Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1.6.0 Leaked patch notes

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

Dustaz wrote:
    Cry more n00b :)

What an original attempt at trolling!!!!111111one!!1

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Man, if I could have "cry more n00b" implemented as a cause for banning, I would.
    *shudder*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

This is all theorycraft until the next content patch. Right now with frost shock in its current form Horde have a huge advantage. I still definitely think that BoP has to be used on either our flag carrier or be used on the Horde ones, it's up to Blizzard now which way they're going to let it be used.

Whether it's cheating or not is debateable. I don't think it is, I frown upon using it generally but it is a game mechanic which is working like it should. I'd be more than happy to swap MC/BoP for the ability to BoP flag carriers, like they should.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

koneko wrote:
    Man, if I could have "cry more n00b" implemented as a cause for banning, I would.
    *shudder*

I don't think anyone would vote against you on that one. It's nice that these forums are a change from the muppetry of the official ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Memnoch wrote:
    What an original attempt at trolling!!!!111111one!!1
    Memnoch wrote:
    edit - and oh yes... cry more noob

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=2653419&postcount=31

Sorry, i should have known that Denied (WtfpwnBestGuildEver ©) had a server first in original trolling attempts!

Of course the MC/BoP trick is unfair. Its as unfair as a single racial trait throwing 2 classes balance totally out the window. But weve been there already :)

• Advertisement

exactly, using something I said earlier to try and troll a post i made = most unoriginal troll ever. Thanks for proving my point.

Anyway i'm sure blizzard will fix the BOP exploit soon enough, and i'm sure it's obvious to anyone with half a brain that it's an exploit. Though some people can blind themselves to obvious imbalances when it suits them.

Funky wrote:
    This is all theorycraft until the next content patch. Right now with frost shock in its current form Horde have a huge advantage. I still definitely think that BoP has to be used on either our flag carrier or be used on the Horde ones, it's up to Blizzard now which way they're going to let it be used.

Whether it's cheating or not is debateable. I don't think it is, I frown upon using it generally but it is a game mechanic which is working like it should. I'd be more than happy to swap MC/BoP for the ability to BoP flag carriers, like they should.

nope it's not theory craft, i'm speaking from experience having played against the best alliance guild on bladefist, and their flag carrier IS very hard to stop (yes we had a shaman ) and then to take down. We've often ended up in a stand off situation where both sides have the flag. Now either they didn't knwo the exploit or chose not to use it. Either way if they had use it we would have no defence.

I don't know how you can argue that it would be fair in any way whatsover. This is CTF not deathmatch. Paladin invulnerabilities are fine in normal PvP. However in CTF having the flag carrier immune to damage for any period of time is a moronic concept to say the least and I can't believe you even suggest that. The flag carrier stays aroudn their own base which consequentially is right near their graveyard which means it's not simply a case of waiting for it to wear off.

There is no place for that kind of thing on a flag carrier in CTF, and neither should it be usable to make someone drop the flag.

Honestly that's the most retarded thing i've ever heard. How the hell can anyone pretend it's somehow "fair" that you are guarenteed to make the enemy carrier drop their flag every single time and there is nothing they can do to stop it.

I'm honest and realistic in that I accept that paladins could do with some loving, but please take the context of CTF into account when talking about it.

When good guilds go up against each other and both have the flag in a stand off, which happens a lot btw since it's easier to steal the flag than it is to defend it. This is a 100% guarenteed alliance win. I don't think horde have anything similar to this.

Comparing a short snare to something that is guarenteed to drop the flag every single time is intellectual dishonesty of the worst kind

Memnoch wrote:
    However in CTF having the flag carrier immune to damage for any period of time is a moronic concept to say the least and I can't believe you even suggest that.

It appears that as well as inventing and trademarking the phrase "Cry More n00b", Denied (OMGWTFBestGuildEver ©) have also banned Priests from playing CTF for reasons of fairness.

Please learn what BoP does before posting inaccurate information.

Like i said, the tactic is an exploit because it was clearly an oversight which resulted from people calling for another uneeded paladin nerf.

i played a paladin on US servers so I know how much they suck.

I'm happy to give them the old SOTC back so they can atleast deal a little damage and be somewhat more of a threat on the battlefield. I don't think they were unbalanced with the old SOTC, that was just a stupid myth propagated by lvl 20-40 idiots. And ofc everyone bought into blizzards (it wans't meant to be like that nonsense excuse for a nerf)

immunity of any kind (even to just physical damage) doesn't belong in a CTF game.(talking about flag carrier here).

Most caster damage is not insta, it requires them to stand still and cast, but CTF is a constantly moving game, esp when regarding the flag carrier, which means a lot of the DPS has to come from melee's, not to mention chasing casters get cut down fast by defending rogues and warriors.

