Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Look at these Tights!!!

• 18-06-2005 10:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭

See these Opaque Black "60 denier" Tights im wearing. i spilt bleach on them...would you say they are Ruined..?Bin them or keep them..?

Should i Save these Tights.......or Bin them,,? 11 votes

Save them
    0%
    Bin them
    100%
    zAbboBoco[Deleted User]fjonZukustiousgalactusjimmy rodgersgrasshopperMatthewthebigAttolbaby*cham*bell 11 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Ming. Yeah bin them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭Dizzyblabla

bin them (unless you intend to wear them under trousers in thw winter??)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

totally off topic but you've got a good guitar like me!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭karina62

Ok this is a poll .....vote for saving them. :confused::confused: ...or bin them as totally useless :eek: :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭baby*cham*bell

Bin them
    cut the feet off and make funky 80's style tights!!! cost ya e8 normally so they would!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭*Angel*

bin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

You could try putting more holes and making them spotty tights... until they disintegrated completely. So yeah, probably bin them.

On a fairly unrelated topic, oh my god the poll is defying logic! That will be all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

Bin them
    http://mystylediary.net/NewOutfits.aspx?image=04-11-05_09.58.02.PM.jpg&user=cerealandcigarettes

Go to the last outfit on the page. You could do something like that? Mystylediary.net and stylediary.net are great for getting ideas for outfits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 847 ✭✭✭FinoBlad

Keep them, its a great excuse to buy some new boots, I know its summer but anyway buy boots, its a sign!

LadyLotts wrote:
    http://mystylediary.net/NewOutfits.aspx?image=04-11-05_09.58.02.PM.jpg&user=cerealandcigarettes

Go to the last outfit on the page. You could do something like that? Mystylediary.net and stylediary.net are great for getting ideas for outfits.

Great links BTW they reminded me of a great clothes designer from Cows Lane in Temple Bar.
    http://www.majkadesigns.se
    http://www.temple-bar.ie/culture_markets_cowslane.asp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

Bin em!!

• Advertisement

Well so far the votes on me to Bin them!! 84% say bin them / only 28% say save them :(:( lets see if i can sway the vote a little the other way :D:D ok ....
    1st /They are "Brand new"!! Tights brought from M&S only the day before
    2nd/extreaml'y comfy to wear
    3rd/wear them for school
    4th/the only pair of 60 denier opaques i have got. :eek: :eek:
    5th/super smooth on the legs

splash out , buy a new pair , they look minging with the big stain on em

• Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭misswex

Bin them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭*Page*

bin them...

Now my Mother wants them!!!.............To cut up and use for tying her garden plants :mad: :mad: :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭rainglow

Bin them!

And why are you wearing tights with open-toe shoes? Sorry, pet peeve! :D

"And why are you wearing tights with open-toe shoes? " because they are thick Matt opaque ...i wont wear sheer nylons with open toe shoes though!!.......From the Poll results It looks like they will have to be Binned :now even my sister says i should Bin them..( :(:( Come on!! some body at least vote for them to be "saved" from the Trash ..i have only had them for one day!!! :eek: :eek: i could put some black dye over that bleach stain...?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 990 ✭✭✭galactus

Bin them
    Where's Geldof and Bono? Save the tights!!

Come on!!! Cast your votes ..keep this poll going ;);) i have not binned them yet!! :p:p

20cent each lads , help the girl get a new pair!!This is like the Ricki Lake for tights :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Get a black marker and colur it in. All sorted.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,986 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

might be useful if you needed to make a withdrawl from the postoffice when you've forgotten your deposit book.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 maxinana

i say bin em.

it's not as bad as:

cu004.jpg

*courtesy of http://bryanboy.typepad.com

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭Lady

Bin them and the shoes!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Most inane thread in the universe, anyone?

I mean - they're tights. They cost very little. Who cares?!

Next week: should I reuse my teabags?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭*Page*

hmmm tea bags you know simu i think you could have a good idea there....

bin the stoopid tights!!!

and never wear tights with open toe shoes!!!!!

