Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

skateboarding in town comes to stop

• 18-06-2005 11:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭

in 2 or 3 weeks it will be against the law to skate in dublin city centre :eek: ...this is the most ridiculas law the goverment has ever brought in.....will ppl be aloud bmx/rollerblade......who are skateboarders harming...all it is is harmless fun....this will cause more hasle than there is as ppl will be still attempting to skate in town.....maybe our goverment :mad: should put 1 and 1 together and buuild facilities such as skateparks and skate plaza's before they bring in such stupid laws.....there's alot more important things the goverment can be doin instead of trying to kill a sport...... :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Gets on my tits too. Doesn't stop me from using my whole keyboard though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,954 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭smois

well dats wat all the lads in the park were sayin today....it was in some paper last week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

There was a story in the Irish Independent about skating getting banned from park and the town center in Ennis. Seems the local council would rather not have skaters using the park for something positive and healthy. Insurance issues was the usual excuse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭*Page*

Hey anyone hear about the skate park opening up in lucan??

seems like years of promising and raising money has paid off!!

• Advertisement

OOPS!!!

Soz, left a very important *not* out of my post above. Hope nobody thought I was flaming or something :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭shacko

All i'll say is its about fvcking time

shacko wrote:
    I'm ghey, oil me

Oh here we go again ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭smois

as i said who are we harming?....nobody has answered this so therefore we're not harming anyone..its harmless fun....shacko wud u rather c a whole load of junkies goin round town in stead of skaters

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭liamskater

He probably would..... :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,954 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭shacko

No gotta say i just marginally prefer skaters to Junkies. I seen skaters nknock people over with no regard and harass and annoy people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,309 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

asay11.gif

Its nothing more than a quick fix, tbh. Soon, they'll be lots of fat kids in Ennis, and the county council will blame the lack of excecise!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

shacko wrote:
    No gotta say i just marginally prefer skaters to Me ma. I seen skaters help people all over with plenty of regard and never annoy people.

Good lad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 stonedfluff

yes it does suck
    but i BMX so all i can do is point and laugh Nelson like
    so here goes HAW HA! (feel free to do the same to me when the government enforce laws stating that your wheels must be over 20 inches or some such #@*&ocks) I jest, this is abuse of civil liberties! damnit!
    has anyone thought of getting a petition together?( cos they work so well!) I mean really WTF are they thinking, Would it just be easier to enact laws giving government control over everything argh!!!!!!! Take your daily recomended daily allowance of bread and if you don't chew 13 times six months "re-education" for you, Little chips in our heads making us do running motions while we sleep to stop the dreaded horrors of obese children (won't somebody think of the fat children) well maybe i'm lost in a psychotic tangent .......... where were oh yeah removing chidren from between the trucks :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3 moody_blonde

Ok, im not a skater...but my boyfriend is. we just moved to an estate where there are kids (toddlers to teens) everywhere. they play on the area just outside our door!! They kick footballs and ride bikes and play hurling and various activities. My boyfriend who is 21...a full time psychiatric nurse decided to go for a skate during one of his days off while i watched tv at around 3pm. He came back 10mins later only to tell me he had been told by security to stop skating because a resident in the area called and complained!!! He is an experienced skater and is...like most skaters...not out to cause harm. Fair enough if this happened at night or if he ran someone down or dented a car...but to tell him to jog on after a harmless skate round an estate that we PAY to be in i think he should have the same rights as those hurling rock hard slitters around do!!! Im clearly annoyed cos he is a responsible person and just wants to enjoy his free time after working hard!! Bottom line.....Is it illegal to skate in your place of residence??

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭simon0brien

smois wrote: »
    in 2 or 3 weeks it will be against the law to skate in dublin city centre :eek: ...this is the most ridiculas law the goverment has ever brought in.....will ppl be aloud bmx/rollerblade......who are skateboarders harming...all it is is harmless fun....this will cause more hasle than there is as ppl will be still attempting to skate in town.....maybe our goverment :mad: should put 1 and 1 together and buuild facilities such as skateparks and skate plaza's before they bring in such stupid laws.....there's alot more important things the goverment can be doin instead of trying to kill a sport...... :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Fuc* this.. Skating is a vibrant healthy culture which is very very positive

• Registered Users Posts: 3 moody_blonde

Fuc* this.. Skating is a vibrant healthy culture which is very very positive

I dont know about the city centre because its a pretty busy place...but in a relatively quiet area in d16/14/24??? I think skaters should be aloud to skate in the estates where they live within reasonable time frames. the bushy park is also a great place to skate and quite accessible for anyone whos looking for somewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭simon0brien

I dont know about the city centre because its a pretty busy place...but in a relatively quiet area in d16/14/24??? I think skaters should be aloud to skate in the estates where they live within reasonable time frames. the bushy park is also a great place to skate and quite accessible for anyone whos looking for somewhere

A bit of common sense solves this problem not the law :O
    I saw skaters outside the Hilton in Kilmainham and It looked so cool
    It would be great if they built a skate park somewhere in the city..
    Would skaters be a victim of crime though IDK??

Advertisement