Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Undenominated Engineering

Options
  • 18-06-2005 5:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Wats the Story with the horizons modules for next year? Would I be able to tkae English or music, or any arts subject for that matter? Also, when should you apply for on campus accomodation in ucd?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

not sure with the 1st question,

when you get your offer of acceptance from ucd they normally send you out a 2nd envelope with all the details on accomidation

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

I'm not sure about horizons and to be frank, the college doesn't appear to have a clue either. They're still rearranging faculties etc. I wouldn't bank on it being plain sailing the first year :(

In theory what'll you have is a situation where for any specific degree you'll need to have done 'core' modules and other optional ones of which many will be a free choice. A suitable timetable will however limit you a lot.

Campus accomodation has a deadline for applying - the earlier you're in the better.

Surprisingly for the goons in computing services, the UCD website is quite good so you might find the answer to a few of your questions there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 839 ✭✭✭zap

don't get me started about comp services, the "theory" with horizons is that your degree will have core modules whuich yoy must do, optional modules say which you have to pick 2 from 5 and your supposed to be allowed to take a number of extra modules from anywhere else in the university subject to timetable constraints so technically you should be able to do arts subjects however it may not be possible.

alos campus accom is diff this yr, the further you live from ucd the better chance you have of getting accom.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

zap wrote:
    alos campus accom is diff this yr, the further you live from ucd the better chance you have of getting accom.
    Yeah I've heard this too (from the UO), and it's about bloddy time. Some people in Foxrock were getting accomodation places.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

scoff roysh, my dad has loike paid for these focking apartments so of course i've a roysh and **** to be there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 839 ✭✭✭zap

metrognome since you asking about on campus accom I'm assuming you aren't from D4 or maybe you are like the people from across the road who have on campus accom in previous years, all vowels are pronounced like o arts = orts, dart = dort etc etc.

Advertisement