You can purge BoP, and you can also do magic damage. How this makes BoP unfair I have no idea. Why is it so hard to press your dispel key, or purge key? Obviously if DS was allowed it would be ridiculous. I'm sorry but I know you'd probably say the exact same as I'll say... but you seem closed minded and wanting every advantage for your faction. As it stands if BoP worked neither way horde would have every advantage and Alliance would get absolutely nothing. Now talk about "fair".

And before you mention you're in a top guild... So am I, our guild rolls every horde guild on our server bar one, who we go 50:50 with(without MC/BoP), so I also know how CTF works.

• Advertisement

Funky wrote:
    You can purge BoP, and you can also do magic damage. How this makes BoP unfair I have no idea. Why is it so hard to press your dispel key, or purge key? Obviously if DS was allowed it would be ridiculous. I'm sorry but I know you'd probably say the exact same as I'll say... but you seem closed minded and wanting every advantage for your faction. As it stands if BoP worked neither way horde would have every advantage and Alliance would get absolutely nothing. Now talk about "fair".

And before you mention you're in a top guild... So am I, our guild rolls every horde guild on our server bar one, who we go 50:50 with(without MC/BoP), so I also know how CTF works.

right so first of all if you are 50:50 with the top guild your server (without the exploit) would you not say that CTF is balanced? To me at least CTF seems balanced in that the best team tends to win, in our case we've trounced all alliance guilds but one repeatedly, now this might make these alliance cry imba were it not for the fact that synergy have also trounced every other horde guild (especially affliction - much to my satisfaction) on a constant basis. So if there is this big shaman imbalance I don't see it.

Also since i'm pretty much quitting wow (sub runs out today not renewing) I have no vested interst by getting an advantage for my faction. If I did I wouldn't be proposing that Paladins get back their old SOTC.

BOP may be dispellable but only if there is someone in range to do it. And the few crucial seconds it takes for someone to realise it's on and then dispel it can be enough to make the difference. Obviously blizzard thought it was an unbalanced ability in the CTF BG so they made it so you can't use it while carrying the flag. That's the key point here, that you aren't supposed to be able to use it while carrying the flag. The whole MC thing is clearly an oversight (like being MC'd into lava and taking durability damage was) by blizzard and i'm sure they will fix it.

Memnoch wrote:
    And the few crucial seconds it takes for someone to realise it's on and then dispel it can be enough to make the difference.

Is this not EXACTLY the same as realising theres an earthbind totem dropped, stopping to select it, hitting it, and then running on after carrier (effectivly rendering carrier immune to physical damage), which the alliance dont have.

earth bind is a snare, not an immunity, it doesn't stop you from hamstringing the guy standing next to you.

Or finishing him off with that one last hit. It doesn't allow the enemy to heal their flag carrier with no melee damage on them.

Also earth bind can be killed by anyone. While BOP can be dispelled by at most 2 classes (assuming they are within range in that fight which they might not be - could be defending or attacking or get really lucky in a random group and not have one). ALSO if you look at the druid class forums on the wow official forums there are actually MACRO's out there that allow people to target the earthbind totem with rank one moonfire. So it's not like a druid needs to even wait and click the target they just use the macro and poof the totem is gone. I'm sure similar macro's can be set up for any ranged class with an insta.

IN any case however, having BOP cast on a team mate flag carrier isn't as much of an issue for me as is the whole MC insta drop flag thing. If blizzard decided to allow BOP to be used it would be interesting to see how it works.

But what I DO know is that right now without the exploit CTF is balanced, at least when both teams are good. And if you asked our rival guild on alliance they would say the same.

but yes it's nice how you try and pass off a snare as being the same as an invulnerability. I suppose that's the same line of logic that some how says having to kill the flag carrier to get your flag back is the same as running in and MC'ing them with no chance of being stopped.

Memnoch wrote:
    earth bind is a snare, not an immunity, it doesn't stop you from hamstringing the guy standing next to you.
    Im not saying its an immunity (although for every situation you can come up with, i can come up with an equally plausible situation where it stops the carrier from recieving meaningful physical damage). Im saying that it also needs the action/reaction to acknowldge its use and get rid of it. If alliance can react to horde only totems just fine in ctf, horde should be able to deal with alliance only BoP.
    Also earth bind can be killed by anyone. While BOP can be dispelled by at most 2 classes (assuming they are within range in that fight which they might not be - could be defending or attacking or get really lucky in a random group and not have one).
    Seriously, cry more. Poisons? curses? Mind control? Magic? All these things can have an effect on the flag carrier and/or chasers and all of these things can be dispelled by a limited number of classes only. Either you have the resources and skill to deal with them or you dont.

