Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ready mix concrete price ?

• 18-06-2005 8:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭

anyone know the current cost of foundation grade ready mix concrete per
    cubic meter ?
    thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Goll Mac Morna

I have bought it recently was €57 per m3.
    Other quotes ranged from €57 to €60 to €68 per m3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭lensman

I have bought it recently was €57 per m3.
    Other quotes ranged from €57 to €60 to €68 per m3.
    Dublin area ? also who was the supplier ?
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Goll Mac Morna

Not the Dublin area.

Just get out the yellow pages and look up local suppliers. ROADSTONE being a nationwide company will give you an idea of price (I didn't buy from them BTW).

After ringing a Dublin depot or Dublin company why not ring some from outside Dublin to compare prices.

All you need to do is ring up and say "Can you give me a price for Concrete (25 Newton strength for foundations) per m3? " and they will tell you, that's all there is to it.

If you can get a company recomended by a friend, family member or work colleague all the better.
    Ask around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Foundations should probably be higher strength, 30-35N. I get the impression it's more about quality than absolute strength.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Cost in Roadstone in Mayo are:
    25N 75 Euro
    30N 78 Euro
    35N 81 Euro

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Be aware that if you are gettign less than a full load that you will have to pay an extra charge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭bigpaddy2004

Victor wrote: »
    Be aware that if you are gettign less than a full load that you will have to pay an extra charge.

Its been 4 years now since anyone posted in this thread and I just wanted to know if there was much of a difference in the price of concrete these days per m3.

Also what Netwons would I need. Im putting down a base which I will be putting my mobile crane up on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

Its been 4 years now since anyone posted in this thread and I just wanted to know if there was much of a difference in the price of concrete these days per m3.

Also what Netwons would I need. Im putting down a base which I will be putting my mobile crane up on?

30n cost me €77 per m3 recently from Rhyne Rock in Longford.
    I believe in the North West that Roadstone have significantly dropped their prices in the last month and can supply the above for €70.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 stone mad

i got a price for concrete from the cronin group in cork last week 35n for 75 plus vat. anyone else got a price

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 AutoKadett

Not yet but I'll be after a load of cement (concrete) soon. Till reading this I had no idea what to expect for prices. It would be handy to get this thread going again for more recent prices! :D

Just wondering tho, what does 35n mean exactly?
    What **n would be needed for general car parking and stuff?
    And does M3 mean Meters Cubed?
    What area in Meters Squared would a M3 cover?

Sorry for being thick! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 252 ✭✭Max Moment

AutoKadett wrote: »
    Not yet but I'll be after a load of cement soon. Till reading this I had no idea what to expect for prices. It would be handy to get this thread going again for more recent prices! :D

Just wondering tho, what does 35n mean exactly?
    What **n would be needed for general car parking and stuff?
    And does M3 mean Meters Cubed?
    What area in Meters Squared would a M3 cover?

Sorry for being thick! :rolleyes:

Think you mean a load of Concrete - not cement! :confused:

35N means the concrete's compressive strength of 35N/mm2 @ 28 days old. This is on the target strength measured by crushing a concrete cube sample taken when the concrete is batched / poured @28 days.

Yes, M3 means metres cubed. The square meterage coverage depends on the depth you intend to pour it at. e.g. at 100mm deep, 1m3 will cover 10m2.

For a standard driveway / carparking, a 25N mix should be sufficient but I would recommend at least 100mm deep of concrete (light traffic only!). Also, 1 layer of A142 reinforcing mesh should be placed to prevent cracking of the concete.

Max Moment wrote: »
    Think you mean a load of Concrete - not cement! :confused:

I thought I already apologised for being thick? :D

Cheers dude for that. Everything answered with a little extra :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 weemom

Hi there,

Anyone got a more recent data on the cost of concrete per cubic meter.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6 carnotcycle

25N cost €58/m3 in County Carlow if thats of help to anyone.

