Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

legality

• 18-06-2005 9:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭

Ok, have some questions...Dont know where to put them so move this thread if necessary

Is it legal in Ireland to download mp3s from not irish free servers?
    Is it legal in Ireland to download mp3s from not irish servers which requier payment? (eg 10c per song)

Downloading mp3s only for myself, not for saling.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭astec123

If you hold the rights to the song, you can do as you like, if you have the song purchased then you can store it anywhere you like but not distribute. If you want to store songs for the short term try gmail drive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭slssprite

No i dont have rights to song)
    Short term is how much?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭astec123

As long as gmail run their service.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Err, from what I recall there was an article in the news a month or so back which claimed that it was technically illegal to transfer music to an iPod in Ireland...

I wouldn't worry too much about the Irish legal perspective on this, they seem rather muddled up on these issues.

This isn't the forum for this though, as you mentioned, After Hours would seem to be the best location.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

The cheap one is probably okay (it's the Russian guys, yep?) Any legal problems should almost certainly be with them, not you.

• Advertisement
Advertisement