Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who is the best rapper alive at present?

• 18-06-2005 8:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭

Who is the best living rapper, who is either still making tracks, semi-retired, producing etc.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Inf

Tupac and biggie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭scuba steve

Did you even read it????????? It says best rapper alive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭SonicDoom2005

And tupac is still alive.....to quote one of hiw own tracks:

"I'm in Jamaica sippin dacuiris"

When was da last time u saw him u hippy?? and wat bout Biggie? Suppose hes livin in Turkey or somethin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Coolio?

• Advertisement

Makavelli, weird you mention coolio...i just bought his album gangsta paradise yesterday and its kickin......too hot has to be one of the best rap songs of the last 10 years

Ya i said Coolio, wats wrong with Coolio?

What do you mean weird I mentioned him, he's one of the options on the poll. Which is somewhat odd imo.

I didn't say there was anything wrong with him. Just a very odd choice for the poll, what with his 2 or 3 singles, and not many people knowing much about him other than Gangsta's Paradise and the fact that he hasn't been around for years.

I did not see the poll up the top...excuse my ignorance...

Your ignorance is astounding but as your from Limerick i will let it pass.

As for you Makaveli, Coolio had a number of albums released and a couple mixtapes out 2.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Inf

When the **** did tupac and biggie die?!

2pac died yesterday in a car crash and Biggie was in the other car

Everybody knows that pac is alive and well and biggie is in fat camp tryin to work on that ass. Pac is in cuba, smoking cigars and sippin on hennesy

As for you Makaveli, Coolio had a number of albums released and a couple mixtapes out 2.

I'm well aware he had a few albums.

Has anybody heard tupacs "latest" album "Loyal to the game"? All i will say is that they let eminem mix the tracks and it will turn you off pac for life... ghetto gospel is the only slightly okay song on the entire record...

19 posts and about half are on topic.
    If you want to discuss the new 2pac record start a new thread about it.

Any more off topic posts will be pruned.

Vote Coolio!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭upmeath

Jay-Z is the self-appointed "best rapper alive"
    And I wouldn't argue. He never kicks a crap rhyme, if you look at LL Cool J, Dre and Snoop, they're around for years, still droppin ****hot beats but making meat for lyrics every once in a while, Jay-Z always manages to drop hot lyrics to dope beat. Dirt Off Your Shoulders...

"I got 99 problems but this ditch ain't one"

God bless your ears... You must have bought the censored version, or your mammy, I'm not sure who

• Advertisement

No, its just better than the poser lyrics he usually comes up with. That guy is so far up his own ass, he's licking the back of his tonsils...

Bah, just noticed when I split the thread removing all the irrelevant waffle the poll was split too and is now in the recycle bin. Apologies.

Aren't most rappers beat up their own asses with self-confidence and self-importance?
    A few running examples...
    Eminem: "Twenty million other white rappers emerge/But no matter how many fish in the sea/It'd be so empty without me"
    Jadakiss: "And I'm not cocky, I'm confident/So when you tell me I'm the best it's a compliment"
    Snoop: "Doggy Dogg, you are the best/Rock this beat 'cuz you are so fresh"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭David19

Makaveli wrote:
    Bah, just noticed when I split the thread removing all the irrelevant waffle the poll was split too and is now in the recycle bin. Apologies.

Big loss eh? Pretty odd poll. Coolio and mobb deep?

Btw congratulations on getting mod Makaveli. Probably the best person for the job. What happened to echomadman? Didn't want it anymore?

This is a thread about the best rapper not why the last moderator isnt the mod anymore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭kanibus

Best dead:Big L,Biggie

Best Alive:Cassidy(His freestyles are ****in class)
    Papoose,Tlib Kweli,Mos def,gangstarr,bones thugs and harmony,mobb deep!

Yeah Talib Kweli and Mos Def would be up in my top 6 or 7... Chuck D wrote great rhymes back in the day, Naughty by Nature and the Lootpack too...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 145 ✭✭Evzer

Rakim is probably the GOAT i think gza is definitely in the top 5 aswell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭MidnightQueen

Eminem but Tupacs music is still alive.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭JoeSchmoe

sage francis, necro

but back to dead people Charisma was the best ever imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Dre Dre is without any dount ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭ubu

jonny68 wrote:
    Dre Dre is without any dount ;)
    Dr.Dre is not a rapper, hes a producer, he rhymes were lazy and his lines were written for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭evil_seed

Freestyler - MC Supernatural/Jin
    Dead - Big L
    Alive - Nas

Nas is a pretty decent rapper, Just a Moment Feat. Quan is one of my fave songs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

"I got 99 problems but this ditch ain't one"

:D

Rakim was the GOAT.Gangstarr was an overall very good rapper,nice rhymes,had one of the best producers.

