Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ZomgLol

Options
  • 19-06-2005 12:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭

Well, my exams are finished so I feel it's time I had a go at this thing properly.

The name for the new irish quakeworld clan is "zomglol" as it is one of the current members' favourite seanfhocla :)

We have a few interested parties who I have yet to contact (I just finished on thursday so am still recovering), but I think it's safe to say that the following are in the clan: quetzal, mIXu, nosmo, Steven, pleuraxeraphim, rook1e (though I havent seen him around lately).

Though technically this is enough to run a clan (especially with the interested parties previously mentioned), I'd like to expand it so that we can practice "internally" , ie if we have 8 members online on any given game night we can play 4on4 random teams. Allowing the newer members to learn teamplay without stepping into the big bad world too soon :) .

So, we're recruiting. The current rules for joining the clan are as follows:

1. You have to want to play. This means you have to be somewhat eager to learn (assuming you're not already at a moderate standard), and that you actually want to play regular teamgames with us.
    2. You have to be residing in Ireland or the UK, this is for ping reasons rather than favouritism :) .
    3. You have to not be a knob, this is a very important rule, and will be judged by me accordingly!

If you're interested in joining, feel free to post here, pm me or join #qw.ie on quakenet (irc).

Zomglol, the anti-nooblet-with-nooblets-in-it-clan ftw.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Too Long Didn't Read.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

Giblet wrote:
    Too Long Didn't Read.

So you just posted anyways? Fair enough...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Steven

Giblet wrote:
    Too Long Didn't Read.
    Zomg! t3h dedication!

Sign this man up ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

If I find quake, I might play.

Heh as if you don't have ezquake installed paulie :)

Steven you'd better get dsl soon we need to like...win and stuff...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭Besprechen

if still short send me the application form!

Sure, so long as the stuff in the first post applies to you then come into #qw.ie or find me on server :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

If you want 4v4 target practice some night then ask in #fh and we might be able to throw a team together.

If you still remember which way up the mouse goes, iky :cool:

Steven wrote:

Judging by how you play, you seem to have that particular aspect wrong ;)

• Advertisement

Steven wrote:
    Only YA-camping clanarena spammers use the mouse these days ;) keyboard all the way

Is nosmos from Cork?

By the way Steven, are you still in Skibbereen? If so, there could be broadband on the way this summer, albeit somewhat sucky wireless, only 25euro per month.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Illkillya wrote:
    Only YA-camping clanarena spammers use the mouse these days ;) keyboard all the way

In my day we typed commands into the console.

+walk;+left;+jump;-left;+right;-jump;+jump;-right;+left;say "ph33r b1tch3s"....

Nosmo's from Dublin.

Steven has broadband installed he just can't use it till he pays someone to do something or summit...

And who the hell camps YA in CA bar newbies? Too easy to attack...on top of sng platforms all the way :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭weak infant

i will play quake

Fobia wrote:
    And who the hell camps YA in CA bar newbies?
    I think you're starting to get it now.

Illkillya wrote:
    I think you're starting to get it now.

I was agreeing with you...
    i will play quake

Duelled you a few nights ago I think, you were alright, you're in if you want...

€25? Even I might be able to afford that :D
    Wireless isn't always sucky. Fobia has a ping that has been known to slide into single digits :eek: and, for €25 a month, I'd take the hit in bandwidth. Do you know who the provider is?

Whats this about you having DSL installed Steven? Are you living in the city now?

• Advertisement

No, eircom extended their service to here (some kind of bogger outreach program, I believe).

[angst] I have it installed, but it's not compatible with the ancient telephone system in my house/b&b and the guy who installed it (who is inconveniently deceased) left no reference as to which wire does what. Long story short, I need an engineer to split off one of the incoming phonelines and run it directly to the pc. This costs money. I am the brokest man in brokeland south of brokington (international capital of no money). I am slowly scrounging funds by selling off anything that I can grow back and will hopefully have dsl before my 2 month free trial ends :/ [/angst]

Unfortunately, if this happens, my legendarily terrible ping and pl will no longer be a factor and my incredibly lucky performances at lans will be revealed to be nothing but flukes ;)

Nasty... it will be strange to see you with double figure ping.

Advertisement