Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CTYINN:- News On Demand!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

With my CD of awsome power the discos will be twice, nay, THREE TIMES as fun as the discos in the Hub!!!lotsofones*

*Discos may actually suck.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

what songs?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Piste wrote:
    Ah yes....The Points.....

Here's a Table for the Craic: (Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong)

Member of opposite sex...........................1 point
    Member of same sex...............................2 points
    Local(i.e. anyone who's hanging around the campus/randomer from Santry/randomer from Blanchardstown).............................5 points
    Sportalian............................................15 points
    RA.....................................................15 points
    TA.....................................................30 points
    Instructor...........................................50 points
    Then there are different points for site director/assistant site director, I'm not sure what they are.
    Reformation in process.

Reformations make baby Jesus cry.

Matthewthebig: The CD is a suprise ^_^

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Zounds

Piste wrote:
    Ah yes....The Points.....

Here's a Table for the Craic: (Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong)

Member of opposite sex...........................1 point
    Member of same sex...............................2 points
    Local(i.e. anyone who's hanging around the campus/randomer from Santry/randomer from Blanchardstown).............................5 points
    Sportalian............................................15 points
    RA.....................................................15 points
    TA.....................................................30 points
    Instructor...........................................50 points
    Then there are different points for site director/assistant site director, I'm not sure what they are.

I always remembered it as being:
    Opposite sex.........................................................................1point
    Same Sex (within your RA group)..............................................0points
    Same Sex (out side your RA group or a genuine couple)................1point

then nothing else other than various staff who had ridiculously high point values as they're basically un-scorable.

Oh, and then there was the automatic win rule for Cotton last year

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Then there were the couple rules, 2 points if they last a week, 5 if they last 2 weeks. afair...

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Plunky wrote:
    The problem being?.. Personally think Bondi is total bollocks... And thanks for the support Fishie, The Hub was teh sex for discos, had some of my best (and worst) memories there, including a can of 7up flying toward me, and also decidedly NOT discoifying with a certain American who I recently visited...
    Ashley??!

I think my funniest memory of the Hub was pouring warm Lilt, from a height, on Stephanie Maxwell (she was sprawled across the seats with someone I won't mention) And anyway, in the canteen how would people get up on stage and do YMCA? There just isn't room on tables

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Chowburger

Fishie wrote:
    The last year I was there, my roommate made concentrated Jolt - she froze bottles of it, then let them defrost enough to siphon off the water content, leaving Jolt syrup behind. Man that stuff was potent. And it tasted like ****e - but it kept us awake ok
    Such good use we put our talented minds to :p
    And don't forget the time she bought fifteen bottles at once after rumours of bannage spread around the Archaeology classoom!

And I didn't think the canteen disco was all that bad, albeit I didn't actually go inside much - a bunch of us spent most of the night lying in a heap on the ground outside. Good times (aside from the bitch of a throat-infection I got after.)

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭JenLorigan

jen lorigan:sure, ill join the ranks of your protigees...whats involved?
    Basically you just have to be my faithful minion. And if you want to become a Fabuloist, that's good too.

You're number 23, congratulations. Or maybe it's 22. No, 23.

And last year someone from your own RA group was negative points, if memory serves...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

JenLorigan wrote:
    And last year someone from your own RA group was negative points, if memory serves...
    Hmmmmm..... I can see why that would be necessary. Although I think same sex scoring (outside one's RA group) should get even more points because of it.

• Advertisement

Same sex is/was double points.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Unless it's within the group

Yeah, then you lose said points.

Question, is your own RA negative points?

Chowburger wrote:
    Such good use we put our talented minds to :p
    And don't forget the time she bought fifteen bottles at once after rumours of bannage spread around the Archaeology classoom!
    Emily!!! I didn't realise that was you!!! Ahhhhh hello!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Plunky

Fishie wrote:
    Ashley??!

I think my funniest memory of the Hub was pouring warm Lilt, from a height, on Stephanie Maxwell (she was sprawled across the seats with someone I won't mention) And anyway, in the canteen how would people get up on stage and do YMCA? There just isn't room on tables

LORD no... Twas Jenna...

LadyP: no it wasn't, it was explaining my absence from boards for the past 2 weeks! :p

LiamD: I'm surprised you don't enjoy Bondi, you strike me as the kind of person to fit in there: underage, bleached hair, tracksuit, etc... :D

Ah yes it was negative points for within your RA group. And I believe with cotton it was 5000 points for a girl and automatic win for a guy....unless two guys scored him in which case it's whomever get's the furthest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭LiamD

Plunky wrote:
    LORD no... Twas Jenna...

LadyP: no it wasn't, it was explaining my absence from boards for the past 2 weeks! :p

LiamD: I'm surprised you don't enjoy Bondi, you strike me as the kind of person to fit in there: underage, bleached hair, tracksuit, etc... :D
    Never said I didn't enjoy it, but there's other places I'd prefer to go that aren't that hot.Maybe that's part of the beach thing???Hmm now there's an idea..... Not too surprised you dont fit in there tbh but hey it's no Slipknot concert or whatever you kids are into these days.

Plunky wrote:
    LORD no... Twas Jenna...
    Yeah I was wondering... Sorry my brain isn't functioning properly, it has turned to mulch now that I've finished the Leaving

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭edibility

Wait...wait. I KNOW I'm horribly out of touch and all, but is the "Cotton" so frequently mentioned also known as Martin? If so, you people are incredibley, horrendously mean, but also have given the best laugh I've had in years :P

Also, to whoever said they like my sig, isn't it wonderful? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Chowburger

Fishie wrote:
    Emily!!! I didn't realise that was you!!! Ahhhhh hello!!!
    Back at 'ya! Nice to know my presence inspires copious exclamation marks ;)

• Advertisement

That was me, and yes, 'tis fantabulous. :D

(That being directed at Edibilty.)

edibility wrote:
    Wait...wait. I KNOW I'm horribly out of touch and all, but is the "Cotton" so frequently mentioned also known as Martin? If so, you people are incredibley, horrendously mean, but also have given the best laugh I've had in years :P

Also, to whoever said they like my sig, isn't it wonderful? :D

Yup, Martin Cotton, if Ralph and Martin from The Simpsons were combined and made ''Real Life(tm)'' the result would be Cotton.

Oh, and your sig is brilliant!

Who is Martin Cotton? And Emily, what you up to for the summer?

Let us start a fanclub based around Edibilty's sig!

Or someone else start it and I'll join, because I'm lazy.

Fine, I'll start it.

Anyone care to join?

/me raises hand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

Matin's not a bad guy. I should know. I was 1 door down. All a bit mean to be honest. So nobody tell him. Lol.

And I've seen better sigs. It's not bad though.

You're just jealous.

And I didn't really know Martin, didn't think he was as bad as he's made out to be.

I didn't really know him, I just knew the points for him :p He sat behind Ray and I at the second disco and was like 'ooooh! Cannodling!' so he can be an annoying tosser.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Lady penelopy

JenLorigan wrote:
    Basically you just have to be my faithful minion. And if you want to become a Fabuloist, that's good too.

You're number 23, congratulations. Or maybe it's 22. No, 23.

oh good, faithful minion i can do. a fabuloist?!sounds like fun, sign me up!

i called martin gunther for some reason.i think it was just cause i didnt actually know his name, but he annoyed the hell outta me, so we decided his name was gunther...looking back, i cant remember how it made sense...

Advertisement