Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is this you do exist??!!

Options
  • 18-06-2005 11:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

I have been an anime fan for most of my life, I love it to bits (mabey too much) I spend my time waching one of the 3249 episodes of anime I own (yes I own that much, thanks to my job and the internet, and the kind ppl who donate anime to my anime website) and playing rpgs, I cosplay alot (mostly alone since no one I know really likes anime :( ) and in my spare time learn japanese, I get picked on alot in my school cause I like anime so much and according to them is "gay" I just found this bored today and I hope I can make friends with ppl who live in bray, my msn is placebo_7777@yahoo.com so if you like anime and want to get to know me you can :). My favorite animes at the moment are...
    1)Trinety blood - Subbed
    2)Hellsing - Dubbed and Subbed
    3).Hack//sign - Dubbed
    4)Samurai 7 - Subbed
    5)Neon Genesis Evangelion - Subbed

I think its great that ppl in ireland like anime and I hope to get to know you, as long as you hate Vash from trigun - Man, I hate that guy lol

Any way maby some of you want to meet up with me in the anime convention?

Oh btw, I am 16, so one under 15 or over 18 :)

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

hellsing dubbed or subbed is so damn class,those english accents really add to it!
    19 soon so can't help out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Welcome to the board.
    Cosplaying is weird to me, doing it on your own is even more weird though. :p

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

lol,cosplay may be a little odd but i do love japanese,keep going with that!

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Rei-chan

Dudes, cosplay rules. I wish I had the money to do it... I'm gonna cosplay for that Anime convention in November,if it's still on... I wish I had one of those hats with the cat ears, like in Di Gi Charat, they're so cute! I love neko people, I even bought this really big bell I found in a pet shop so I could wear it around my spike collar.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=259909
    ...Come along, should be fun

http://eirtaku.com/forum
    ...More Irish anime people

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭pingoo

Big anime fan myself but never picked at school coz I'm French and anime is really popular since around 84-85 out there. Even if the phenomena is not as big as around the world, Ireland still opened its mind to the anime world in my opinion, 5 years ago when I arrived there was almost nothing, now there plenty to choose. I'm not really into cosplay but probably because its not really popular in France so I didn't grow up with that.

I watch anime every day and I'm not really ashamed of it, everyone who knows me knows and there is no big deal outta it, I even brought my girlfriend into it and she loves it, she is no fan like I am but she enjoys watching anime. Anime is a big part of my life, it opened my mind to the Japanese culture and brought me in Japan twice already with my girlfriend, so in a way, anime might sound stupid to some but at least I am opened to a different culture and learnt a lot about it just because of it so in a way it made me more intelligent :D

I'm into Get Backers at the moment and it rocks, really love the Chara design ... watch a little bit of Initial D Act 1 as well but I'm not really into it, don't like the computer generated cars mainly ... I watched so many anime that I lost track of it really but if you ask me, you have to watch Fullmetal Alchemist, GTO, Gensoumaden Saiyuki, follow the One Piece serie and a definite must have on your shelves, Clamp X ... what can I see ... the music is incredible, the story is incredible, the chara design is incredible, everything about this anime is incredible :D

why would you be ashamed of it?
    there are no other good shows around,people watch big brother and likewise
    they should be ashamed ;)

Advertisement