Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RDS - Comments...

• 19-06-2005 12:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭

Yo Everyone!

Great show... but a pitty they didnt use the screens for the public.. must have been hard to see for people way in the back.

I was on anglesea stand block C.. perfect view.. a bit far though..

Did Austin go to far with his swimming leason? :rolleyes:

CyA Next time!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,805 ✭✭✭Trampas

I was in Section C on the pitch in row DD and there was people (18ish) in the last row of the inside section standing up on their chairs and blocking the view at times which they didn't need to.

Stone Cold was the class. Well worth the admission fee alone.

It looked like he was having a great time up there.

His swimming was good. He swam all the way to the bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Trev C

Another good show, as expected Austin stole the show. Great pop for him and Cena.
    I was in anglesea stand block C also, had a perfect view. Didnt matter who sat in front of you, still could see perfectly. So happy didnt go for ground level seats. Could see some people there who just stayed standing the whole time.
    A good show which might just encourage Vince and the boys to make this an annual outdoor event.

Also nice to see the WWE make the effort to produce a T-shirt just for that show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Edgehead

I can't beleive Carlito was booed! Other then that great event and seeing Austin was just amazing. I don't know about making it an annual outdoor event, its better atmosphere indoors although it was something different seeing it outdoor.

Edgehead wrote:
    I can't beleive Carlito was booed! Other then that great event and seeing Austin was just amazing. I don't know about making it an annual outdoor event, its better atmosphere indoors although it was something different seeing it outdoor.

I agree with you on both statements.

Almost everyone, including myself, cheered Carlito last time, and I was amazed when I only heard a faint cheer that I started myself.

I also agree that the atmosphere was a lot better indoors. I mean, we couldn't even stamp our feet! What if Raw came next and Michaels was tuning up the band?! :(

What I would like to see is those screens indoors and some more pyros like Cena's.

And no more Morgan vs. Jindrak matches!!!! I know they have a lot of talent but why was that match near the end?! :(

All in all, a good event. I still prefer the Raw one, but I think it was a hell of a lot better than the last Smackdown event. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭Lamar

thought it was a great show..ringside brow b..there was no row a so i was ringside......great crowd interaction from our side......they kept looking over at us taunting them and all lol
    biggest **** up of the night had to be in the jindrak/morgan match when one of them was supposed to go over the roped as jindrak was running towards him with a clothesline...didnt thing that match should have been 2nd class..
    apart from that it was great..better than raw and smackdown at the point...
    austin and cena definitley stole the show............they were on for a good 25 mins together after the match..i took 5 cameras and even that wasnt enough lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

I couldn't see a thing where I was sitting, and the stewards seemed totally clueless. Considering my ticket was €70, this is just not acceptable.

I forced my way up to the stands (I don't know what letter it is, but it is the big, high one) and could see quite well. A bit far away though so could see no detail whatsoever.

Why didn't they use the screens?????

Was a "different" night, so I'm glad I went (and I in particular enjoyed Stone Colds bizarre beer scenes at the end!) but for €70???? Total rip off... We should AT LEAST be able to see the show for that price!

Another thing that bothered me: why no beer allowed in the stands?!??!

dublindude wrote:
    I couldn't see a thing where I was sitting, and the stewards seemed totally clueless. Considering my ticket was €70, this is just not acceptable.

Nor could I. I was sitting in Section B, Row KK. I'm 6' 4" and i couldn't see, so i really pity all the children who paid €70. I didn't bother going up the front though. Just plain laziness.
    dublindude wrote:
    Why didn't they use the screens?????

I don't know. I guess they assumed (wrongly) that there wouldn't be a need for them?
    dublindude wrote:
    why no beer allowed in the stands?!??!

Something to do with Aiken I presume?

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭dinjo

i was in section A on the grass,in row pp and i had a perfect view the entire time...... Austin was unreal. i went back to the hotel and told my buddies i got soaked my his beer only to find that a buddy had caught stone cold's t-shirt when he threw it into the crowd..... i couldn't believe he actually has Austin's top......

"I'm gonna have 1 Pint of Guinness.......WHAT?
    2 Pints of Guinness...........WHAT?,3 Pints of Guinness...........WHAT?
    4 Pints of Guinness...........WHAT?,5 Pints of Guinness...........WHAT?
    6 Pints of Guinness...........WHAT?,7 Pints of Guinness...........WHAT?
    8 Pints of Guinness...........WHAT?,9 Pints of Guinness...........WHAT?
    10 Pints of Guinness...........WHAT?,11 Pints of Guinness...........WHAT?
    12 Pints of Guinness...........WHAT?,13 Pints of Guinness...........WHAT?
    14 Pints of Guinness...........WHAT?,15 Pints of Guinness...........WHAT?
    16 Pints of Guinness...........WHAT?

