Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gael Force

• 10-07-2000 4:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭

Rite heres the thing

An Alliance is a good idea imho, even if it is between ppl who are in different galaxies, be it called Gael Force or The Fortress or whatever the other suggestions were.

I think it would be a good idea tho to have a council instead of 1 leader who decide things and rally everyone where needed.

Also there should be a site put up in a hurry, A logo and an Alliance tag that every1 in the alliance specifies.

whatayis think?

N

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Snaga

Sounds good.
    So how about a vote then for the name?

Post here for either

'Gael Force' or 'The Fortress'

And I fully agree with the council idea. We havent even got a leader yet, Im just the loudest mouth wink.gif

Id like to be on the council though.

Snaga

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

How about "Team Discovery Channel" ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

OK one thing.

For an alliance to do well, you need a few things... primary of which is a mailing list. P requires fast reactions from your allies in offensive or defensive moves, so email lists are ESSENTIAL. If anyone is gonna bl33t about getting a lot of mail, then they shouldn't be in the alliance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭ThunderingMike

Can we just get a ****ing Online Gaming board and be done with these god damn Panetarion threads?

So the pope puts down the Badger and leans over to me and says , 'At TFC my son , I 0wnz j00'. Before I could speak in walks Dustin Hoffman in a giant Silk Worm costume and just then...it started to get weird...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Games, online games, yeah i can see how that would be confusing...

let me suggest this - don't read any more Planetarion threads in the interests of your blood pressure.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭[-DI-]Pob

I'm all for Gael Force and the emailing list and we should get an irc channel as well. I don't mind about the council but I don't want the job, no time but I will give me support to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

i don't know too much about PA, but i'm nearly always online and i don't object to a lot of emails, so i'd like to be part of any alliance made here - and i'll be a real Half-life player in about 8minutes smile.gif
    And i also have low co-ordinates, 10:XX:XX
    Gael Force is a bit corny i think, but The Fortress sounds good.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Well, until we decide, I'm setting my Tag to GF and when we do decide, tell me and I'll change it if necessary.

As for mailing lists, I don't mind being on one for the right reasons. wink.gif

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    My page of stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭SHADOW

OK there is a mailing list set up:

Its GF@newauthorsonline.com

So far recipients are:

Me
    Kharn
    Snaga
    Illkillya
    Monty

These are only the first bunch.
    If you are interested in joining post your email addy here.
    btw for the ppl on the above list I've used your profile address. If its not right let me know.

Actually a couple of changes in plan..
    There is a mailing list but its:
    GaelForce@newauthorsonline.com

To subscribe to the mailinglist, simply send a message with the word 'subscribe' in the Subject: field to the -request address of that list

To: GaelForce-request@newauthorsonline.com
    Subject: subscribe

Ye get the idea...
    Snaga, Monty, Kharn and Illkillya aswell as myself are all subscribed.

wink.gif
    N

• Advertisement

Nice one shadow, got that mail ok.
    Ive got 9 votes now, just need another 5 to get GC.

I shudda been a politician wink.gif

[GF]Snaga

I'm in, I sent the email.....

The council.

I propose Shadow as a member of the council.

All in favour?

Aye!

[GF]Snaga

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

What kinda time-commitment does Planetarion take - I've got about a minute a day to spare smile.gif

They recommend logging in twice a day.

The quickest someone can attack you with a sizable force is 7-8 hours, it takes 2 hours to get help from a fellow galaxy person, so during a major war you should check every 6 hours or so. Otherwise even once a day or even every 2 days if its quiet enough. TBH though, just do it as often as you can!

Also if your going on holidays or something, there is a 'vacation' which puts your planet on hold and stops you from being attacked.

[GF]Snaga

I'll do a webby - but I wouldn't bother buying a domain just yet Neil!

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    My page of stuff

My email is paulob@esatclear.ie
    I want in ,,,!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

I joined up yesterday.