Cheers mate, thats a nice price. Shame Carlow is miles away from me. I still haven't priced it local to myself (Kinnegad area). When I do I'll be sure to update :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Naved Mahdi

lensman wrote: »
    anyone know the current cost of foundation grade ready mix concrete per
    cubic meter ?
    thanks
    Price for Readymix : 56 $ / M3 for 2 KSI & 65.3 $ /M3 FOR 4 KSI (04/04/12) .
    tHIS PRICE IS VALID FOR 120 DAYS...AND DELIVERED TO JOBSITE INCLUDING TRANSPORTATION

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Syllabus

Price for Readymix : 56 $ / M3 for 2 KSI & 65.3 $ /M3 FOR 4 KSI (04/04/12) .
    tHIS PRICE IS VALID FOR 120 DAYS...AND DELIVERED TO JOBSITE INCLUDING TRANSPORTATION

is this price in dollars:confused:

what does the KSI stand for?

what grade would i need for the floor of a planned cavity block shed

and how much would i need for 22'x12'x6"

cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Naved Mahdi

correction u had given dimension in inches? .sorry volume is 0.025957 m³ which is very less for commercial supply..he he eh..if it is in feet..then you need to order 45 M3..which will cost u around 2500 $..

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭hop2it

Syllabus wrote: »
    is this price in dollars:confused:

what does the KSI stand for?

what grade would i need for the floor of a planned cavity block shed

and how much would i need for 22'x12'x6"

cheers

about 3.8 m3 so order 4 m3 and budget €240

• Registered Users Posts: 27 YMCA

Got a price for 30N today at €68 a meter in the southeast. Also doing blocks at 45 cent. Both prices including the VAT.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 grahammck

can you PM me where you got that quote? thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭sailordog13

I am also V interested in those prices,
    Can you PM me also?
    Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81 ✭✭bryaj

hi could you pm me with details of quote also please

YMCA wrote: »
    Got a price for 30N today at €68 a meter in the southeast. Also doing blocks at 45 cent. Both prices including the VAT.

i paid 360 for 4.5 meters but i reckoni only got 4 meters

im in dublin and that was with cemex

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Niall0923

YMCA wrote: »

Living in Carlow and need 2.5 cubic metres for a base of a dog run, 15 Newton probably do as absolutely no weight on it.

Just wondering where you got that quote and do you know who might do deliveries of only 2.5m^3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 378 ✭✭KCTK

Just to get this going again!! Need a few load of 35N, any ideas of price at the moment before I go ringing around?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Niall0923

KCTK wrote: »
    Just to get this going again!! Need a few load of 35N, any ideas of price at the moment before I go ringing around?

I got 2.5 cubic metres on Monday delivered to my house in the Carlow area for €200, so roughly €80 a cubic metre!

Minimix on (086) 258 2522

i got a price from Cemex

the min cost is 170 delivered

so whether you only want half a meter and a full meter the price is the same

rip off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 378 ✭✭KCTK

Syllabus wrote: »
    i got a price from Cemex

the min cost is 170 delivered

so whether you only want half a meter and a full meter the price is the same

rip off

Well need about 50 metres to start with so unfortunately the min price wont effect me...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 96 ✭✭makita

KCTK wrote: »
    Well need about 50 metres to start with so unfortunately the min price wont effect me...
    I think john a woods are around 72 plus vat at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 35 little lamb

I am thick!!! so can anyone tell me what I would need for a 10 ft x 8ft precast outside building

I am looking for the amount for a concrete base

a the cost

b labour

and any other items that might be relevant

Much appreciated in advance,

please make it simple I don't do complicated .....

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Aaron-

Would be very interested in getting this thread going again. =P

Needing a base for a cavity block shed, need concrete for an 18'x10'1' base, I calculate this to be just over 3m^3, please correct me if i'm wrong.

Anyone got a good idea of any good prices in the Kildare area?

