Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mixing Weedkillers

Options
  • 18-06-2005 9:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know of any combination of weedkillers that can be mixed to accelerate the burning of weeds.

Most weedkillers on the market arent fast acting enough, they take 2-3 weeks.

For example if I mixed Hytrol and Roundup, would it accelerate the process?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭davidoco

mix Hytrol Total and Simazine. Weeds turn brown within the week. The Hytrol then keeps them down. I spray once a year in spring just after I notice the first spurt of growth from the weeds and nar a weed to be seen for the rest of the year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭*Page*

i used a normal 2-3 week weedkiller gave it a week to kick in then went at it yesterday with a power hose!! wu hu it was messy but theres no weeds left...~(our weed problem was between the pattio slabs.)

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭sheff the ref

Isnt simazine banned now?

my weeds are on a gravel yard so I cannot powerwash them

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

I dunno if mixing the stuff is a wise move.

Not sure of what its called, but I get weedkiller from the brother in law who is a farmer.
    This stuff would kill a cow.
    One teaspoon to a litre and the weeks are dead in 12hrs and there's no coming back.
    I'll try get a name for it, but it's caramel brown in colour and a little thicker than water. I'd say if you went to a farmer supplier, they'd tell you what it is.

Advertisement