After that, I should be watered enough, i'll drink some beer"

WHAT A SHOW....................... AUSTIN MADE IT!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 916 ✭✭✭logistic

Amazing show. I was in section c row h, perfect view will post picks up later on the Rds Pics thread.
    Austin and Cena made the show. Did anyone stick around at the end of the show to watch the real main event!! I couldnt believe the security grabbing kids trying to get cans from the ring. That wasnt on :mad:

We managed to get a can at the end. Was offered 10 yoyos from a kid for it. Open to offers!! :p

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,973 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

very poorly organised show, no one except for the people at the balconys and first few rows could see anything - i am gobsmackded that wwe with all their millions and technology expertise simply could not provide a live feed from the camera's to the big screens is beyond me, like they do in ppv's and any big show like this. The screens were used only for the wrestlers entrance videos and then they would go blank till the next entrance. From where I was sitting there were alot of frustrated people after paying 55 to 60 euro a pop for sitting in a field stretching to see anything - we even noted some people just gave up, took their belongings and went home as early as the 2nd match.

Despite all this the atmosphere was good and I had a good time with my friends, the outdoor ring and scaffolding looked great and the pops that stone cold and john cena got were worth it, I cant comment on any of the wrestling becuase we saw nothing except the odd glimse every 5 minutes or so.

Some fans took great attention to dressing up as their heroes, I saw a great Undertaker look-alike and a few good carlitos, legion of doom, stone cold and mankind look-alikes.

I'll be back next November for RAW but I will definitely be getting a balcony seat straight away, but for the best in true wrestling action a visit to any IWW show or gymwar is a must and their November show featuring Matt Hardy and Mick Foley could well be the show of this year, possibly outgunning their excellent March Supershow and D-Day shows over the past few months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Thought the show was very poor. I paid €70 for my ticket and ended up in the field having to look through a sea of heads to see anything. People had to stand on the chairs to see the entrances. This is unacceptable for the price I paid. Sitting in the stands probably would have given a far better view.
    I couldn't even be bothered chanting much except for Austin at the end.

Morgan v Jindrak was abysmal, Heydenreich v Jordan was crap as well, Chavo v Funaki was very poor and most people around me didn't even watch the match. MNM v Holly and Haas took ages to get going and wasn't great. Rey v Eddie should have been better as well I thought.

The only highlights for me were JBL's promo ( I hate the guy but he does a good job), the match which was OK, Austin stunning Angle and then Cena at the end and then his work on the mic.

I still think the show was bad though. No Benoit, no Undertaker, very poor seating and average to poor matches. Just not good enough in my opinion.

I feel like it was a waste of money. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 916 ✭✭✭logistic

Excuse me does any body want to buy my can!! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

^ Drink it. Or eBay it.

Must say I thoroughly enjoyed that show. The matches probably werent of a high standard, but the athmosphere was class.

My highlight was talking trash to Kidman as he was coming out, and he responded, and talked trash back at me. WOOO!

Decent seats, very near the entrance ramp. I was mere yards from Torrie Wilson! I felt the stewarding could have been better, but you cant win them all.

logistic wrote:
    Excuse me does any body want to buy my can!! :p

I want it! Does it still contain beer? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭pingu_girl

i most say the tickets from pigsback were awsome i was 7th row and could see everything and i only booked em at 2 o clock the day the tickets went on sale (dont you hate me?) ridiculas for other people though. i tought the show was much better than in april but not as good as raw the pyro was well cool and it was great vince addressing us on the big screen. most have gotten about 100 smart rey mysterio comments the guy in the bar had a great laff when i asked him for 2 pints wearing the mask

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Going in, I was trying to remember why I bothered paying for tickets in the first place.. I remembered when JBL got on the mic, I love the guy again, all is forgiven after ECW! He sounded locked again. He'll have to do better research next time though, there were actually 32 flags in the stadium. I was happy with the way the main event went, JBL wasn't pinned, he didn't get stunnered, Cena did, and 2 clotheslines from hell!

There was plenty of room for a Shannon Moore/Charlie Haas 20 minute classic in there aswell. I'm confused as to why people bother cheering for Holly anymore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

^^^ AFAIK Haas is on honeymoon with Ms Jackie. They got married last week at some point.

http://www.prowrestlingnews.com/images/galleries/jackie_haas_wedding/slideshow.pl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Lordz

Did anyone go in the hotel across the road from the RDS before the show?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

Any sing of Paul Londan or Akio?

London was in the first or second match, decent enough. True about Haas actually. Still, there's no excuse for leaving Shannon off a show. Unless he's going to be the next big Raw draft pick!

Oh yeah, I thought Matt Morgan's entrance video was excellent, a lot of work put into it. We want Matt!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

. MNM v Holly and Haas took ages to get going and wasn't great.

You must have had woeful seats if you mistook Booker for Haas.... :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Brow wrote:
    You must have had woeful seats if you mistook Booker for Haas.... :p

LOL. No they weren't that bad. Sorry bout that. Force of habit. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭cmoney

yeah tought the whole seating arrangement was a bit dodgy especially in row TT for €70

ah give me RAW! any day......... thats way better

but austin was class

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Lordz

I was on row "QQ", but I sat right on the edge of the row, so I could look down the aisle and could see the ring ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Krame

I was in Section C, row MM. I got a perfect view of London's 450 splash, it was the best possible corner for me. Unfortunately, thsi stupud kid about 8 rows ahead of me was standing up which partially blocked my view of the dropsault. I was ready to kill him.