IN any case however, having BOP cast on a team mate flag carrier isn't as much of an issue for me as is the whole MC insta drop flag thing. If blizzard decided to allow BOP to be used it would be interesting to see how it works.
    Really? What happened to "However in CTF having the flag carrier immune to damage for any period of time is a moronic concept to say the least and I can't believe you even suggest that."?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭BArra

i would love to have funkys and my guild Midnight take on Denied in CTF, would be great fun. Maybe one day we can transfer to euro :rolleyes:

on the BoP flag carrier thing, theirs also a weapon that can be got from Blackrock Mountain called the Judges Gavel that also causes the flag to drop, as it has a proc that makes the target engulfed in a shield, immune to doing anything, thus dropping the flag

me no wanna give up http://wow.allakhazam.com/profile.html?123828 and my ickle reaper :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Ivan wrote:
    Yup

Ok, I wouldnt give any more shields to them, but they could certainly use a stun, imho.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Matt Simis
    I also wouldnt compare them to Shamans.. its odd people try to put them on the same lvl just because they are the two exclusive classes.

rofl

1: They already have a tedious and annoying stun.
    2: "Exclusive", perhaps you misunderstood. Exclusive as in to the exclusion of another:
    Shaman = Horde
    Paladin = Alliance

Matt

BArra wrote:
    i would love to have funkys and my guild Midnight take on Denied in CTF, would be great fun. Maybe one day we can transfer to euro :rolleyes:

We can only dream :) I want my gnome warlock back from the US :(

I honestly can't see how anyone could think CTF is balanced at the moment, in simple class by class comparisons the Horde have the advantage in that a Shaman is almost perfectly designed for the game type, speed, healing and multiple snares... one thats even an AE snare. So they have a pretty decent advantage before even going near the fact that horde racial traits are ridiculous.
    Fear bombs on healers to focus the flag carriers are generally useless because most priests are undead, first they can Will of GG and then EVEN with the new 5 second WoGG they have a trinket to get out of the next fear and diminishing returns takes care of the rest.
    Then you have Orcs who resist pretty much every stun which is a huge part of trying to stop a flag carrier.
    And then theres War Stomp... I don't need to explain why this skill is insane in such a game type.

Yes Alliance CAN counter alot of this, yes Alliance CAN beat Horde teams of equal player skill... BUT it takes far more effort, teamplay and strategic thinking than it takes for the Horde to win a game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

more on topic..patch notes additions:

June 28th
    # Honor system reward item’s rank requirement will now be based on a characters highest lifetime rank rather than the character’s current rank.

fixed!

now nerf shamanz plz gg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

MAKE PRIESTS SHACKLE UNDEAD ACTUALLY WORK ON UNDEAD.

= ****ing owned undead rogues
    = no more whine from me
    = more fun for everyone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

it used too...... until the devs found out it wasnt fun for them getting shackled

Caliden wrote:
    it used too...... until the devs found out it wasnt fun for them getting shackled

Being classified as undead instead of humanoid made undead players immune to sleep, fear, charm, and I think polymorph effects.

So they had to run in terror from paladins and to a lesser extent priests, but were immune to the poor warlocks, and mages and lots of other stuff that made them unbalanced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

quozl wrote:
    Being classified as undead instead of humanoid made undead players immune to sleep, fear, charm, and I think polymorph effects.

So they had to run in terror from paladins and to a lesser extent priests, but were immune to the poor warlocks, and mages and lots of other stuff that made them unbalanced.

The thought of anyone running in terror from a paladin is just too funny :P

I guess once they were classified as humanoid as opposed to undead, they all cried out NERF, which lead to WotF being implemented..so in short they got their cake and cannibalized it.

Kairo wrote:
    The thought of anyone running in terror from a paladin is just too funny :P

I guess once they were classified as humanoid as opposed to undead, they all cried out NERF, which lead to WotF being implemented..so in short they got their cake and cannibalized it.

WotF used to be a passive effect when they were classified as undead. They were completely immune to fear/charm effects ALL THE TIME :)

It would be interesting to see what would happen if things were switched back to the way they were. Would we see massive whines that its unfair that one single class could own an entire race? As opposed to an entire race owning 2 entire classes :)

Dustaz wrote:
    It would be interesting to see what would happen if things were switched back to the way they were. Would we see massive whines that its unfair that one single class could own an entire race? As opposed to an entire race owning 2 entire classes :)

I'd be delighted to run the risk of shackle undead (it's just the same as sheep, but there are less priests than mages) and proper dps from paladins in exchange for being completely immune to fear, poly, charm, sleep.

Man that would suck for the alliance.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

just chance the priest shackle undead to include the undead players, none of that sleep immunity ****e ;D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

undead humanoids xD

Advertisement