Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CTYINN:- News On Demand!

Options
  • 19-06-2005 12:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

I thought it'd be cool to have a thread where people can post news from whatever session they're doing. Like maybe if another shower explodes someone could post about that whenever they got to a computer. You get the idizzle.

I realise this probably won't be used much by the Session 1ers as there aren't many here (although there are a few of our comrades doing Session 1 this year). However in Session 2 it'd be good for last year's nevermores to be able to see what's going on.

I'll begin.

News bulletin:-

CTYI Sessoin 1 2005 begins! And there's no other news! Same bat time, same bat channel!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

I knew I had seen "CTYINN" somewhere. I don't care. Lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭TalkISCheap

This list for burnings is getting purr-itty long...

*shakes head as he notes another misdemeanor*

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭JenLorigan

Ah well, you can never have too many burnings.

Oh yeah, and this morning at the airport I saw CTYI staff waiting to pick up peoples.

That is my contribution for today.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

JenLorigan: was it before 6am? cus if it was that was me :P

• Advertisement

Hey, are they stocking jolt again??
    (yes i'm salivating madly, and there's nothing that you can do about it!! :p )

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Ba_barbaraAnne

What is Jolt? Should I be worried that my lad will have a new addiction to add to his love of caffeine?

Neil: No, 'twas a bit after eight. The plane landed at about quarter past seven, but no-one got throught the passport checky place (me Engee speak good!) till eight. I considered going over and saying hi to them, but I'm bad at people-ing and tempting though the thought of getting three weeks head start on making a fool of myself is... No :p

What is Jolt? Should I be worried that my lad will have a new addiction to add to his love of caffeine?
    No you shouldn't. Not because he won't become addicted to Jolt but because Jolt is caffine. It's a highly caffinated American drink that advertises it's heart pounging goodness as a plus.

What is Jolt...? I feel as if 'tshould be answered in verse... But I won't.

One of the great mysteries of life, it is a cola-ish liquid which has its own cult(s) and contains enough caffeine per bottle to run.. Lithuania, say.

And is occasionally stocked by DCU spar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Ba_barbaraAnne

Oh S**T! Sorry I asked.... At least it's one of you lot in charge of him for the next three weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

What is Jolt...? I feel as if 'tshould be answered in verse... But I won't.

One of the great mysteries of life, it is a cola-ish liquid which has its own cult(s) and contains enough caffeine per bottle to run.. Lithuania, say.

And is occasionally stocked by DCU spar.
    In fairness it tastes ****, like a bloody frozen drink after its melted, and doesnt actually have *that* much caffeine in it.

*sniffs* Yer a great one for bursting bubbles, Holligan.

:)

oh god, i feel like ive kicked a puppy in the face

and i like it

jaysus, and they say that you can't convey sarcasm on the net... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Zounds

it tastes like old coca-cola gone flat, but when you need to be alert in class after 2weeks of bearly sleeping, there is no better substance*.

*assuming that is that you don't drink four bottles of it for breakfast and induce caffiene intoxication, a condition which feels very much like i imagine death feels.

dead?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Lady penelopy

mmm...jolt. speaking of...well, yeah...is there still a plan to not sleep for nine days to see if the hallucinating thing is true floating around there? cause if so im in for trying, but i probably wont make day 3...
    ah, only in ctyi.

and were gonna need a lot of jolt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭LiamD

It tastes like crap and it says on the bottle that it has as much caffeine as a cup of coffee, which aint all that much.What's the big obsession????It's not as if CTYI is the most stressful, hardworking place where you dont get plenty of time to sleep and relax (e.g. in class, activities and occasionally after lights out).Ahhh those 'caffeine addicts'.So shmad.

• Advertisement

mmm...jolt. speaking of...well, yeah...is there still a plan to not sleep for nine days to see if the hallucinating thing is true floating around there? cause if so im in for trying, but i probably wont make day 3...

ah, only in ctyi.and were gonna need a lot of jolt.
    If someone tries then you must tell me so I can film it!

will do.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

ColHol wrote:
    In fairness it tastes ****, like a bloody frozen drink after its melted, and doesnt actually have *that* much caffeine in it.
    *sigh* he's right.

...i feel unclean now.

anyhow, if you need caffeine (and with these hours i do) go for the canteen coffee - its strong, its free, and its pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Chowburger

LiamD wrote:
    says on the bottle that it has as much caffeine as a cup of coffee, which aint all that much.
    Ah, but you feel like you're getting more, what with the lightning bolts and brightly-coloured labels. And there must be something in it, since adding sugar-cubes [strike]and Red Bull and 24/7s and BPM[/strike] to it causes it to erupt, not entirely unlike a volcano full of cola.
    Oh, the wonders of early-morning concoctions.

Myself and Marieke are doing the nine-day hallucination thing, think Aidan and Dave are too, and I'm working on recruiting more.

Anyone? *glances at loyal >>cough<<protegés.*

Chowburger wrote:
    Ah, but you feel like you're getting more, what with the lightning bolts and brightly-coloured labels. And there must be something in it, since adding sugar-cubes [strike]and Red Bull and 24/7s and BPM[/strike] to it causes it to erupt, not entirely unlike a volcano full of cola.
    Oh, the wonders of early-morning concoctions.
    Concoctions you say?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

[QUOTE=crash_000anyhow, if you need caffeine (and with these hours i do) go for the canteen coffee - its strong, its free, and its pretty good.[/QUOTE]

I did that last year when I ran out of money and the feckin' stuff was decaff! :(

JenLorigan wrote:
    Myself and Marieke are doing the nine-day hallucination thing, think Aidan and Dave are too, and I'm working on recruiting more.

well, ive already expressed a wish for trying, so yeah, sure.

My source inside tells me that Sunday's film was Ice Age and that Brona (yes last year's RA Brona) is teaching this year's Drama class.

:D And food news: They've been giving soup for lunch and sandwiches too! The menu's becoming more diverse then. Kool!

:( Bad news: The discos have been permanently moved to the canteen!

Interesting news: They're hiring a karaoke machine on Friday!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

JenLorigan wrote:

Hey, I told you ages ago that I was prolly gonna aswell. I'm not a protegé, I know, but I cant believe you forgot me. :(

:p

Advertisement