Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Players and WoW! Please Read

Options
  • 18-06-2005 7:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭

Hello,

I was just wondering if any of the irish player have Done all of MC kill reg and so on!

I want to see what the Level of skill the irish are at!

Me my self i have killed everyone and everything im one of the best warriors on any server! With Nearly full Might and wrath set + Drill and Qul!

Also what do you think of the game now that BG is out and
    what you think of BWL ?

Are all the irish on EU servers or are some on USA server like my self!?

If so what servers are you on, im on WarSong USA my self plus Mannoroth server were my Priest and Hunter are!

Thanks for reading

FOR THE IRISH :P

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭RotalicaV

Nema wrote:
    Me my self i have killed everyone and everything im one of the best warriors on any server!

But i bet you don't have a girlfriend..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

I'm on Arthas, its a US server. My guild has killed Ony and everything in MC bar Ragnaros. I miss most of the raids though, due to work and timezone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

Nema wrote:
    If so what servers are you on, im on WarSong USA my self plus Mannoroth server were my Priest and Hunter are!

Wtf who are you?

I play on Warsong US too!
    I'm Euseka, an officer in Midnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭BArra

hmmm :)

whats the name of your char on Warsong US Nema ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭joe.

Play on Zenedar server. Have killed everything in MC bar Ragnaros. Have gotten Onyxia to 61%(not enough people with key yet). Getting bored with the game very quickly and am thinking of jacking it all in.

• Advertisement

Ohh and my on-topic reply is, personally I've killed everyone bar Rag and Kazzak, but my guild has done everyone except Rag(i heart drama).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

Well till yesterday I was GM of denied. We are a european guild on Bladefist, a euro server. We've been the first on the server to kill every single raid boss in the game, starting with kazzak and azuregos and including onyxia and ALL of MC (including rag ofc).

Teethy and Quozl are also important members of the guild. Teethy is basically 2nd in command now since I stepped down as GM :)

So the irish are doing pretty well i'd say!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

And I hit level 48 yesterday. Big up to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

None of you have killed the new Rag yet tho :)

Theres about 4 or 5 irish guys in Proeliatoris, an alliance guild on the same server as Denied. Weve cleared all of MC except the new Rag and are now concentrating on the other raid bosses weve ignored up till now :)

ah well I haven't played much the last two weeks and i'm PROBABLY going to quit wow. From what I remember though, it's basically that denied haven't bothered working on the new rag. Basically because we already killed rag, so yes it's new and different and all that but the first rag kill will always be that. I think they've made 1 serious attempt so far and learned a lot of the encounter, i'm sure they will kill him soon him, but they aren't too pushed from what I can tell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

well considering the old rag was no more than a dps zergfest, it didnt involve that much skill -_-
    but with rag v3.0 its a different story

well it's interesting you say that, since we only used 5 rogues on him, so no we didn't do a dps zergfest thing, but it's nice ppl stuff like that without knowing things. But hey thats okay green suits you fine, wear it more often

Translation: "we cant kill the new rag yet either, but when we do well post it and claim another server first!"

baited?

Dustaz wrote:
    Translation: "we cant kill the new rag yet either, but when we do well post it and claim another server first!"

nice trolling from the newb that kept crying about getting owned repeatedly on a PvP server.

Memnoch wrote:
    nice trolling from the newb that kept crying about getting owned repeatedly on a PvP server.

Hit a nerve there? The fact that complaining about a flawed honour pvp system has nothing to do with a pve encounter enter your mind?

nvm, Youll get him eventually. As will we. As will any guild raiding mc enough.

Still waiting for a response, Nema. And considering I know for a fact almost all of the best kitted Warriors, bar Barra are not Irish... I'm wondering who exactly you are. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

The measure of a good player is how well he performs in PvP .. not on how many raid bosses he kills or how uber his armour is

Dustaz wrote:
    Hit a nerve there? The fact that complaining about a flawed honour pvp system has nothing to do with a pve encounter enter your mind?

nvm, Youll get him eventually. As will we. As will any guild raiding mc enough.