WHY!!! WHY!! WHY!!!.......? :mad: :mad: :mad:

Do these look any better....? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Lola123

karina62 wrote:
    "And why are you wearing tights with open-toe shoes? " because they are thick Matt opaque ...i wont wear sheer nylons with open toe shoes though!!.......From the Poll results It looks like they will have to be Binned :now even my sister says i should Bin them..( :(:( Come on!! some body at least vote for them to be "saved" from the Trash ..i have only had them for one day!!! :eek: :eek: i could put some black dye over that bleach stain...?

sorry. I have to say it.....
    ALL tights are a no-no with sandals. even the one's that say they are "sandal toe".
    It's a major faux pas.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Lola123

maxinana wrote:
    i say bin em.

it's not as bad as:

cu004.jpg

*courtesy of http://bryanboy.typepad.com

These are well hot!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭threebeards

karina62 wrote:
    Well so far the votes on me to Bin them!! 84% say bin them / only 28% say save them

112% of the people have spoken!!

Lola123 wrote:
    sorry. I have to say it.....
    ALL tights are a no-no with sandals. even the one's that say they are "sandal toe".
    It's a major faux pas.

Thank you!! It's as bad as men who wear white socks with dress shoes....make that white socks with ANYTHING except tracksuit bottoms and runners. Don't get me started! :D

maxinana ..where do you buy them sky blue colour tights from..? p.s i still have not binned the Black ones :D:D

ah scrape together a fiver an buy a new pair ,me kinda hopes this threads a joke , with the tights and sandals , black tights and sandals me no likey and the fact that ya gotta be livin on beans , mouldy beans at that if ya cant afford new tights , come on its summer go get a colour into yer legs , please ditch the minging tights !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

FinoBlad wrote:
    Keep them, its a great excuse to buy some new boots, I know its summer but anyway buy boots, its a sign!

Wow, its hard to understand you gals. Such joy can be bludgeoned out of clothing and footwear. Even when its merely to cover some eccentrics bleachy, nylon clad leg.

• Advertisement

Is school not finished for the summer? Surely you can afford a new pair by the time school starts again in September!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,986 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Put them to one side. Some day you will put a hole in another pair of tights - then you can wear one one each leg

There is always eBay - don't forget to say you will post to Japan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

If you can't make up your mind about something so insignificant, you need help. There is bleach on them, they look crap. IT'S NOT THE KRYPTON FACTOR.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Dr.Feelgood

Bin the things.

If you want......like....if you dont wanna bin them then......ehhh.........dont........either way do you think this poll will effect your decision?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Velvet Vocals

OH MY GOD, KARINA, WHO ARE YOU AND WHERE ARE YOU FROM?
    NO one and I mean NO ONE in civilised society wears tights with open-toe shoes? It's just not done!
    If you spilt bleach on you tights, THROW THEM AWAY!!!!!!
    Do you self a favour and shave your legs and get some fake tan and have a pedicure and wear open toe shoes with your toes showing like all normal people!!!!!!!
    But do your self another favour and throw those sandals away to, go shopping for gods sake, Penny's have lovely sandals for €3 so you don't have to spend a fortune. Drag you self out of the eighties and if you don't, then keep the pic's coming because they are hilarious!

• Advertisement

please please bin em!!an i gotta say tights like that an open toe shoes , please god no!!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

How did Matthewthebig vote for both? Was it a multiple choice poll?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

maxinana wrote:
    Oh my god...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Fishie wrote:
    How did Matthewthebig vote for both? Was it a multiple choice poll?

Yes, dont think she intentionally made it that way though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Velvet Vocals

Fishie wrote:
    Oh my god...

Check him out here..... :D
    fugly.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

christ girl...they're a pair of TIGHTS...not a 500 quid prada top just throw them out

and the open toe shoes with tights-ive never seen that on anyone under 40

WELL..?...!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: [should i save them..?]

there just tights!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Velcrow

Hard to know... Put them on again ....

Velcrow wrote:
    Hard to know... Put them on again ....
    lol :D

• Advertisement