I am inflatible !

ok well Mills I've signed you up again..
    There was sum problem with the way the mailing list was configured in the back office.....I fuct up a bit redface.gif

So if any1 else has signed up thru that auto subscribe just leave yisser addys here and I'll put you back on again..

N

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

you can get free .com .org and .net addresses off some crowd - I have the addy at home. They offer free webspace and email addresses too.

Not sure what the catch is. They certainly get advertising on your site - maybe they retain ownership of the domain name too.

• Advertisement

Ok so the tag is [GF]
    I will buy a domain name if sum1 else is prepared to do a web site cause I dont have the time
    both gaelforce and thefortress .com, net and org aren't available.

Suggestions?

[GF]N
    wink.gif

What about this..

Everyone can join Gael Force then in about a week everyone who has joined will be able to vote for a council of 5 people.

It will be the councils job to make decisions, From who is let into the alliance to the mission statement kind of thing!

That mailing list that I put up is now out of order by choice cool.gif
    BUT
    the email address is still running
    SO
    If you want to join then post your e-mail address here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭HardKore

Gael Force is a cool name.i vote snaga

[BSE]HardKore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

I noticed one or two posts on the PA boards looking for irish alliances, Ive forwarded them here

Monty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Lord Khan

well I was looking forward until I saw newauthoronline as the list

list and IRC channel tend to make each other redundant

least nobody voted for "the fortress"

Kharn if he wants to buy a domain that he'll own for the next 2 years let him :-)
    just don't forget to tell him ya'll also need a server (virtual or otherwise) 24/7

noticed that everybody wants to be a leader
    natural but don't propose your self.

Vote for Gaelic Cluster 8)

btw anybody in 22:12 :-)
    http://myhome.iolfree.ie/~damocles/fuake/index.htm

well I was looking forward until I saw newauthoronline as the list
    This is why I suggested buying a domain name.
    However if you have any useful suggestions as to how one can suffix a mail list without buying the domain name with exactly what you want then please let me know.
    Kharn if he wants to buy a domain that he'll own for the next 2 years let him :-)
    just don't forget to tell him ya'll also need a server (virtual or otherwise) 24/7
    I can read for myself thanx tongue.gif
    also
    with all due respect a domain name costs $35 for a year. It may be a lot of money to you but its not for me. And you dont have to buy it for two years.
    noticed that everybody wants to be a leader natural but don't propose your self.
    eh?

N

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 LordKhan

I own 5 domains
    and 3 servers
    but spending it on a
    not even offical formed
    can't change the domain on the list

but I am sure if we ask the guys at IGN they might help :-)

Indeed

however nothing is official until it is done.
    That said ign backing would be kewl.
    wink.gif
    But again that is their choice.

N

Hmm who is intereasted in an allicnce with FA, A few of us are duel members of both GF and FA....The FA is made up of nearly 100 planets and has already alligned itself with FC a fairly large alliance....

I'll leave the decision up to you but as a high ranking member of FA I would advise that this alliance be accepted....

Our enemies shall ph33r us smile.gif

"Respect my Authoratai"

www.firstones.com
    www.nethousecafes.com

[This message has been edited by Monty - the one and only (edited 14-07-2000).]

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

What is planetoriom?

(asks the Quake head)

Monty,

Well why dont you tell us who the FA are and what they are about. This is funny really, everyone is allying with everyone else, i heard a rumour that there wont be any battles this round wink.gif

[GF]Snaga

Hmm, Some how I find that doubtful about no fighting, with the size of some of the alliances out there I'ld say fullscale wars are even more likely,

At the moment the FA(Furious Angles) is a defence alliance. Hinch(delta 9) is in charge of the alliance and the joker and myself are the 2 commanders Only the three of us will make decions regarding the alliance. At the moment, there is nearly one hundred member planets the bigger the alliance the less likelysome ones going to attack you. From looking at some of the galaxys in cluster 24 you can see a condensed version of what i mean(eg 24:24)

[FA]Monty[GF]

Well my view would be bigger is better BUT that said we cant really agree to be allied with your other crew Monty until our own alliance is up and running....GF is still only walking!!!

