Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CTYINN:- News On Demand!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

He was in my RA group, but not not my class. And I'm pretty sure he didn't change his pants for all of CTYI...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

Piste wrote:
    I didn't really know him, I just knew the points for him :p He sat behind Ray and I at the second disco and was like 'ooooh! Cannodling!' so he can be an annoying tosser.
    You made it with Ray!? Have some self-respect. Those guys were just pathetic. No style or panash. Just idiots looking for a tongue. A embarrassment to the whole Playboy thang!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

Martin was okay. You were all very mean to him.

I know I did ask him to deonstrate his Aikido to me and it ended up with me holding him in a headlock, but that was an educational demonstration on my martial arts philosophy and I didn't hurt him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭gigglingrat

Fine, I'll start it.

Anyone care to join?

What's with all the groups and clubs and whatnot? Is there not an individual amoung yis?

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭JenLorigan

What is this 'individual' of which you speak?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭modular

Was Cotton's roommate.

He managed to talk for hours about his collections: rocks, geomag, etc.

Although most people were too harsh on him, he did make many annoying comments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

martin was nice, just a wee bit childish.

but you gotta admire the symbol he's become, absolute ctyi legend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭edibility

Ah, I knew him when he was a lot younger and he tends to turn up at some of the gaming nights I go to (I live in the same town as him), plus I know his sister vaugely, so I find it amusing. I nearly got kicked out of a summer camp when I was thirteen for giving him abuse ¬¬ but yeah, he's quite the funny little chap. Doesn't quite deserve the abuse he gets, but I'm a heartless bítch so I'll laugh anyway :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

Ah Roisin. Nothing like watching here remove a chunk of Shane's arm. Meh Cotton did little to me. But when he annoyed me, he annoyed me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

and the canteen discos werent bad, just nowhere near as good as the hub discos...
    not that the hub discos were that much better than the canteen discos, it just seems like any depreciation on the fun of the disco is a terrible tragedy..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

How old was Cotton anyway? I seem to remember treating him like he was several years younger than me, despite being one of the youngest ones there meself :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭TalkISCheap

13 methinks. Yeah, who feels like voting Cotton for "Legend of the Boards"??

no, seriously.... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Chowburger

What's with all the groups and clubs and whatnot? Is there not an individual amoung yis?
    We are all individuals!

just like evryone else

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭TalkISCheap

and we are all made of stars!!

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Chowburger

*cue someone actually getting the Python reference and saying, 'I'm not!'*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭elephamt king

Originally Posted by Piste
    Ah yes....The Points.....

Here's a Table for the Craic: (Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong)

Member of opposite sex...........................1 point
    Member of same sex...............................2 points
    Local(i.e. anyone who's hanging around the campus/randomer from Santry/randomer from Blanchardstown).............................5 points
    Sportalian............................................15 points
    RA.....................................................15 points
    TA.....................................................30 points
    Instructor...........................................50 points
    Then there are different points for site director/assistant site director, I'm not sure what they are

wtf???
    it wasnt that complicated.
    from what i remember it was 1 point either way unless it was in your own RA group, in that case it was -1 if you claimed it.
    i think there were only officially extras for sportalians.
    there were jokes about instructors etc.

however, the following are true
    Canteen lady (the one with no teeth and long golden hair all down her back, none on her head:) ) 50 pts

cotton - immediate win
    RAs told us both of the above

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Lady penelopy

doonothing wrote:
    martin was nice, just a wee bit childish.

but you gotta admire the symbol he's become, absolute ctyi legend.

aye, aye. he truly is...more like an anti-legend, though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭the_red_cherry

yeah i agree with elephamtking i dont remember the points being so complicated.
    i dont remember liking or disliking cotton all that much. im assuming hes not on the boards cos if he is then this is just lousy
    oh and im not

Oh wait, I rememnber now, I was hoping one of them would gain enough members to become an unstoppable force of destruction.

Gotta love unstoppable forces of destruction.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭Adesina

Piste wrote:
    Ah yes....The Points.....

Here's a Table for the Craic: (Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong)

Member of opposite sex...........................1 point
    Member of same sex...............................2 points
    Local(i.e. anyone who's hanging around the campus/randomer from Santry/randomer from Blanchardstown).............................5 points
    Sportalian............................................15 points
    RA.....................................................15 points
    TA.....................................................30 points
    Instructor...........................................50 points
    Then there are different points for site director/assistant site director, I'm not sure what they are.

I heard that it's:

Member of opposite sex = 1 point
    Member of same sex = 2 points
    Local = 0 points
    Sportalian = - point(s)
    RA = 15 points
    Ta = 30 points
    Instructor = 50 points
    Someone in your RA group = -1 point
    Colm or Willie = Automatic win

That's just what someone told me earlier in the week, not sure if it's right though.

Shouldn't you be in class at this time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

Why would a sportugitalianard be negetive points? Surely they'd be extra points.

Last year they were fifteen points.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Adesina wrote:
    I heard that it's:

Member of opposite sex = 1 point
    Member of same sex = 2 points
    Local = 0 points
    Sportalian = - point(s)
    RA = 15 points
    Ta = 30 points
    Instructor = 50 points
    Someone in your RA group = -1 point
    Colm or Willie = Automatic win

That's just what someone told me earlier in the week, not sure if it's right though.

Thet's just what Neil wants you to think.....

[mutter]Damn him and his reformations....[/mutter]

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Why, in god knows what, would you want to score one of the sportugatalians??

they're just ****ers like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Hobotastic

Why are they called... the strange, unpronouncable word, the one that looks like a combination of sporty, Italian, and urinary?

Do people find it strange that I acquired no points whatsoever last year (my only year)? I had a girlfriend back then (at home, not at CTYI). Oh, wait, I hugged Martin before I left. Does that count? Also, I think it's safe to say that CTYI last year would not have been the same without him. Whatever else you say about him, that much at least is true, and that much is an achievement. I'm certainly glad he was there.

It is kind of funny we all forgot to mention that to Adesina, isn't it? Heh. And (something I've never understood) why is it negative points for someone in your RA group?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Hobotastic

Y'know, I really want to go back now... good ol' CTYI.... I think I'm also one of the few who discovered it late enough to only get one year out of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Plunky

I had a g/f at home when I was at sess. 2, 2001... Broke up with her by voicemail, and then got back together with her a couple months later - back in my player/asshole days... *reminisces*
    Negative points are cuz think how many points you could get if you just scored everyone at the RA meeting for points sake - 2 per score, would mean groups'd start OUT With around 30 points, maybe more, defeating the purpose of the points... Hence, discourage that by making it negative points...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭claire h

Plunky wrote:
    Negative points are cuz think how many points you could get if you just scored everyone at the RA meeting for points sake

Yeah, but think how pretty it'd be to watch...

Advertisement