sweet :)

If we win we play either a chech side or a belarus side and if we beat them a trip to the Mestalla awaits

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Yeah, my mistake. Should have read my rules better! I didn't realise we had already been paired with Neman/Zlin for round 2. I figured it just be an open draw for round 2 with us unseeded and Dep et al seeded.

I was at the game. Well done Bohs.

Bohs dominated posession for the first half, but just couldn't make the breakthrough. The Belgians looked like they couldn't be arsed, which maybe made Bohs looke better, but as the saying goes, you can only play what's in front of you.

A good goal was scored, which is a great plus for Bohs, as goals always are!!

Dominic Foley would want to learn the offside rule.

JP Kelly looks a real star player, great energy and brilliant vision.

So I have the taste for European football again, roll on the Champo's League. Hopefully Shels get it together before we have to play Europe's finest.

By the way, fair play to all fans of other eL clubs who headed down. I was sitting in front of two Pats fans, and beside ( :eek: ) a Cork City fan. Craic was great.

Well done again Bohs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Game itself wasnt great but nevertheless a good win for Bohs,but it'll be ano doubt a different story over there,hopefully they will hold out :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Wasn't the best performance we are capable of, but it was enough, we are capable of much better play, but obviously so are they. They are going to be a different proposition on their own patch, as the cliché goes, but hopefully we can come home looking forward to Zlin.

Advertisement