El Pres planetarion is a huge on-line web site based game.
    check it out @ www.planetarion.com
    Tis good crack.
    much slower than quake tho tongue.gif

N

And the Rail gun isnt as purty wink.gif

Monty : Hmmmm, joker eh, i assume its *the* joker? Could be interesting, but i think we should defo take shadows advice and consolidate ourselves first, otherwise we would just be B0rgified.

[GF]Snaga

Alrighty, I joined up and am waiting for my password to arrive.

My name is "Dogbert" and my planet name is "Dreaming Tree".

Can I join your little alliance?

• Advertisement

Seems to be taking its sweet **** time sending me a password

Andy
    I've put your profile E-Mail addy on the mailing list. If that is the wrong one to use let me know.
    wink.gif

[GF]Shadow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

People - should we try to get people from our galaxies to join the GF alliance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

im in, pity ive bin away for a while i missed everything smile.gif

irishman@iolfree.ie

[This message has been edited by irishassassin! (edited 15-07-2000).]

k your on the mailing list.
    N

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

OK I HAVE SENT The E-MAIL THING THANX TO GAMBLOR WHO GAVE IT TO ME ANYWAY IT LOOKS LIKE THE CLAN HASNT SETTLED DOWN YET AND I WAS JUST ATTACKED BY A BIG **** IN THE ALLIANCE FURY SO I NEED ALLIANCE COVER IAM IN A NEW ALLIANCE FATM ASWELL ANYWAY ILL HELP WITH ANY WEBPAGE NEEDS NOT VERY GOOD THOUGH BUT DONT BUY A DOMAIN NAME JUST GOTO CJB.NET AND THEYLL GIVE U A REDIRECT SERVICE 4 FREE u just need a host
    ~DX~

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

ok,
    we also have [GF]pebble, [GF]macros and [GF]pigsey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

can i join?
    i sent a mail to the list.

excellent site to find things to find all things planetarion
    http://tahmer.free.fr/planet/index.php3

MiCr0
    makes it easy to co-ord attacks wink.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Von

What's everyone's coords?

I'm at 35:13:10

The galaxy is ehhh strong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Right, I need to know the e-mail of whoever is incharge of GF ( shadow methinks? ).
    My galaxy is quite good, although riddled with multiple alliances, I am nearly 2.5 million in strength and doing well. HOWEVER this other guy in the galaxy is nearly 6 million, he's our main man and is very sound ( Diglett ) and he's been treathened by some lad from TE who dislikes him from the last reset. Diglett was in conc. but not anymore and this lad ( aqeoux ) is threatening to attack Diglett, I know it's not directly related to me, but if Diglett falls, the galaxy might fall too. And it could be powerful, oh yes, it could be powerful. So anyways I have over 10k of ships, he has well over 20k of ships and with the rest of the galaxy we could muster up maybe another 50k of ships, but he might get attacked by even more than that. If I got some support ( wink.gif ) from you lads on this, then he might join GF, and he'd be useful , well useful, and if not, he'd be grateful anyway. So could you mail me ingame at 27:9:23 or getsome@oceanfree.net if you can give support. They could attack anytime now.

It's about a society in freefall....

Shadow's on holliers for the last 2 weeeks (back on Saturday I think). When he gets back, he'll sort the mailing thing out.

Kharn of Chaos Central
    27:23:1
    member: Gael Force, Furious Angels & Black Sigma

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    My page of stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Black Sigma, thats the 27 cluster alliance ?
    Me galaxy is a Black Sigma one anyway.

It's about a society in freefall....

Your welcome to join FA, nearly every other member of GF has smile.gif

what do i have to do in either case?
    didn't get any reply from the email addy above

• Advertisement
Advertisement