Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Few questions for a 1st timer...

Options
  • 18-06-2005 11:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭

Right so, im thinking of getting a tattoo this summer.

It would look like this:
    tat.jpg
    (the viking head) only about half the size of that one.

What i'd like to know is, how much would I be looking at for something like that - just the black outline (colour version is in sig).

Whats the process involved when working off a picture? Do they draw a template on your body first and go over it or would they just work straight off the photo?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Hardcore Vikings fan eh?
    Nice tattoo though best of luck. Sorry can't offer any info.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Hehe yeah I try to be, can see myself supporting them for life - same as liverpool, so really its a toss between the two to see who gets the honour of being my first tattoo.

When I saw how that guy's tat turned out I realised how good it would look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Glipmac

mine's just Black out line, what the guy did was copy the out line on to tracing paper and rubbed it on to my arm and went from there, with the colour i would not advise yellow it does not show up very well, go for the black out line here's mine

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v674/Glipmac/6e72661d.jpg

go for the viking its different L'pool is old and a lot of people have it, be different like me, no one else had that tattoo done at my place...

Yeah I think that's what i'll do to start off ... where did you get yours and how much did it cost?

for a start i am from england, so you know. i got mine done in witham in essex it was only £50 really cheap, i got it done at a place called Ray's if you are gonna go there just pm me and ill give you directions...

Glip :cool:

• Advertisement

I'm going to try get this done as soon as possible now. Looking at maybe 6x4 inches possibly, any idea on the cost? At say 75 an hour how long would it take to do and what should I tip the guy?

Also, would the artist take offence if I requested the image be traced onto my arm before hand?

I'm going to try get this done as soon as possible now. Looking at maybe 6x4 inches possibly, any idea on the cost? At say 75 an hour how long would it take to do and what should I tip the guy?

Also, would the artist take offence if I requested the image be traced onto my arm before hand?

first off find somewhere where you feel comfortable and make sure the place is clean as well, sask friends where they got their's done and get someone to go with you just in case you feel woosey afterwards to either drive you home or take you to the nearest food outlet.

Mines 11cm X 19cm ish but it depends how detailed it is for the cost some places charge for the whole thing mine took 2-3 hours and it was a job lot at £50, and if you think you should give them a tip like if its say £75 give them £80 or what ever feels right. Also it really depends where you go but i don't see any problems with asking them to draw it first.

Glip :cool:

p.s. I wana see pics when it's healed, try not to scrach it as well hurts like hell when you do.

p.p.s also if it is £75 per hour go some where else to expencive it would have cost me up to £225 (Stupid money)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

I got mine done in Zulu. Mine is just the outline and it cost me €80

I'd say you'd be able to haggle them to approximately 80 for just the outline, doesn't look like it's much bigger than mine and is in the same position as the tattoo you showed there

Although your's has quite a bit more detail than mine and it'd be likely to go up to around 100 - 120, maybe more

Your best bet is to bring the picture into town, have a walk around to all the parlours in town and ask them all how much it'd be

Yeah not a bad idea. I think i'll scout out some places this week or next week, and go for it in a fortnight. Don't mind going up as far as €150 but would prefer to keep it around/below that mark. Thanks for the help and advice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Yeah not a bad idea. I think i'll scout out some places this week or next week, and go for it in a fortnight. Don't mind going up as far as €150 but would prefer to keep it around/below that mark. Thanks for the help and advice.
    I doubt it'd be over €150, in fact if you go in and just talk to the receptionists and tell them you'll go to around €130 (lowball them :)) if they quote you something higher they'll likely do something of that size for a resonable price (around €150 if you're getting it filled)

But then again I've only gotten two tattoos and I'm not too sure about certain places...

Usually the receptionists there are sound enough and you can talk to them about how much you'd like to spend

• Advertisement
Advertisement