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Johny 8

Aaron- wrote: »
    Would be very interested in getting this thread going again. =P

Needing a base for a cavity block shed, need concrete for an 18'x10'1' base, I calculate this to be just over 3m^3, please correct me if i'm wrong.

Anyone got a good idea of any good prices in the Kildare area?

Thanks in advance.

Hanlon concrete is €52 pm. + vat

• Registered Users Posts: 27 YMCA

€70 incl VAT from Cemex in Portlaoise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Kangoo Man

Just bought concrete in Carlow

Morrissey's were looking for €300 for 3 cubic metres delivered
    Ended up buying 2 cubic meters from Kilcarrig for €210 delivered

Ended up needing another .25 cubic metre which we made up ourselves, note to others, always buy more than you think you need, it's easy to use up surplus by making up a step for a garden shed etc...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 789 ✭✭✭650gs

You do know you will never mix the same to ad to ready mix so order a little more the driver can take it away like he doesnt drop it on the road or anything

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Aera

Hi
    Just got an idea to built an extension on rear. Before I will get quotations would anyone suggest me about foundation.
    How many readymix concrete I need for an extension of 40 sq m.
    Would supplier have chance to deliver the concrete on the back garden through out alley.
    Is there roughly price for labor-just for foundation.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 sneachta2000

Hi
    What about small jobs, roughly 10m2? Do those big companies come out?

Also is it up to yourself to have the layers of hardcore and sand etc down first!

Sorry for resurrecting this post from such a long time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Hi
    What about small jobs, roughly 10m2? Do those big companies come out?

Also is it up to yourself to have the layers of hardcore and sand etc down first!

Sorry for resurrecting this post from such a long time

You will have to workout the m3 value to start with, and yes you will have to have the hardcore ready as they will just turn up and pour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 macdublin

Hi I like to make a new floor in backyard (gravel + cement) , area aprox 10sq meter depth aprox 9inch. builder said i need 2 ton gravel and 10 pack of cement. i am wondering is it possible to get readymix concerete . how much it to cost to deliver in Dublin 8. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 krudmonkey

It's been a long time since this thread was started...

I'm looking for 2.8 (so lets say 3) cubic meters and was quoted at €400.

Seems to be far, far more than anything mentioned previously here.

Plus another €280 for the pump. (it's for back patio, so would need to be piped through the house).

Seems a bit steep considering previous posts had it at €50-70m3 - ie. €150-210.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,810 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Did you look at the dates on those 50 - 70 prices?

I'm also looking for prices currently - there was some interesting info on this thread.

Also, is it possible to get something added to concrete so it is not that brilliant white colour when set? Not a particular colour, just less eye-watering.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

krudmonkey wrote: »
    It's been a long time since this thread was started...

I'm looking for 2.8 (so lets say 3) cubic meters and was quoted at €400.

Seems to be far, far more than anything mentioned previously here.

Plus another €280 for the pump. (it's for back patio, so would need to be piped through the house).

Seems a bit steep considering previous posts had it at €50-70m3 - ie. €150-210.

Just paid €800ish for 8m3 delivered in Dublin. Driver arrived 1.5hours late, so it will cost me an extra for the 2 guys hanging around waiting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭Tony H

Yearly bump , any one got concrete recently in Cork , looking for 1.5/2 cubic meters

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭cargo

Up in Louth recently paid €130 /m3 as it was only 4m3. (local delivery)

€120 /m3 for 5m3 and over.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 om1301

To give a Little Update for Comparison if anyone needs

Priced in Cork City today - €122.29 /m3 - 10.5 Cubic Meters Priced- 30N

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 191 ✭✭Samson1

Has anyone got a recent price on Readymix concrete delivered please ?

I need about 1.5 to 2 cubic metres ??

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Alex19

I got a quote of €132/m3 from Roadstone for C25/30 but not sure about delivery.

Advertisement