Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eye Cinema vs. Oranmore Omniplex

Options
  • 18-06-2005 11:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭

Just after getting back from the Eye. Not a great experience in comparison to the Oranmore Omniplex anyway.

First off when I bought the tickets(2) I presented my student card and he asked did my GF have one too. She said no, and he charged 9 for her ticket and 6 for mine.
    In Oranmore, the two times I was there, he gave me both tickets for 10EUR - each, without the GF showing a student card.

In the eye, the seats have no cup holders, so drink has to be put on the ground*.
    Seats are not as comfortable as the Oranmore Omni(imo)*.
    Screen in the Eye seemed to be bigger(maybe?) but definately much sharper than any other screen I've seen*.
    It was very cold inside and with the added bonus of two fat young ones kicking the GF's seat for most of the film, it wasn;t a great experience.

Meh..just thought I'd warn you.. Omni > Eye.

* Screen one in the Eye.

Eye Cinema Vs Oranmore Omniplex 20 votes

Eye-Eye Captain
    0% 0 votes
    Omnipotent
    75% 15 votes
    Could care less / Puns molest baby jeebus
    25% 5 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Ive never been to the eye, but I certainly have no problem with the omniplex in Oranmore! True, they use cop on when it comes to students. They are decent - if you look of that age group, they give it to you.

Last time I was in omniplex, I paid the usual 5 for a ticket, and the screen was fantastic - seats were like big moulded leather ones rather then the pull down tiny ones, and instead of a cup holder there was like a cup holder and a mini table thing to put all your stuff on.

Great stuff altogether. That was screen 6. Pity they arent all like that.

Really must pay a visit to the Eye sometime though...

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Jammyd

the cup holders in the eye are just underneath the arm rest so customers can have more arm room.. the oranmore omniplex is cool but they cant be as picky about id's cause they get so few customers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 HappyGoLucky

Does anybody remember what the 'Omniplex' in the Galway Retail Park used to charge students? You could only get a student rate Monday to Thursday (and you had to buy them before 8pm). Who cares if now the Omniplex in Oranmore doesnt ask for IDs - their sister cinema in the Retail Park never gave us a student rate at the weekend for years. An absolute disgrace that students had to pay full price for years.

When the Eye came to town, they put an end to Omniplex's monopoly, now we get a student rate Monday to Sunday.

The Eye has spiced up competition up in Galway. It also has a luxury screen, when you want to impress on a date! And an Arthouse for more variety.

I haven't gone out to Oranmore Omniplex, as the Omniplex company screwed us for long enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Jammyd

thought id just share some good news with all galway cinema lovers an independant 10 screen multiplex is opening in the bailey point development on the prom in salthill this september, its being run by the same crowd as the multiplex in castlebar mayo. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭dawballz

Hey, who put a poll on my thread?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Jammyd wrote:
    thought id just share some good news with all galway cinema lovers an independant 10 screen multiplex is opening in the bailey point development on the prom in salthill this september, its being run by the same crowd as the multiplex in castlebar mayo. :)
    3 new cinemas opening within a year of each other?
    what the hell is going on here :confused:

i'm not complaining

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

I'm going to start going more often. Gonna get me a rothar too, spin over to the Eye and watch a flick on fridays after work - milk the last of my student card wink.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

dawballz wrote:
    Hey, who put a poll on my thread?

I did.

Apologies for the terrible puns. I was bored.

Advertisement