Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Winge]"Broadband" slower than 56K when sending an email

• 18-06-2005 8:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭

This is a complete joke, I'm sending an email with 28 large photos. It's bad enough that the damn email is taking so long to send with the joke upload speed of 128K but on top of that I can hardly even browse web sites while I wait cos the upload is choking the life out of the connection. Sigh.

Has anyone heard anything about upload speed being increased? I was on to Esat/BT a month or so ago and the guy said they were reviewing the situation (i.e. not bothering theur arse to do anything unless Eircom do first) but nothing was decided yet.

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

BT only resell Eircoms products, so unless Eircom up's the speed, then BT can't do anything about it.

BTW Eircom won't up the speed, by having such a low upload speed it helps to cripple VoIP services.

YOur best bet is to change to NTL (I highly recommend it, excellent service) or IBB (wireless) who have higher upload speeds on their service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭HelterSkelter

bk wrote:
    YOur best bet is to change to NTL (I highly recommend it, excellent service) or IBB (wireless) who have higher upload speeds on their service.

I would consider NTL if they were available in my area. I was with IBB before and they were a complete joke. So glad I left them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭kin9pin

It's worth remembering that even if your upload speed was 256K sending large mails would still use all your upstream bandwidth. Get netlimiter and limit outlook/thunderbird or whatever you use.

Advertisement