I thought the event was worthwhile overall, but that said it was my first. It was a bit haphazard though.

And Austin rules. I'm not a fan of him, but I marked out big time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,371 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

i was sitting 3 rows from the back in block c, opposite the entrance. had some bloody kidding standing on his seat for the entire show 3 rows in front. not happy bout that. Overall i thought it was a decent show, but the Funaki vs (whoever it was) was so boring though, as was that Morgan vs Jindrach. why they even had that match is beyond me, it was terrible and a real buzz killer between a good Rey Mysterio vs Eddie match and the main event. Disappointed Cena didn't give us a rap, but oh well.

Have to say i thought the crowd was very poor. Few chants, and no good ones. I didn't hear even one 'puppies' chant when torrie was out, no ECW chants for holly, or bradshaw/angle. very quiet for most the show. Also disappointed there was no angle slam or alabama slam (or some kid blocked me from seeing them) and that JBL didn't get stunned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

What a pile of s**t

never again, paid 70 euro was in Section A row RR

Crap view, Crap seating arrangment

and i could barely see

the only thing that made me smile was the stunner on angle

But in reality what a waste of money :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

pingu_girl wrote:
    i most say the tickets from pigsback were awsome i was 7th row and could see everything and i only booked em at 2 o clock the day the tickets went on sale (dont you hate me?)

Fair play Pingu girl , thanks to your post about pigsback I also got good seats.

The Point had been a bit of a disaster for my 6 yr old son, we were only 15 rows back but he couldn’t see a thing while sitting on his seat with everyone standing up all the time. I know it's impossible to expect every one to stay sitting all the time, but Thankfully this time it didn’t seem so bad ( maybe we were just lucky that the people in front of us.)

The big difference this time was the way the ring and surrounding area was raised aboyut ground level, something the Point did not have.

Plus, I must admit, for every entrance and match ending I’d whip my son into my arms and leg it to the barrier (handy to be able to spot when a match is going to finish), so for the Main event we were right beside Austin etc. coming out, and for the beer celebrations at the end. Unfortunately, when Austin went around the edge slapping everyone's hands, he side stepped one of the big pillars and just missed us.
    But When Cena got out of the ring to do the same, the first person he got to was my son, patted him on the head and said "How's it going Kid", made my son's night ( and mine!)
    Then just after that, when he was a bit further down the line, did anyone else notice a kid about 10 or 11 jumping the barrier? He just got to Cena when one of the big WWE bouncers grabbed him by the arm and started dragging him away (looked like he grabbed him quite roughly to be honest).Then Cena stopped him and brought the kid the rest of the way around the ring. Thought that was real class by the Doctor of Thuganomics.He's never been a huge favorite of mine before Sat night, but he's gone way up in my estimation now ( always one of my son's favorites though)
    It's refreshing to see huge names like him and Austin clearly having fun on tours and house shows, unlike people like Lesnar and Goldberg who seemingly had no time for the non televised events (and in the end, no passion for the business full stop)

I was tempted to let my son jump down and grab a near by beer can as well, but after seeing the way the staff man handled those who did, I’m so glad I didn’t (not saying they would have been so rough with a 6 yr old but I wasn’t taking the chance).

Plus, spotted the legend Ricky Steamboat at the end at ringside with Fit Finley.

All in all, a very good show. I’m not overly impressed with most of the SM locker room bar the big names, but the guys in the main event and Heindenrich really entertained. But like I said after the Point show, if we'd been any further back on ground level, let alone 5 miles away in the Anglesea stand, I wouldn’t have bothered.

Tauren wrote:
    no ECW chants for holly

Why would Holly get ECW chants? I was surprised that he got any at all tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭revileandy

cool show, I think I had the best seats in the house, Ringside B Row A Centre! Great atmosphere/crowd participation where I was and it was nice to see some of the wrestlers really enjoying themselves. Austin made the night with his antics, and I have to say with the exception of morgan/jindrex I enjoyed all the matches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Storm106

another great event. Love'd every minute of even when i went to the toilet just after morgan and jindrak where finished talking and the match was over by the time i got back. LOL So i wasted disappointed.

Some great matches. Fair play to Heidenreich for taken the 3 kids into the ring. I'd say that made there night. Plus he took my flag in with him. Sound guy - he thank me for the use of it and saluted me. He does put on a good show.

I give some **** to Nitro and Mecury. Shouted your nothing without melina to Nitro and he got a wee bit thick. I gave him loads of stick. :)

Anyone see the wee jumpin the barrier and running after Cena. cheeky kid but was lucky Cena a nice guy and let him walk around with him.

Austin stole the show - some craic.

Thought it was a bit uncalled for - the way everyone was jumpin over the barriers into the ring grabbing cans. It just gives us a bad image in the eyes of the WWE.

I don't feel sorry one bit for 2 older guys that got a bit going of by the WWE guys at the end. the guy that jumped into the ring and than jumped out over by the walkway down got pounched on but two or more guys one had a spanner in his hand which i say was used.

Advertisement