I think AZ is the best rapper alive,even if i am t he only one on this earth who seems to listen to him.On his day with the proper producer he is untouchable.Nas is the greatest overall for Illmaitc and Stillmatic.Thats undisputable.Chuck D,Raekwon,GZA and Talib Kweli are personal faves.

• Advertisement

Gang Starr is a duo, Guru and DJ Premier.

Eh thought he changed his name from Gangstarr to Guru after a few years.Well you learn something new everyday... ;)
    Nas is a pretty decent rapper

He is a little better than a decent rapper.I don't need to list his credentials.Rakim and him were the best but i think Nas overall was the most consistent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭The General

jay z or nas

i also like twista at the moment

even if tupac and biggie were alive i wouldn't pick them, they were made bigger because of their deaths, if they were alive today they would be like any other rappers around

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 930 ✭✭✭-oRnein9-

Dre Dre Dre Dre Dre Dre Dre Dre Dre Dre Dre Dre Dre Dre Dre Dre Dre Dre Dre Dre Dre Dre Dre Dre Dre Dre Dre Dre Dre Dre Dre Dre Dre Dre Dre Dre Dre Dre Dre Dre Dre Dre Dre Dre Dre Dre Dre Dre Dre Dre Dre Dre Dre Dre Dre Dre Dre Dre Dre Dre Dre Dre Dre Dre Dre Dre Dre Dre Dre Dre Dre Dre Dre Dre Dre Dre Dre Dre Dre Dre Dre Dre Dre Dre Dre Dre Dre Dre Dre Dre Dre Dre Dre Dre Dre Dre Dre Dre Dre Dre Dre Dre Dre Dre Dre Dre Dre Dre Dre Dre Dre Dre Dre Dre Dre Dre Dre Dre Dre Dre Dre Dre Dre Dre Dre Dre Dre Dre Dre Dre Dre Dre Dre Dre .

Dre is an average rapper at best.Seriously he doesn't deserve to be mentioned in this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

Jedi MInd Tricks are insane!!!!!!!!! :eek:
    Tech N9ne are also pretty insane !!!!!!! :)
    Tony Touch is goood :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭The General

Orizio wrote:
    Dre is an average rapper at best.Seriously he doesn't deserve to be mentioned in this thread.

Your right there his music is good but its not always his music, he gets a lot of help

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Cannibal Ox

MC Abdominal. One of the best flows out there and top notch lyrics.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭chrismon

if it was dead rapper i would choose Eazy-E
    but alive i like Jay Z

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭yak_kadafi

chrismon wrote:
    if it was dead rapper i would choose Eazy-E
    but alive i like Jay Z

he said best rapper alive not best biter alive..thats all hes done his whole career.....a perfect example is the blueprints albums.........and thats just a start....
    i love the outlawz....at the moment in alot listenin to alot of tha realest's ****...its pretty ****in good....o and nas is up there as being the best rapper alive too.....

RIP 2pac and killa kadafi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Nocturnal

the game is gona be so big in the next couple of yeards,hes bringin rap back to the times of biggie and 2pac,n who said dre not a great rapper!n doesnt make a lot of his beats!!!dre is the godfather of rap at the moment,producin all the top beats and his two albums were both classics!plus he was in nwa!what the hell u talkin bout!!!

the game is gona be so big in the next couple of yeards,hes bringin rap back to the times of biggie and 2pac

:D:D:D You entitled to your opinion although thats a pretty shocking intrepretation the Game's rap 'skills'.
    ,n who said dre not a great rapper!

Me.And i'm right.No flow and lyrics that a 3 year old would be ashamed of.
    n doesnt make a lot of his beats!!!

Thats the rumour.
    dre is the godfather of rap at the moment,producin all the top beats and his two albums were both classics!

2001 was average.Snoop made the first half of the Chronic brilliant but the second half struggled.The massacre and the documentary are cruelly over rated.
    plus he was in nwa!

And this matters why?

Nwa were one of the best in the time. The Documentary is a great album, one of the best ive bought in a couple of years. Game is trying to bring rapping back to the time of Nwa, when violence was controlled. His lyrics are some of the best from a rapper ive heard, he tells it how it is. Alot of contraversy over Dre not writing his own songs etc. but when you listen to Games mixtapes, 50Cent is hardly writing them now is he. Game is the real deal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭ubu

Nwa were one of the best in the time.

in the time of what? Gimmie BDP any day

The Documentary is a great album, one of the best ive bought in a couple of years.

The Documentary is nowhere near one of the best albums ive got recently, never mind a few years, but everyone to themselves and all...

Game is trying to bring rapping back to the time of Nwa, when violence was controlled.

That just makes no sense whatsoever.

Why does it not make sense

• Advertisement
Advertisement