Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Español?

Options
  • 18-06-2005 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭

Anyone doing spanish here? I have done very little for the old test coming up. Was wondering how everyone else was getting on. Anyideas for the theme. eg. what the opinion piece is going to be on? I managed to SERIOUSLY waffle the mock paper, and ended up with 70% so im hoping to do alright. Need to go over some stuff though

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭baby*cham*bell

yeah me encanta el espanol (i cant do a tilde :( )
    yeah i'm not sure what theme, so i'm just gonna learn lotsa phrases, maybe a few paragraphs, point system, war, obesity, that sort of thing!
    will i put some up???
    did your teacher do the subjuctive with you are gonna bother with it??
    bring on the A1 baby!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

Yea, she did. I'll put some subjenctive in the opinion, but apart from the, i'll try to keep away. I used simple simple Spanish in my mock, and did fine.

i think i'll stay away from it, cos i couldn't be arsed to learn it!!
    yeah same here and i ot 80%! theres alot to be said for keeping it simple!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Maybe just go over the endings, cos sometimes in the note/diary entry it's impossible to avoid using the present subjunctive. The imperfect subjunctive is probably avoidable though.
    I seem to lose a lot of marks in the reading comprehensions (well, not a LOT, but more than I'd like), especially where you have to give one word from the passage that means the same as another word that they give you. Anyone have any tips on this?

the word doesn't have to be the exact same, it just has to fit in the sentence in context. try putting a word in, translating the sentence and seeing if it's roughly the same.
    the present subjunctive is just for giving orders, isn't it??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭lestats_bride

I've decided to do ordinary for sure.I just haven't put enough work in to do the dialogues/letters and essays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭rosa

I haven't done anything for Spanish yet, but I'm thinking I should have enough time tomorrow to go over grammar and learn a few phrases for the essay? what else can you do really?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

I don't think you can do much else, that's why I have such problems with it - I don't know how to improve!!

Advertisement