I won't get him, since i've kinda quit playing my mage and haven't played it for two weeks. I'm sure denied will get him though. I'm also sure every other guild will get him eventually, as will pick up groups.
    Still your endless whinging doesn't change the fact that werd/denied were the first guild on the server to beat every single raid boss thus far. Obviously this is some sort of sore point with you, but then not everyone can be the best, and I guess sometimes you gotta learn to be able to deal with it.

Playboy wrote:
    The measure of a good player is how well he performs in PvP .. not on how many raid bosses he kills or how uber his armour is

It's pretty cool actually. When we were killing all the raid bosses first this is exactly the kinda tripe affliction were spamming all the time, "denied are a PvE guild, lets wait for BG's etc." Yet when they finally managed to kill something in MC, they all ran into IRC to brag about it (well done one month late affliction), and the same when they got onyxia. Such is often the hypocrisy of people who spew this kind of nonsense.
    Off course it just so happened that we also happened to do pretty damn well in PvP as well, as well as BG's (when we actually manage to get in)

Killing raid bosses requires organisation, and weather some ppl like it or not that's one of the "measures" of success in an MMORPG. Just like being first to level 60 counts for something. First of all this isn't counter strike, or quake, it's an MMORPG, and thus the achievements by which guilds/players are ranked include defeating raid bosses.

In reality there is very little "skill" involved in MMORPGs. There is more to them then just pointing and clicking fast. Having good micro is definately an asset, but there are numerous other features that are important when it comes to being a "good" player. Team work on a large scale is one of these.

ofc you're very welcome to your view that killing raid bosses means nothing, but there are lots of players who play wow that would disagree with you on that.

• Advertisement

Memnoch wrote:
    Still your endless whinging doesn't change the fact that werd/denied were the first guild on the server to beat every single raid boss thus far. Obviously this is some sort of sore point with you, but then not everyone can be the best, and I guess sometimes you gotta learn to be able to deal with it.

lol. I dont have any problem with someone else being 'the best' (Nice assumption). I just found it increasingly hillarious how denied would feed their ego on a regular and constant basis:
    We've been the first on the server to kill every single raid boss in the game, starting with kazzak and azuregos and including onyxia and ALL of MC (including rag ofc).
    Great example right there. ALL of mc. ALL. Comepensating much?

did Ancient Helm of Ego drop in MC or something?
    equip: gives the wearer ego +100

get over yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

What was that Henry Kissinger said about college politics?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

We did Rag the hard way, with poor dps and too many healers. Our guild has a surplus of lvl 60 priests and had almost no rogues. Makes a change from US release at least.

We've killed everything in the game and I think Memnoch is right and now's a good time to stop. Because once BWL is released people will start wanting to raid 7 nights a week to make sure they're the first to kill everything again.

And really, what's the point? It's a challenge but there'll always be a new bigger mob added soon and I don't think the satisfaction is worth the time invested.

Quozl

I've heard BWL is only a 4 hour(ish) encounter though. Whereas MC was intended to last a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

Funky wrote:
    I've heard BWL is only a 4 hour(ish) encounter though. Whereas MC was intended to last a few days.

actually that would be very cool. MC requires too much time. I thought BWL was going to be MC but harder, I'd really enjoy a harder but shorter raid zone.

The 10 man Zul'Gurub may be cool when it comes out, plus a whole lot easier for smaller guilds to get a raid organsied for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

and still Nema doesn't reply. haha

-adnans

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

There really is a Nema? I thought that was a login someone made up to see could we get a flame going...

Yeah Quozl I'd definitely prefer a shorter raid to MC, and if it's true that BWL is that short I'd imagine it's gonna be REALLY hard considering all tier 2 bar the helms drop there o_O

I'm kinda thinking Nema was either someone Barra and I know trying to troll :P

Or some kid who just got caught out heh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Yeah, it reeks of troll, or could just be someone polishing their e-penis. Either way, the whole thing is pretty sad.

Advertisement